Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2005 5:29:47 PM EDT
 Everytime I hear or see these 2 bastions of dumocracy I am less then overwhelmed by their appearance of command. The gov always comes across as a hand wringing flustered grandmother, not a person who needs to portray at the very least the appearance of someone who is payed to be in charge. While I am not a Rudy G fan in any way politically, he commanded presence and calmed the people of NY by being calm, collected and forceful in both actions and orders.

The mayor of NO is worse, even before the worst he was playing the blame game on the feds and playing off the fiction that NO was only cared about because of the oil. I am sickened by such an attitude by someone in charge of a city that had been repeatedly warned over a period of many years that more actions by the city was needed in case of an emergency.

I guess we get elected officials that we deserve.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:31:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Democraps naturally
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:36:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Rudy G had the focus of being able to simmer inside, intensely furious at a group of people who attacked his land.

The LA politicians just seem awestruck by nature.  As are a lot of people around the country who forgot what hurricanes are capable of (Andrew-1992).
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#3]
You have to remember, LA has been the main headquarters for political corruption on a local
level for as long as anyone can remember.  Can't be surprised when people like that fail
when it counts.

All the people that voted for them in return for some slimey mess deserve what they are getting from their
"officials".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top