Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2010 9:09:57 PM EDT
I tried to root this thing and put the android 2.0 system on it. I have screwed the pooch on this one and it has stopped working. Can anyone help me reinstall the original 1.6 os??? It is extremely cheap tablet, but I'd like to save it if possible.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Start here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=808961&page=61

I need a LOT more info.  What did you do, what is the device doing now, can you get it into a bootloader mode, do you have an SD card to load it with, do you understand how to do that?

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey THANKS SO MUCH!!!
I tried to root it and update to 2.0 because the whole android market sucks for 1.6. I have an sd card and tired to do it this way.

Now starts up with the large android screen with the green guy on the left side and the tiled background of alternating white and green androids in the background then it goes to a screen that says
"sorry!
Process system is not responding"

And the touch screen does not work.

I'm fine with going to the old os at this point. It was a gift for my parents for Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 9:57:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Okay, first things first, read through that xdaforums link I posted (I know there are a lot of pages, and if I had the time to do it I'd flip through them and find the links you need myself, I'm just slammed with final papers I have to finish right now).  What you need to find in that thread are the details of how to get it booted into recovery or developer mode (normally some button you need to hold down while you boot it up), and you also need to find the stock 1.6 image (though it appears there are 2.1 images out there, I saw at least one link in that thread).  

Bottom line, you're going to need to get the stock image onto your sd card, probably in a file called update.zip, and then get the tablet into recovery mode (it sounds like it's booting past that mode right now, which likely means that whatever ROM you tried to install is either corrupt or simply doesn't work on that device), and then push whatever sequence of keys are required to get it to load the file on your sd card into the tablet.  It's different for every device, but I suspect that process is documented in that thread somewhere.

The good thing is that you *haven't* broken it, you just need to reload the OS.  

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 10:40:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Brother!!!

You saved my butt! That was what I was needing! It's fixed now and has a new look to it. I've wasted my entire night since 5:00 working on this thing!!!! Thanks so much for the link. Keep me on your list if you ever need anything. I owe you!
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 10:51:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Thanks Brother!!!

You saved my butt! That was what I was needing! It's fixed now and has a new look to it. I've wasted my entire night since 5:00 working on this thing!!!! Thanks so much for the link. Keep me on your list if you ever need anything. I owe you!

No worries, glad I could help!  I've been there –– I know what it's like to hunt for hours and hours looking for a way to fix something.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top