Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/8/2013 4:49:36 PM EDT
Enjoying one post dinner, (steak/potato/broccoli with garlic butter and blue cheese,)with a bourbon chaser. The weather is FINALLY starting to warm up to the point where sitting on my deck under the night sky with a cigar is an enjoyable experiance. What are you enjoying tonight?

Link Posted: 3/8/2013 4:58:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 5:18:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By elderboy02:
Those triple maduros are

Yepper!!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 5:18:49 PM EDT
Triple maduros sure are
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 6:07:27 PM EDT
Ok so it not the Bourbon talking.....
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 9:33:18 PM EDT
+1, Camacho Triple Maduro is greatness...
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 3:26:55 AM EDT
Originally Posted By YELLOWV:
Triple maduros sure are

Agreed!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 8:12:47 AM EDT
havent had one of these for awile & oddly enough i am out.

need a box of the 11/18 size
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 8:29:55 AM EDT
Originally Posted By FRIGID:

Wow, what is the world coming to????

FRIGID out of Camachos....

Whoa....

Didn't see that coming!
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 8:57:33 AM EDT
good flavor but too strong, they add Pennsylvania tobacco to punch it up IIRC
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 1:47:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By EchoAngel17:
Originally Posted By FRIGID:

Wow, what is the world coming to????

FRIGID out of Camachos....

Whoa....

Just the maduros. You got a box you want to donate to poor ole frigid I'm cool with that.

Didn't see that coming!

Link Posted: 3/9/2013 4:03:44 PM EDT
what Bourbon are you drinking i posted a few months back when i had my first trip was drinking Booker's 130 proof
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 4:18:50 PM EDT
I had a Illusione MJ12 Maduro earlier. No bourbon though.
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 5:00:16 PM EDT
i decided to light up a 6/60 rootbeer for the drink i have my kids tonight
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 7:19:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By specter_actual:
what Bourbon are you drinking i posted a few months back when i had my first trip was drinking Booker's 130 proof

Sorry for the late response, Four Roses, nothing too special.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 5:55:43 AM EDT
Smoked one last night because of this thread.

They are on the edge of strength I can stand so I tend to get the smaller size 4.5X50 the 6x60 is a little much.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:06:17 AM EDT
Originally Posted By jmarkma:
Smoked one last night because of this thread.

They are on the edge of strength I can stand so I tend to get the smaller size 4.5X50 the 6x60 is a little much.

Granted, I like a fuller cigar but they defiantly pack a punch. My favorite Camacho is still the Liberty line but the triples are close.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 3:27:29 PM EDT
i have about 18 of the liberty 2012 left
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 9:43:05 PM EDT
The Triple Maduros are some of my favorites also! I have six (6x54 Torpedoes) of them in my humi waiting for me to find a little spare time for them.
Link Posted: 3/13/2013 9:55:22 AM EDT
Try one with Highland Park 18yr
Link Posted: 3/13/2013 10:07:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DWFAN:
Try one with Highland Park 18yr

Hummm, haven't has Highland Park
Link Posted: 3/13/2013 10:09:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By specter_actual:
i have about 18 of the liberty 2012 left

I still have a few '05's and almost a whole box of '10's. I didn't get the '12's, not sure I want any after the Eiroa's left.
Link Posted: 3/13/2013 11:19:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/13/2013 11:20:54 AM EDT by htusa]
Well with Frigids hooves what can you expect.. LOL

And yet again damn you Humidor!!! My wallet hates you.

Oh wait I have one that I have not tried. Still need to get a few more.
Link Posted: 3/13/2013 2:34:53 PM EDT
I haven't tried Highland Park 18 yet. I know they are delicious w/ Coal Ila 12 or Bowmore 12. The marriage of the full flavor of the TM w/ a smoky Scotch are mouth watering.
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 9:47:17 AM EDT
Since we have a bourbon conversation going on now.......I just won a bourbon lottery where I got to purchase a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 15 Years..

Heard great things about it and can't wait to try it with a fine cigar.....maybe one of those fakes I have will go well with it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 2:10:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By srob7001:
Since we have a bourbon conversation going on now.......I just won a bourbon lottery where I got to purchase a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 15 Years..

Heard great things about it and can't wait to try it with a fine cigar.....maybe one of those fakes I have will go well with it.

Nice score, how much? I've never had the Pappy but I wonder if it truly is worth the cost?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 2:32:05 PM EDT
cheers
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 10:03:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ATLDiver:

Nice score, how much? I've never had the Pappy but I wonder if it truly is worth the cost?

$80.00 for a 750ml bottle......it's gonna be one of those 1 drink a year kind of bourbons. I'll let you know how I feel about it once it gets to me.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:09:13 AM EDT
All I can say is Holy Crap. I had one of the triple maduros on Friday. I picked it up at the B&M because of this thread. It was a really good cigar, but it really made me feel woozy. I had dinner before hand, so I didn't have it on an empty stomach. Not sure I'd spend the money on another with that kind of a "reaction". My normal smoke is Perdomo Champagne series Churchill.

I'd really like to get a bottle of Pappy's, but they're more scarce then hen's teeth around here.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:11:43 AM EDT
Originally Posted By jsteih:
All I can say is Holy Crap. I had one of the triple maduros on Friday. I picked it up at the B&M because of this thread. It was a really good cigar, but it really made me feel woozy. I had dinner before hand, so I didn't have it on an empty stomach. Not sure I'd spend the money on another with that kind of a "reaction". My normal smoke is Perdomo Champagne series Churchill.

I'd really like to get a bottle of Pappy's, but they're more scarce then hen's teeth around here.

The Triple Maddy is far more potent than your Perdomo Chamapgne series for sure.

I'm a full bodied cigar slut, so it's right in my wheelhouse

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:18:49 AM EDT
Me and the G/F each just bought a Triple Maduro this weekend....smells delicious, can't wait to try it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:27:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/18/2013 6:27:27 AM EDT by jsteih]

The Triple Maddy is far more potent than your Perdomo Chamapgne series for sure.

Well, I like a good full bodied cigar once in a while too. I just never had one throw me for a loop like that!

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:03:21 PM EDT

$80.00 for a 750ml bottle......it's gonna be one of those 1 drink a year kind of bourbons. I'll let you know how I feel about it once it gets to me.

Let me know, I'd pop that *if* could find one but I'm not going out of my way for it. Let me know...
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:06:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/18/2013 7:06:50 PM EDT by ATLDiver]

Same here, I smoke milder (Med-full) stuff mostly but love a good strong punch and the Triple's deliver (full+.) I can see where you were overwhelmed, still once you taste the dark side forever will it be your destiny.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 3:49:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/19/2013 3:50:09 AM EDT by jsteih]

Same here, I smoke milder (Med-full) stuff mostly but love a good strong punch and the Triple's deliver (full+.) I can see where you were overwhelmed, still once you taste the dark side forever will it be your destiny.

OK, "Echo"...
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 10:10:54 AM EDT

OK, "Echo"...

Rofl....
Top Top