Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 1/18/2015 6:39:01 PM EST
In 2007 when the Packers lost to the New York Giants in the NFC Championship game, I was legitimately depressed for about a week. Now, the Packers have lost just as heartbreaking of a game and I'm already over it. Maturity rules!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:40:31 PM EST
Packers were given a gift to be there in the first place, although I was still rooting for them.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:49:08 PM EST
you are finally old enough to realize that football sucks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:56:39 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/18/2015 7:00:02 PM EST by TescoVee]
I'm to the point where I don't even care about football. I was born in Green Bay but don't see any reason to emotionally entangle myself with what is essentially a brand that has no members who were from the area.

ETA: I am glad that for some reason my company gives us tomorrow off. There is usually a lot of butthurt after games like this as my workplace harbors a significant number of lions fans.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:12:56 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TescoVee:
I'm to the point where I don't even care about football. I was born in Green Bay but don't see any reason to emotionally entangle myself with what is essentially a brand that has no members who were from the area.

ETA: I am glad that for some reason my company gives us tomorrow off. There is usually a lot of butthurt after games like this as my workplace harbors a significant number of lions fans.
View Quote

Born in GB as well, used to take these kind of losses really rough.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:14:17 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/18/2015 7:14:27 PM EST by xviperx420]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By OverScoped:
you are finally old enough to realize that football sports in general suck.
View Quote

fify
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:14:47 PM EST
What's this maturity you speak of?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:15:58 PM EST
Originally Posted By WI_Rifleman:
In 2007 when the Packers lost to the New York Giants in the NFC Championship game, I was legitimately depressed for about a week. Now, the Packers have lost just as heartbreaking of a game and I'm already over it. Maturity rules!
View Quote

I got over football at about 38 years old.

I still love the game. I'm just not so passionate about it anymore.
Top Top