Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2001 5:43:27 AM EDT
Picked up some green tips today and I'm gonna head to the range and test out the truth of thier advertising claim(of course proper saftey precautions and all, Ill be hitting it at about 30yds) Wish me luck, report later tonight!
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 6:04:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I shot some master locks back in the 1980's.
If you hit them in the center, it looks like the commercial.
If you hit them to the side, they will open.
I shot a combination lock with my .357 magnum,  blew it to hell & gone.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 6:29:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Whoever created
that ad campaign is a marketing genius!!!

Link Posted: 7/21/2001 6:34:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Weatherby had a cool ad a while back showing its rifles and cartridges blowing locks apart with the line, "Should have used a Weatherby!"

I have blown up several locks with a .223, just regular 55 grain jacketed.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 9:03:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 1:00:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Holes, 2 of them, clean through. Still locked. I'm impressed. I'd try to unlock it but there is nowhere to put the key. I'll post pictures if somebody tells me how.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 7:06:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I went to buy 2 Master padlocks today and discovered that they were made in fricken China, so if you do own any of them shoot the hell out of them. Needless to say, I DIDN'T BUY ANY.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 9:05:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Made in China or not, the point is they work.  Their weakness is cutting them with one of those 3 ft long pipe-cutter-thingy's.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 3:04:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Got to know a locksmith years ago and he showed me a big hardened shackle that only had 2 dents on the sides that were put there by large bolt cutters---he said that was about all they would do to a hardened shackle--he then showed me one that was cut clean through--said it was done by one of those diamond or carbide coated wire looking sort of things that you can put in a hacksaw......Dick
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 3:40:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Got to know a locksmith years ago and he showed me a big hardened shackle that only had 2 dents on the sides that were put there by large bolt cutters---he said that was about all they would do to a hardened shackle--he then showed me one that was cut clean through--said it was done by one of those diamond or carbide coated wire looking sort of things that you can put in a hacksaw......Dick
View Quote

Freeze the shackle with an aero duster can, held upside down, and then whack it with a hammer. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:05:56 PM EDT
[#10]
They might be tough, but I have found that Master locks are the EASIEST to pick, sometimes just 3 seconds.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 11:35:38 PM EDT
[#11]
as far as padlock security, two words: Dremel Tool
three more words: Carbide Cutting Disc

Works wonders on MasterLock, and Best...haven't had to use one on any others......yet.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 4:21:25 AM EDT
[#12]
My boss helped some guys test the Masterlock claim back in the late 1970s.  They only brought along .22s, .30-30s and 12 gauges, he supplied the .30-06, the M14 and the Gyrojet (he had been plinking at the range when they showed up).  The last one was the most impressive, it took about 10 shots to hit it, but when it did, that sucker exploded.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 8:45:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My boss helped some guys test the Masterlock claim back in the late 1970s.  They only brought along .22s, .30-30s and 12 gauges, he supplied the .30-06, the M14 and the Gyrojet (he had been plinking at the range when they showed up).  The last one was the most impressive, it took about 10 shots to hit it, but when it did, that sucker exploded.

Kharn
View Quote
just be glad u dint waste all that gyrojet ammo today. be about 500 bucks on the cheap side
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top