Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2004 8:05:20 PM EDT
but i thought this was kind of funny.

Man smokes crack as car sinks

Fri Aug 27, 5:17 PM ET  Add Crimes and Trials - Court TV to My Yahoo!

By Tinuola Awopetu, Court TV

(Court TV) — The threat of drowning had no bearing on Yaysn Abdul-Mattin and his alleged efforts to smoke his crack pipe.

According to a police report, highway patrol officers in Suffolk County, N.Y., spotted the 32-year-old man driving erratically at 12:16 a.m., Aug. 13. A chase ensued when Abdul-Mattin refused to stop.

The chase ended when Abdul-Mattin drove into a private driveway, went through the backyard and plunged his car into a pond. Then things got bizarre.

Although his car was sinking, Abdul-Mattin remained inside the vehicle and attempted to light his crack pipe, police say. He also ignored the officers who commanded him to exit the vehicle.

The car was almost completely submerged before Abdul-Mattin decided to budge. He crawled out through the rear window that an officer had broken.

He was arrested and charged with driving while impaired and released without bail.

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:07:29 PM EDT
[#1]
The responding officers should have let him drown.

Drug abuse is a self-correcting problem and these officers interrupted the process.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:14:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Originally Quoted by Sierra_Hombre:
Maybe I'm on crack...

That would explain a lot...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top