Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2007 7:14:45 AM EDT
Even though there are already laws in place, even though none of them would have prevented the VT murderer from getting one:

H.R.1895 : To improve the tracking of stolen firearms and firearms used in a crime, to allow more frequent inspections of gun dealers to ensure compliance with Federal gun law, to enhance the penalties for gun trafficking, and for other purposes.

Looks like this shooting is just the kind of opportunity McCarthy (Democrat) has been looking for! One older bill getting new (Democrat) supporters and two new antigun bills in two days!

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:16:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:18:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I wish she'd just introduce a bill that outlaws killing.  That way, she'd cover all weapons.  Otherwise, the bloodletting from spoons, forks, knives, hammers, cars, etc, will continue forever.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:19:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I wish she'd just introduce a bill that outlaws killing.

She could only ban killings that involved interstate commerce.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:26:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Somebody really needs to let the air out of her show.  Bills don't get written that fast.  

A) Either she's had a horde of assistants staying up 24 hours to draft this legislation so she can trampoline it off the VT shooting...

B) ...Or she's had those bills sitting in a special folder marked 'wait until mass killing', and brought them out just for this special occasion.

Either way, she's blatantly trying to springboard off of what happened, and for that alone she should be beaten brainless with a trout.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:28:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Shocking that a woman who would exploit the death of her husband as a means to gain power, would exploit the deaths of other shooting victims a means to maintain power.
Absolutely shocking.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:29:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow, could this McCarthy chick be any more of a pain in the butt?

Why should FFLs be inspected more?  How the heck will that change anything? All it would do is to cause more a pain to both the FFLs and the ATF...total waste of everyones time.

People in New York need to get rid of this woman.  She obviously is a one issue rep that puts everything else on the backburner to pursue her "cause."

Heck, not even Feinstein, Boxer, or Schumer go after firearms half as often as McCarthy.

The NRA needs to take this woman down in the next election.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:31:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Somebody really needs to let the air out of her show.  Bills don't get written that fast.  

A) Either she's had a horde of assistants staying up 24 hours to draft this legislation so she can trampoline it off the VT shooting...

B) ...Or she's had those bills sitting in a special folder marked 'wait until mass killing', and brought them out just for this special occasion.

Either way, she's blatantly trying to springboard off of what happened, and for that alone she should be beaten brainless with a trout.

Since she filed one of her two new bills the day of the shooting before even the gunman (much less the weapons used) was even identified, I am going to have to go with B.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:31:23 AM EDT
[#8]
She got into office on an anti-gun platform (exploiting the death of her husband as previously mentioned).  She is always going to be a one trick pony just waiting for each tragedy so she can spam Congress with more ludicrous anti-2nd legislation.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:31:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You're right. She is a one issue rep.

She had all these bills canned and is using the dead in this tragedy as excuse to play politics...horrible woman.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:33:11 AM EDT
[#10]
That'ts her deal, she went into politics specifically to ban guns......because god forbid anyone else have a gun on that train besides Colin Ferguson.

We can only wish that she went back to changing bed pans.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:35:30 AM EDT
[#11]
She is from Long Island though so I'm sure that is a pretty liberal area of New York where she could pull a Ted Kennedy and kill someone without having to worry about losing an election.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:35:38 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't know why this idea hasn't surfaced before but the only solution to ending the senseless violence plaguing this country is to pass a national ban on crime - we could tag it as the "NBOC Bill".

Just think...if we ban all forms of crime, the criminals will have to reform or leave the country!

Come on America,,, whattya say? Let's just do it!
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:38:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Based on what we've seen come out about this guy, I think one thing they may be successful in pushing is more records, centralization, and access to any mental health related information on a gun purchaser.  Even people here are suggesting it so I'm sure Congress would pass it if that came to a vote.

Seems obvious for someone that was committed or something, but it may open the door to a time when going to see any type of counselor will put you on the black list.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:03:30 PM EDT
[#14]
this dumb bitch was just on MSNBC. I guess her bill wants to ban guns with a barrel shroud. The guy asked her if she knew what a barrel shroud was, and she said she didn't know.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:07:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The people of New York picked a real winner with her[/quote
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:09:18 PM EDT
[#16]
We also have a real asshole of a guy(assemblyman) who used the rape and murder of daughter to get elected and said how he was going to make the streets safe again. He went on and on forever. 20 years later my friends jeep was taken from the same parking lot that his kid was snatched from. WE waited for the police for 3 hours. The parking lot had zero security guards or cameras. Nice job asshole. Maybe if your kid had a glock she could have had a chance to kill the son of bitch.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:11:47 PM EDT
[#17]
I usually reserve this awful word for the worst of the worst, but that woman is a cunt like no other  Rot in hell cunt!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#18]
This is the same woman who was just interviewed on national television regarding a bill that she is proposing to outlaw "barrel shrouds". She was asked what a barrel shroud is by her interviewer:

"I have no idea what a barrel shroud is. I think it's a shoulder thing that goes up."

W.T.F.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
This is the same woman who was just interviewed on national television regarding a bill that she is proposing to outlaw "barrel shrouds". She was asked what a barrel shroud is by her interviewer:

"I have no idea what a barrel shroud is. I think it's a shoulder thing that goes up."

Then Tucker said faintly "No, its not."
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:09:13 PM EDT
[#20]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

height=8

Then Tucker said faintly "No, its not."

I'm not a big fan of MSNBC but Tucker seemed pretty good there.  Tucker is okay.  Beck is the one I like the most right now.  Though, he did have an interview where he was kissing up to John Edwards alot.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:11:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Typical democrat, trying to pass legislation regarding something when she does not even know what it is...  

She should be banned - its for the children.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:19:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

W.T.F.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Does this mean she knows what a barrel shroud is now?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Why doesn't she quit fucking around and try do get the constitution amended to repeal/revoke the second amendment?

I mean if she's serious.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:34:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:47:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Neither of witch has anything to do with the VT incident, it wasnt stolen and it wasnt a paper work problem with the gun shop
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:50:55 PM EDT
[#29]
For a democrat, she is quit the capitalist.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I think it's a little of column A, a little of column B.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#31]
No, Congressbeast, a "barrel shroud" is where your husband used to put his penis.  You know, the thing you spew this stupid bullshit with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top