Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/5/2005 12:21:26 PM EDT
NAGIN: I need reinforcements, I need troops, man. I need 500 buses, man. We ain't talking about -- you know, one of the briefings we had, they were talking about getting public school bus drivers to come down here and bus people out here.

I'm like, "You got to be kidding me. This is a national disaster. Get every doggone Greyhound bus line in the country and get their asses moving to New Orleans."

That's -- they're thinking small, man. And this is a major, major, major deal. And I can't emphasize it enough, man. This is crazy.

I've got 15,000 to 20,000 people over at the convention center. It's bursting at the seams. The poor people in Plaquemines Parish. ... We don't have anything, and we're sharing with our brothers in Plaquemines Parish.

It's awful down here, man.

Above quote from transcript of radio interview with Nagin

Here's half those buses fooknut....

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:25:27 PM EDT
Been discussed several times over, but yes, that's part of of the problem. Further digging will show that those very buses were a part of the evacuation plan that was never put into effect, even with a mandatory evac. Wonder who will get the blame for that?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:34:07 PM EDT

It's bursting at the seams

Yeah, right he said "bursting" which is the proper grammar. Transcript should probably say bustin'

Oh yeah--all those flooded buses are Bush's fault too. He drove every one of those buses into the flood zone.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:36:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:
Been discussed several times over, but yes, that's part of of the problem. Further digging will show that those very buses were a part of the evacuation plan that was never put into effect, even with a mandatory evac. Wonder who will get the blame for that?

Ah, but have you even heard about the existing NO school buses on the media? No one will even know!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:36:59 PM EDT
If I were Bush I would tell him to shut up before he pulls everything and everyone out.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:38:30 PM EDT
Isn't this the second time you've posted this regarding the busses?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:38:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:

Who else? BUSH OF COURSE!

It's really disgusting to see this idiot cussing on TV and talking like a street thug. Supposedly these people are supposed to be calm and level headed but as we, it's no surprise what kind of mayor got elected in a town where looters shoot at rescuers.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:42:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2005 12:42:09 PM EDT by tc6969]
Put it over here in your OTHER bus thread! http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=385776
Top Top