Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2017 12:23:57 AM EDT
That a member here successfully sued the city for and was permanently enjoined against doing again.

@schneecat I don't think he got the memo. 

Coming to a city near you.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:32:09 AM EDT
[#1]
So many links
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:33:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like all the liberals in Austin better take not that state law supersedes city ordinances. This is really going to fuck all their liberal hearts.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:45:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Paging Nolo,

are you curb stomp this POS or your underling?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:51:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Benjamin, Fuck that guy
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:54:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So many links
View Quote
It was on our local news, can't find a link. Best I can do is give you the newscast link

https://livestream.com/accounts/11327981/events/3653563
go to around 11:07 on the scrub bar. Not sure how long that link will be live.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:56:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Paging Nolo,

View Quote
Not to be rude, and with all due respect to my favorite attorney, but when the rule of law has obviously not been sufficient to constrain the illegal efforts of those in government, an attorney is unlikely to be of particular usefulness.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Not to be rude, and with all due respect to my favorite attorney, but when the rule of law has obviously not been sufficient to constrain the illegal efforts of those in government, an attorney is unlikely to be of particular usefulness.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Paging Nolo,

Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:54:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Always comes back to 1A and 2A, I wonder why {sarcasm}
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like he was refering to the ordinaces that were passed in 2015.

He just fails to mention that they were illegal and slapped down.

Link

"The mayor of Columbia, South Carolina, Stephen K. Benjamin, spoke about his city’s experiences with protestors over the removal of the Confederate flag from the South Carolina statehouse. Permits were issued for the Black Panther Party and the KKK to march and protest on the same day in 2015. At the time, the city passed ordinances to restrict the ability to carry firearms around the state capitol, and officers worked closely with both groups, which helped manage a difficult situation and reduce confrontations and violence. Thoughtful dialogue and coordinated leadership is needed now to diffuse similar situations, he said."
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:32:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Looks like he was refering to the ordinaces that were passed in 2015.

He just fails to mention that they were illegal and slapped down.

Link

"The mayor of Columbia, South Carolina, Stephen K. Benjamin, spoke about his city’s experiences with protestors over the removal of the Confederate flag from the South Carolina statehouse. Permits were issued for the Black Panther Party and the KKK to march and protest on the same day in 2015. At the time, the city passed ordinances to restrict the ability to carry firearms around the state capitol, and officers worked closely with both groups, which helped manage a difficult situation and reduce confrontations and violence. Thoughtful dialogue and coordinated leadership is needed now to diffuse similar situations, he said."
View Quote
Thanks for the link, my search is weak today.

schneecat sued them and won. Local news is driving me nuts airing the story without mentioning it.
I still have the order.

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:47:10 PM EDT
[#11]
What total BS for him to bring up the completely illegal and failed gun ban in that way.  If anyone in SC sees this on local news, please let me know so I can send them a copy of this order and set the record straight
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top