Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2011 6:30:02 AM EDT
I have been looking on and off for a new to me pickup.  Found what I have been looking for pop up on craigslist.  A mid 90's F-250 4x4, 150k on the clock, straight body and clean title for a reasonable price.

Hopefully, I can get away from work during lunch to go check it out.

Damn used pickups out here go for a premium, so finding anything reasonably priced is tough.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:30:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:31:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Diesel?

Yep.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:32:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:42:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have been looking on and off for a new to me pickup.  Found what I have been looking for pop up on craigslist.  A mid 90's F-250 4x4, 150k on the clock, straight body and clean title for a reasonable price.

Damn used pickups out here go for a premium, so finding anything reasonably priced is tough.

No such thing around here as a good used diesel.  They all have either been drug around the oil patch or have pulled a horse trailer 300,00 miles.
Great find, don't let it go.. Don't you wish it had a Cummins in it though?
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:48:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

If it really is a reasonable price, buy.

Trying to contact the seller now.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:49:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No such thing around here as a good used diesel.  They all have either been drug around the oil patch or have pulled a horse trailer 300,00 miles.

Great find, don't let it go.. Don't you wish it had a Cummins in it though?

Not really.  I like the Ford 7.3 liter.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 7:44:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Just got in touch with the seller.  Damn it, his wife was wrong, it's not a diesel.  5.8 liter, auto trans, needs a brake booster and two tires.  I can live with a gas engine as I don't do a lot of towing.

He can't meet at lunch today, so hopefully it will still be available tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 8:05:17 AM EDT
[#8]
You want that 7.3L.   I bought this 1991 about a year ago.  Just passed 250K.  I put 39K on her since purchasing for $2600.  Other than new tires and changing all my filters and oil as required, no issues.  I love this truck.  Best work truck I've owned for the money invested.

I do wish it was a 4x4.  My search continues for a second super truck.

If you get a manual transmission, make sure the pedal assembly is intact.  
There was an issue with the whole thing cracking which will lead to problems engaging the clutch.

International can build one hell of an engine.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 8:09:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 9:29:22 AM EDT
[#10]
No go on the truck.  Needs a brake booster and a water pump.  Seller won't budge on the price to offset the cost of replacing these.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 11:42:14 AM EDT
[#11]
There out there.  Just keep lookin and I'm sure you'll find one that suits your needs and price.

Check out this diesel forum.  They have a classified section.  Thedieselstop.com
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 11:44:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I cant figure you out....first you get all excited about a fucking toyota, now you want a 9th gen F250 with 7.3powerstroke = one of the greatest pickups of all time?

Pick a side and stick to it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I cant figure you out....first you get all excited about a fucking toyota, now you want a 9th gen F250 with 7.3powerstroke = one of the greatest pickups of all time?

Pick a side and stick to it.

I like to keep my options open.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top