Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/15/2003 6:51:36 PM EDT
And the newest trend to hit the block:

[url=http://cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/cuyahoga/1055583495271973.xml]The Cleveland Plain Dealer[/url]

18 kids are charged with racially motivated beating of teenage girl

06/14/03

Brian E. Albrecht
Plain Dealer Reporter

A May Day ritual described as "beat up a white kid" resulted in delinquency charges of feloni ous assault, ethnic intimidation and aggravated riot filed Thursday in Cuyahoga County Juvenile Court against 18 black and Hispanic youths from Cleveland.

Twelve girls and six boys, ages 9 through 15, are accused of beating, kicking and choking a 13-year-old white girl at West 110th Street and Almira Avenue near Wilbur Wright Middle School on May 1.

The victim was a student at Wilbur Wright, as were five of her assailants. Each of the at tackers received a 10-day suspension, a Cleveland school official said.

Carmen Naso, supervisor of the juvenile justice unit of the county prosecutor's office, said evidence indicates that the victim was attacked because of her race, hence the ethnic-intimidation charge. The attack was apparently some sort of May Day ritual, he said, with the "focus to beat up a white kid."

Naso said the girl has black outs as a result of the beating and remains under medical care.

He said police responded after getting a call that there might be a racial incident. Police arrived as the attack was under way.

The felonious assault charge is a second-degree felony, punishable by a minimum of one year in a juvenile facility. Ethnic intimidation and aggravated riot are fourth-degree felonies, each carrying a minimum six- month sentence.

Naso expects that the defendants will have a hearing within two to four weeks.

To reach this Plain Dealer reporter:

[email protected], 216-999-4853
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, where's the hate crime charges?
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:57:08 PM EDT
[#2]
It's because they are underprivileged and oppressed.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

Exactly, if the assaulters were white kids attacking a minority student, they would probably have been expelled.

But, I guess that's equality for ya.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:58:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can't ask for it all at once I guess. I have to admit, I'm still shocked as hell they admitted it was racially motivated. I was expecting another report with some mealy-mouthed PC 'we see no indications this attack was racially motivated' crap.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:01:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Let me see if I understand this.....

white victim and minority attackers= "ethnic intimidation"

minority victim and white attackers ='ol fashion, racist, hate-crime

I wonder if ethnic intimidation and hate crime carry the same punishment, because the sure don't carry the same verbal stigma.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:06:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly, if the assaulters were white kids attacking a minority student, they would probably have been expelled.

View Quote

Yep. And it would have made international prime-time news. It would have been trumpeted by everybody from NPR to the BBC to Pravda as an example of the sick, festering, inchoate hate lingering in white middle America towards minorities. But this story does not fit their vision of what America is supposed to be: a hell-hole for minorities, who are forever being downtrodden and beaten (literally) by the "white power structure". Well, it's not perfect, but if it's so bad, how come so many minorities are streaming in here?

I would bet the barn this does not make it out of Ohio, except as a page 24 article in back of the notices of deeds and foreclosures in the real estate section. And then the attack will somehow be excused by mob psychosis/black rage a la "Football" Williams and Reginald Denny...We'll probably all notice the article only when we use the paper to line a birdcage or something.... [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:15:58 PM EDT
[#7]
If this was a black kid, Jesse would have been stepping off a jet an hour after cops showed up at the fight. This shit pisses me off. I'll stop there. It's gotta go both ways. Hit em with hate crime all the way.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:23:28 PM EDT
[#8]
These poverty-stricken children wouldn't have acted out in this fashion if they'd been given a chance to receive a proper education in our inherently prejudiced public school system.

Or maybe it was just the Zionists that made 'em do it.

cynic
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:26:24 PM EDT
[#9]
sickening
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:34:13 PM EDT
[#10]
in texas we call it June teenth.

if your white you don't' go to Galveston the weekend of the 14th because it's texas emancipation day.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:53:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Y'all in the cities ain't seen nuthin' yet.... Get set 'ta sweat...
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:42:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I want to see a "HATE CRIME" charge brought on this, and I want to see some prosecutor have the BALLS to passionately pursue it!

I am suprised that the press reported it at all since the victum was WHITE. I don't have to remind you how this is usually done.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:52:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

[url=http://cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/cuyahoga/1055583495271973.xml]The Cleveland Plain Dealer[/url]

06/14/03

Brian E. Albrecht
Plain Dealer Reporter

A May Day ritual described as "beat up a white kid" resulted in delinquency charges of feloni ous assault, ethnic intimidation and aggravated riot filed Thursday in Cuyahoga County Juvenile Court against 18 black and Hispanic youths from Cleveland.

Twelve girls and six boys, ages 9 through 15, are accused of beating, kicking and choking a 13-year-old white girl at West 110th Street and Almira Avenue near Wilbur Wright Middle School on May 1.

The victim was a student at Wilbur Wright, as were five of her assailants. Each of the at tackers received a 10-day suspension, a Cleveland school official said.

Carmen Naso, supervisor of the juvenile justice unit of the county prosecutor's office, said evidence indicates that the victim was attacked because of her race, hence the ethnic-intimidation charge. The attack was apparently some sort of May Day ritual, he said, with the "focus to beat up a white kid."

Naso said the girl has black outs as a result of the beating and remains under medical care.

He said police responded after getting a call that there might be a racial incident. Police arrived as the attack was under way.

The felonious assault charge is a second-degree felony, punishable by a minimum of one year in a juvenile facility. Ethnic intimidation and aggravated riot are fourth-degree felonies, each carrying a minimum six- month sentence.

View Quote

View Quote

sounds like hawaii, wasnt  always sunny days when youre a white kid living in a state which was recently stripped of their monarchy
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:53:31 AM EDT
[#14]
did everyone miss "choking"

forget hate crime, what about attempted manslaughter
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:00:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly, if the assaulters were white kids attacking a minority student, they would [blue]probably[/blue] have been expelled.

View Quote

Probably?

There is no chance in hell that everyone of the kids, had they been white, would not have been expelled.

They would [b]probably[/b] never be allowed to return to that school district, or possibly public school for the rest of their lives.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:32:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Y'all in the cities ain't seen nuthin' yet.... Get set 'ta sweat...
View Quote

Anyone remember the Wichita massacre?  The Cinncinnati riots?  More of the same - racially motivated crimes where the victims just didn't fit the profile, so the media kept its collective mouth shut....
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:41:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Another fine reason to live in the City of Cleveland, and send your children to the fine City of Cleveland school district.  

And, once again, the racial double standard.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:42:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Take them and their parents out at sunrise and execute them in the courthouse square.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:13:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Before you all start crying "bias!  Where's the hate crime?!?!"  Many of the kids were charged with "ethnic intimidation" sounds like a hate crime to me.

Furthermore, the oldest of the assailants was 15 years old.  Their age may have something else to do with it.

And finally, proportionately speaking, blacks are charged with hate crimes much more frequently than whites.  I don't understand why everyone seems to want to be an effective of an oppressed race.  Now even the white people are saying, "Waaah!  What about hate crimes?!?" [>(]

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:16:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And finally, proportionately speaking, blacks are charged with hate crimes much more frequently than whites.  -Nick Viejo.
View Quote

Source?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:42:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Sounds likes maths to me.

Real numbers more whites charged ( I assume ), small population of black people (or whoever) = greater proportion.

What I'd really like to see (apart from the book being thrown at these kids), is the numbers for all groups.

Do we have a source? My bet is your ethnic asian groups dont show up at all..?

Phil
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:47:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And finally, proportionately speaking, blacks are charged with hate crimes much more frequently than whites.  -Nick Viejo.
View Quote

Source?
View Quote

[url]http://www.lp.org/press/archive.php?function=view&record=12[/url]

It's about 3 years old.  I'd be surprised if the trends changed that much, though.

According to data from a National Crime Victimization Survey, published by the U.S. Department of Justice, only 2,336 whites were charged with anti-black "hate" crimes in 1997, while 718 blacks were charged with anti-white crimes.

Adjusting for the fact that blacks make up just 13% of the population, they were statistically twice as likely as whites to face prosecution for hate crimes.
View Quote

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:02:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Appreciate the source, Nick.

This is quite a revalation:

Adjusting for the fact that blacks make up just 13% of the population, they were statistically twice as likely as whites to face prosecution for hate crimes.
View Quote

Does anyone believe that the media has picked up on this?  A statiscal analysis of media reports on race-based crimes would be quite interesting.  In otherwords, an analysis of the number of reports of racially motivated crimes with the race of the victim being the variable of interest.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:09:08 AM EDT
[#24]
[url]http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/hatecrimes980611.html[/url]

This report puts the figure at 15%, pretty much the percent of population.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:11:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Now even the white people are saying, "Waaah!  What about hate crimes?!?" [>(]

-Nick Viejo.
View Quote

No Nick.  The white people are saying "If yer gonna have these stupid laws, prosecute equally, and if your gonna report on them, report equally."

Scott
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:15:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
i cant wait for an all out race war!!
View Quote

Why would you want that?

And who do you want to win?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:26:37 AM EDT
[#27]
[b]i cant wait for an all out race war!![/b]

you might want to rethink posting thoughts such as this in public.

may i inquire as to your age?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:33:33 AM EDT
[#28]
I have tried to raise my kids to be racially neutral.

It's hard when you see the same group turning up disproportionately on the evening news day after day.  I still try to take each person as an individual, but when I see a group that fits the profile of trouble makers I'm making sure my holster is ready.

Profiling?  Sure.  Practical?  Absolutely.

What a mess has been made by the liberals, welfare system, and "civil rights" groups that survive on agitation.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:53:55 AM EDT
[#29]
If you think this is something new, you've got another think coming.
I went to middle school in the late '80's, and on marting luther king's actual birthday (not the observed holliday) the blacks would go around beating up the whites, or at least trying.  Funny thing when you crack one in the head with a stick in the 6th grade, they tend to leave you alone.  This was a direct result of bussing in the kids from the projects.
When I got older, and was very racist, and people would ask me why, and tell me I was wrong, I'd ask them how many times they had to fight off an attack from a group of blacks trying to kick their ass for no reason other than them being white.  In fact, my elementary school was bussed as well, and I spent the first 9 years of my life (k-8) fighting off attacks for no other reason than I was white.  It wasn't until middle school that they organized a specific day.
I was at my neighbor's house the other day, and a 12 year old told me that no white kids go to her school on the last day of classes because it's common knowledge that they will get beat up if they do.  One of the other kids showed me a knot on her head given her by three black boys that attacked her.
When these kids become racist later in life, people are going to ask why.  Me, I've been there, I will know why.  I've spent the last 6 or so years of my life trying my damndest not to judge people by their race, but after spending the formative years of my life being attacked on a weekly basis due to my race, it's pretty damn hard.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:09:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Isn't counseling available for this child?  She needs to understand it's all her fault because she is white.  And please don't blow this crime out of proportion, after all there were only (thirteen) attackers involved.

Also apologists, can you please enlighten as to why this is not a hate crime and should be understood in a different light than if the victim had been a minority.

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:09:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Norman: I understand what you're saying.  It's hard to avoid those feelings when you see it day after day.  There's a certain tension produced by the conflict between how we're "supposed to" think/feel about something and what our experience & observation tell us about it.

I am determined to continue my goal of regarding each person as an individual, but some folks seem equally determined to make it a challenge.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:16:21 AM EDT
[#32]
I actually grew up in the exact opposite situation from Norman74. I went to my best friend's birthday party when I was 7 and was the only white kid there. I didn't realize it until 10 years later when I ran into him again. I definitely used to be "white guilt". But the real world beat that out of me. This situation is exactly like a man that is pussy whipped. If you keep saying you're sorry all the time, and bend over backwards, there's no other choice but to walk all over you. Time to hold people accountable for their actions. Hillbilly's in Apalachia got it bad too damnit. When Jesse Jackson is considered a great leader and Colin Powell a traitor, you got some fucked up priorities goin on in your community.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:19:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Also apologists, can you please enlighten as to why this is not a hate crime and should be understood in a different light than if the victim had been a minority.
View Quote

The question is, do you sink to their level and demand protection under an unjust law, or do you take the moral high-road and refuse to take part in the corruption of our legal system?
I don't think it's a matter of "apologists", but people choosing the latter.
If you had the opportunity to sue someone, and you knew you could probably get a settlement out of them, would you do it just because you could?  Regardless of whether you're right or not, and just because you can take advantage of a corrupt system?
Hate crime laws should not be on the books.  If whites start using them as well, then we'll never get rid of the laws.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:21:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Hate crime laws add punishment for the thoughts the perp had when committing the crime.  Thus, they are thought crimes.

THOUGHT CRIMES.  Think about that, while its still legal to do so.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:32:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:44:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:44:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If you think this is something new, you've got another think coming.
I went to middle school in the late '80's, and on marting luther king's actual birthday (not the observed holliday) the blacks would go around beating up the whites, or at least trying.  Funny thing when you crack one in the head with a stick in the 6th grade, they tend to leave you alone.  This was a direct result of bussing in the kids from the projects.
When I got older, and was very racist, and people would ask me why, and tell me I was wrong, I'd ask them how many times they had to fight off an attack from a group of blacks trying to kick their ass for no reason other than them being white.  In fact, my elementary school was bussed as well, and I spent the first 9 years of my life (k-8) fighting off attacks for no other reason than I was white.  It wasn't until middle school that they organized a specific day.
I was at my neighbor's house the other day, and a 12 year old told me that no white kids go to her school on the last day of classes because it's common knowledge that they will get beat up if they do.  One of the other kids showed me a knot on her head given her by three black boys that attacked her.
When these kids become racist later in life, people are going to ask why.  Me, I've been there, I will know why.  I've spent the last 6 or so years of my life trying my damndest not to judge people by their race, but after spending the formative years of my life being attacked on a weekly basis due to my race, it's pretty damn hard.
View Quote

Norman, I was out of school by the mid-60's, having been raised in the North east. The darkest person I ever saw in any of my schools was a Polock, (polish).

I never really thought about what it was like for those who were bussed, or had students bussed in. In some case's, it must have been like a war zone..

If I was deliberately trying to pit the race's against each other, I could not think of a better way to do it!

I wonder how many racists have been manufactured using this process??
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:13:37 AM EDT
[#38]
norman74 I agree, but until the law is dropped it should not be arbitrary on how it is applied.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:18:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I wonder how many racists have been manufactured using this process??
View Quote

I know of hundreds personally...
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:34:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The darkest person I ever saw in any of my schools was a Polock, (polish).
View Quote

Things have gotten pretty bad when you have to explain what a Polock is!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#41]
whether the attackers are black or white they should be put down. the children that did this will grow up to be worse criminals than they are now, put them down before they kill someone.
If you have a dog that keeps eating your chickens and wont stop what do you do? put him down, these kids will get a slap on the wrist and do it again because it caused them almost no pain.
the prisons are full of these people, black, white, hispanc, any triple offender of violent attacks should be put to sleep. i promise you that there wont be as many offenders walking the streets. all these bastards we have locked up in the prisons today are livin off our tax dollars that could be spent on better schools and other community programs. some are in for 10 years or 20 years, they come out worse than when they went in, kill them all and move on.

It doesnt matter to me if they come from the white trash trailer parks or the black ghetto, they need to be dealt with and takin out of this world. there are good people that come out of both that will live a good peaceful life without beating people because their race or country of origin.

I have my nomex undies on so flame away if you want!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:58:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Before you all start crying "bias!  Where's the hate crime?!?!"  Many of the kids were charged with "ethnic intimidation" sounds like a hate crime to me.

Furthermore, the oldest of the assailants was 15 years old.  Their age may have something else to do with it.

[blue]And finally, proportionately speaking, blacks are charged with hate crimes much more frequently than whites.  I don't understand why everyone seems to want to be an effective of an oppressed race.  Now even the white people are saying, "Waaah!  What about hate crimes?!?" [/blue][>(]

-Nick Viejo.
View Quote

[>/:]

"Total" hate crime victims as according to the FBI-UCR 2001:
[url]http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/ucr.htm[/url]

Anti-white: 1,034
Anti-black: 3,529

Race of hate crime offenders:

White: 2,616
Black: 663

=============================

Census Bureau 2000 Census

[url]http://www.census.gov/population/cen2000/phc-t1/tab01.pdf[/url]

US population

White: 75.1%
Black: 12.3%

=======================

There are 6.1 times as many whites as blacks in the USA according to the census. (75.1%/12.3%=6.1057)

Whites are charged with 3.9 times as many hate crimes as blacks. (2616/663=3.946)

So blacks get charged with hate crimes with 156% the frequency that whites do.

============================

The statistics may say that blacks are charged more frequently with hate crimes, but what does that prove? Is it not possible that blacks commit more hate crimes? Or should we let these kids go because we already charged enough blacks with hate crimes this month?

I think what everyone is saying is why is this not bringing a national outrage. Say what you want about statistics and percentages but if 18 white kids beat up a black kid in "beat up blacky day" the suspensions would be higher than 10 days, there would be more media attention, and "hate crime" would be in the report title, not "racially motivated".

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:23:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:31:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Wow, a 10 day suspension for what would be called a "hate crime" had it happened to anyone other than a white person.

Gotta love that new PC bullshit term "ethnic intimidation." Is taht a Jim Crow ruling for white people or what?

I can guarantee you if 18 white kids went out on "Beat up a nigger day" they would be charged with a federal hate crime, in addition to felony assualt, probably charged as adults and would get a hell of a lot more than a 10 day suspension.

Can I assume Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton will be showing up to protest this racial outrage formally before the media? Oh wait, I forgot she's white.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:39:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I can guarantee you if 18 white kids went out on "Beat up a nigger day" they would be charged with a federal hate crime, in addition to felony assualt, probably charged as adults and would get a hell of a lot more than a 10 day suspension.
View Quote

.......As well as the local Black Panther party and all the cousindaddymomma's of the black victim would threaten to burn the city down!

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
norman74 I agree, but until the law is dropped it should not be arbitrary on how it is applied.
View Quote

ditto

PC double standard in action

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
in texas we call it June teenth.

if your white you don't' go to Galveston the weekend of the 14th because it's texas emancipation day.  
View Quote

I usually recommend avoiding Martin Luther King Blvd  for that week for anyone with fair skin.  [chair]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:27:51 PM EDT
[#48]
I usually avoid Martin Luther King Blvd/Street/Drive/Ave? etc. in any town, at all times.

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:44:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:01:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

06/14/03

Brian E. Albrecht
Plain Dealer Reporter

View Quote

View Quote

sounds like hawaii, wasnt  always sunny days when youre a white kid living in a state which was recently stripped of their monarchy
View Quote

Yes, indeed it does.  The official term here being [b]Kill Haole Day[/b].  (haole being the equivalent of honkey)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top