Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/18/2006 5:02:21 AM EDT
Whay doesn't Mayor Nagin of New Orleans just be a man instead of a puss and admit/stand by the racist, bigoted anti-white "hate speech" he gave two days ago? His comments of a "chocolate New Orleans" and God wanting New Orleans to be a black city, were exactly how the man feels. I would have more respect for the turd if he stood by his remarks than turning tail and running away from them, stating to the press he needs to be "more sensitive".

Can you imagine what would be said by the Reverend Jackson et al if this came from some Republican white mayor of a major city in the U.S.? The howling for his resignation would be resounding for the next thousand years! Yet, it's all just a blip with the CNN-like leftist news media.

The hipocrisy is just nothing less than astounding.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:04:21 AM EDT
[#1]
The guy is either on drugs or from another planet.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:04:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Blacks can't be racist.  Only whites can be racist.  Duh.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:04:45 AM EDT
[#3]
See you sig line for the answer, bro.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:06:25 AM EDT
[#4]
The guy is an ass
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:09:43 AM EDT
[#5]
ALL YOU WHITE, HATEAS!

All of you are racists.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:12:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Nagain won by getting 90% of the white vote in NO. He only got 50% of the black vote.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:12:34 AM EDT
[#7]
MLK is rolling over in his grave with assholes like this using his name to purport and twist his ideals to suit their own agendas.  His own people are using the words of a man committed to equality to support segregation.

Shame.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:13:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The guy is either on drugs or from another planet.

+1 this guys is an embarrassment to mankind not just                                                                                                                     one race.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:14:26 AM EDT
[#9]
he's a tool
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:30:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Nagain won by getting 90% of the white vote in NO. He only got 50% of the black vote.

Now that's interesting.   Can you link us to the data?  I ask, because if it's true, Nagain is a bigot.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:31:17 AM EDT
[#11]
every white person in NO should leave. I wonder what the tax revenues would look like?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:38:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:56:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Black people are special.  They are permitted to say anything they want.  It is not possible for a group of people with minority status to be racist.  The only majority is the white anglo-saxon protestant male.  The WASP is the only group capable of being racist.
So, what you mistakenly call racist, is actually affirmative action.  The only way that New Orleans can be a fair, safe community for black people is is the WASP is kept out.

See?  Simple.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:58:36 AM EDT
[#14]
"but you need white milk and cocoa to make chocolate"! What a backpeddling statement if I ever heard one!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:01:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Come on, he was taken out of context...damn.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:02:22 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:06:36 AM EDT
[#17]
My little town of Lufkin in East Texas had more than 250Krefugees pass through it during Hurricane Rita.  Many of not most of these folks were AfriAm.  At the height of the storm, our town of 35k became a mostly black town of 100k as so many of the refugees hunkered down here.

If our mayor had said something about the need for our town to become less black and more white and hispanic, the shitstorm would still be in effect.

Black people can say anything.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:27:32 AM EDT
[#18]
So do you think he will be re-elected in February? I feel like the only reason he is still in place is because of his color, and I'm usually right about that sort of thing...
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:48:16 AM EDT
[#19]
"Rebuild our levees, honky, then get the hell out of here."

-Adam Carolla on Ray Nagin
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:57:24 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
"Rebuild our levees, honky, then get the hell out of here."

-Adam Carolla on Ray Nagin

That is great! h,
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:57:52 AM EDT
[#21]

To be fair and consistent, the Left should be demanding that Nagin do a "Lott" more than just say 'whoops, my bad'.

But that will never happen.

"It's impossible for blacks to practice racism on whites."
~ Ronald Hampton,
Director of the National Black Police Association, Washington D.C.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:08:50 AM EDT
[#22]
come one man, duh

he and LA's govenor should be removed from office
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:11:03 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
www.hunt101.com/img/366436.jpg

That pic crackas me up!

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:13:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Not for tnothing...But 90% of the whites in NO voted for him and his least amount of support comes from the black community.

He is still a butt head, dont get me wrong.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:24:40 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:28:40 AM EDT
[#26]
He does sound a little off his rocker. I still dont understand why he didnt use those 1000 buses to evacuate before the hurricane. He has never ,from what I understand, explained why he didn't.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:29:54 AM EDT
[#27]
link

From the article -

"... Nagin was the highly-paid regional head of Cox Cable prior to his 2002 election as mayor with 87 percent of the white vote... "
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:40:46 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

You guys crack me up.  It sounds like you're saying white people are oppressed because they can't act like shit heads, and other races can.   Have a little faith.  Most people realized how stupid Nagin's comment was.
www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/17/nagin.city/index.html  

If being a racist jackass is a privilege only among certain races, they can have it.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:53:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Nagin backpeddles, still sounds like an idiot:

Nagin apologizes for 'chocolate' city comments

NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana (CNN) -- Mayor Ray Nagin on Tuesday apologized for urging residents to rebuild a "chocolate New Orleans" and saying, "You can't have New Orleans no other way."

"I'm really sorry that some people took that they way they did, and that was not my intention," the mayor said. "I say everybody's welcome."

Nagin added that he never should have used the term "chocolate."

Across the Hurricane Katrina-ravaged city, many voiced their displeasure with the mayor's Monday remarks at a Martin Luther King Jr. Day speech. One Web site even began peddling T-shirts showing Nagin with a top hat along with the caption "Willy Nagin and the Chocolate Factory."

Resident Alex Gerhold called Nagin's remarks "stupid" and "pitiful."

"He used the wrong dairy product to describe us. We're more Neapolitan, not chocolate," Gerhold said. "It doesn't do the city any kind of justice."

Aisha Johnson said she didn't think the mayor's comments were necessarily inflammatory, just out of line.

"He should have chosen his words more carefully," she said.

But some residents, like Ann McKendrick, were angered.

"You can't reunite a city if your comments are going to divide a city," McKendrick said.

Nagin's remarks fall into a line of inappropriate statements the mayor has made, said civil rights attorney Tracie Washington. She said she is "done trying to figure out what our mayor is going to say off the cuff on any given day."

"It was an unfortunate goofball statement for him to make," Washington said. "All it has really done is make the city look just a little bit more ridiculous."

The mayor, who is up for re-election this year, publicly apologized for his remarks at the beginning of a Bring New Orleans Back Commission meeting. He said he was trying only to encourage many of the city's displaced poor population to return.

In an interview with CNN, Nagin said he was addressing an "unspoken thing about who's coming back, who should come back, what type of city we are going to have in the future."

Before Katrina hit on August 29, the city was 67 percent African-American.

"It was designed to talk to the African-American community for the most part, not only for here but throughout the country -- and to make sure that they understood that they were welcomed in this city," he said.

On Monday, Nagin said God wanted New Orleans to be predominantly black and said he didn't care what the predominantly white Uptown section of the city had to say about it.

"I don't care what people are saying Uptown or wherever they are. This city will be chocolate at the end of the day," he said. "This city will be a majority African-American city. It's the way God wants it to be."

After the statement, he insisted he wasn't being divisive.

"How do you make chocolate? You take dark chocolate, you mix it with white milk, and it becomes a delicious drink. That is the chocolate I am talking about," he said. "New Orleans was a chocolate city before Katrina. It is going to be a chocolate city after. How is that divisive? It is white and black working together, coming together and making something special."

Nagin, first elected in 2002, was supposed to come up for re-election next month. However, state officials postponed the city election until April because of the disruptions caused by Katrina.

Find this article at:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/17/nagin.city/index.html  

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:07:37 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

You guys crack me up.  It sounds like you're saying white people are oppressed because they can't act like shit heads, and other races can.   Have a little faith.  Most people realized how stupid Nagin's comment was.
www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/17/nagin.city/index.html  

If being a racist jackass is a privilege only among certain races, they can have it.  

Unfortunately, this whole double standard is about a lot more than "some people being allowed to be shit heads".

A lot more people need to come to grips with that fact. At the very least, if a white Mayor had said that, he'd be unemployed as we speak, so as you can see, there's a lot more to it than being able to act like a 'shit head".
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:12:01 AM EDT
[#31]
That guy sounds even more idiotic after his back-peddling.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:34:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:44:32 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

My thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:47:25 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Kind of like expecting Teddy Kennedy to denounce alcoholics lying, drunken, overweight murderers!

Fixed it for you.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Nagin backpeddles, still sounds like an idiot:

Nagin apologizes for 'chocolate' city comments

"How do you make chocolate? You take dark chocolate, you mix it with white milk, and it becomes a delicious drink. That is the chocolate I am talking about," he said. "New Orleans was a chocolate city before Katrina. It is going to be a chocolate city after. How is that divisive? It is white and black working together, coming together and making something special."

What an idiot. So he only favors dark Africian Americans (dark chocolate), what about the lighter AAs, is he not for them as well. Besides that he said chocolate, not chocolate milk. How does one drink chocolate? Complete tool!

Maybe he was talking about Oreos
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:51:45 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
A jackass is a jackass;and a racist is a racist.This moron is a racist jackass.

If Nagan was not "drawing fire" from a lot of places for his comments, I could understand some of the "only whites can be racists" type of comment.But the reality is that, he is getting plenty of criticism-from whites and BLACKS alike- so I think your comments are not based on facts.

If some of you are expecting criticism from the likes of Al Sharpton and Jesse jackson,don't hold your breaths.They are racist jackasses too,and will not speak negatively on someone too much like themselves.

Kind of like expecting Teddy Kennedy to denounce alcoholics!

Like I said, if a white mayor said "I want my city to be all white, like god intended it to be" there would be a lot more than some mild criticism going on.

It'd be on every news channel, on the front page of every news papaer and would eventually lead to that white Mayor being forced to resign.

So yeah, comparing the 2, you can see that there is in fact a double standard. Does the name Trent Lott ring a bell? Or the name David Howard? David Howard was the white staff member of black Wahington DC mayor Anthony Williams who was forced to resign because he used the word "Niggardly" a word that has absolutely nothing to do with the word it kind of sounds like. He was forced to resign because some audience members were too stupid to understand the meaning of the word, and rather than expain to those people what the word meant and that they were in fact the idiots, he was forced to resign.

Yeah no double standards here.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:10:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:12:55 AM EDT
[#39]
So you believe that Nagan is experiencing the same amount of heat as a white mayor would be if he had said the same thing? I'd say it only a small fraction of the same.

It may be on the news, I really didn't know for sure, but it'll be old news and dropped by tomorrow in contrast to the next 6 weeks solid if it had been someone else of a different color that said it.

But whatever, that's just my opinion...based off of many situations like this.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:14:31 AM EDT
[#40]
I don't see what the problem is. If he wants a "chocolate city" then let him have one. That way he can't blame whitey when things go wrong.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:17:36 AM EDT
[#41]

"I'm really sorry that some people took that they way they did, and that was not my intention,"

The killer is that it's apparently my fault that I took it mean something racist.

His apology wasn't that he said it, it was in how we understood it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:20:45 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I don't see what the problem is. If he wants a "chocolate city" then let him have one. That way he can't blame whitey when things go wrong.

Well fortunately, it's not up to that ass fuck Nagan to decide the racial make up of that city. I'm sure there are a number of displaced white residents that want to return back to "their" city as well.

Nagan is a DUMB FUCK, but he knows he's exempt from anything to harsh coming his way regardless of what he says.

Besides, that city could be 100% black and when things go wrong, it'll still be whiteys fault.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:27:41 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
To be fair and consistent, the Left should be demanding that Nagin do a "Lott" more than just say 'whoops, my bad'.

But that will never happen.

"It's impossible for blacks to practice racism on whites."
~ Ronald Hampton,
Director of the National Black Police Association, Washington D.C.

Yup.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:35:59 AM EDT
[#44]
"It is a strange time that we live in, that a man can be accused of telling the truth, which he will then rigorously deny."

He may be a poor example of a mayor, but far from being offended by his "chocolate city" remarks, I applaud him for communicating his real motives.  99% of other public figures would have couched their remarks in bogus "politically correct" language.  

Funny, we call the man with some honesty an idiot (or a racist), but we would give our respect to some liar.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:55:19 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Like I said, if a white mayor said "I want my city to be all white, like god intended it to be" there would be a lot more than some mild criticism going on.

It'd be on every news channel, on the front page of every news papaer and would eventually lead to that white Mayor being forced to resign.

Cool then.  How about a white Senator?  Hillary made a pretty racist comments.   Truthfully I hope Nagin doesn't resign.  He's pretty damn funny.  Fuck the double standard.  We should all be comforable enough with ourselves to hold ourselves to a higher standard.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:11:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Yeah.

Like New Yahkers don't blame other states for their gun-crimes.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:18:45 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool then.  How about a white Senator?  Hillary made a pretty racist comments.   Truthfully I hope Nagin doesn't resign.  He's pretty damn funny.  Fuck the double standard.  We should all be comforable enough with ourselves to hold ourselves to a higher standard.

Liberals are protected under the same rules as minorities regardless of their skin color because they are the ones that invented the minority double standard to begin with, it wouldn't even exist without them. It's really only straight white males that are supposed to keep their mouths shut.

She didn't really say a racist statement, but rather a retarded statement. She gets a free pass for 2 reasons, one, as mentioned above she's a liberal, and 2 because she was trying to say something negative about Republicans so that's an automatic free pass in it's self.

If you're cool with double standards, and obviously you are whatever, but I'm not.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:54:12 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
If you're cool with double standards, and obviously you are whatever, but I'm not.

I'm cool with this one because the double standard involves reserving the right to act like a tard.  I don't need to reserve that right, and when someone does, it doesn't protect them.  They aren't fooling anybody.  If they can't hold up to the higher(proper) standard, that says exactly where their character is.   If they don't see, it's one more reason why they are tards, and why we don't want to be like them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
"It is a strange time that we live in, that a man can be accused of telling the truth, which he will then rigorously deny."

He may be a poor example of a mayor, but far from being offended by his "chocolate city" remarks, I applaud him for communicating his real motives.  99% of other public figures would have couched their remarks in bogus "politically correct" language.  

Funny, we call the man with some honesty an idiot (or a racist), but we would give our respect to some liar.

Because its true makes it right?  I'll applaud him for his honesty and chastise him for his bigotry.  Net effect is still negative.  

Honestly I hope the guy stays around for a little while, perhaps runs for political office somewhere in a horrible landslide the other way.  Not only is he incredibly entertaining in a Trafficant style but he hopefully will fill the media with ignorant quotes so that I no longer have to hear reason #247  that bush is responsible for the southeast asian paperclip shortage of 1947.  He really holds no power that poses danger to anyone with modern cognitive abilities.  I'm not one to suggest running from your problems but perhaps living in NO isnt the best place for you if you're a fan of the right.   I'd never leave my country but vacating an unfriendly city isnt too far to go.  Nagan is probably the last of your worries there anyway.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top