Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 12:36:38 PM EDT
Police Fatally Shoot Massachusetts Driver In Defense
The Associated Press

Police shot and killed a 16-year-old boy early Tuesday after he drove a car at them while fleeing the scene of a possible burglary attempt, authorities said.

The two officers opened fire, killing Anthony McGrath, following a high-speed chase that started at a liquor store in Plymouth.

"My son got a death sentence," the boy's mother, Denise McGrath, told reporters. "I want to know who killed my son for no reason at all."

The two officers, whose names were not released, were placed on paid administrative leave. The Plymouth district attorney's office is investigating, police Capt. Michael Botieri said.

The alarm at Richard's Wine and Spirits sounded around 3:20 a.m., and as an officer arrived, he saw a vehicle leaving the area, Botieri said. The officer followed with his lights flashing and was joined by another cruiser, he said.

The driver, McGrath, eventually lost control and hit a wall, Botieri said. The officers ordered him out of the car, but he instead backed into one of the cruisers, then accelerated forward, hitting a utility pole and driving toward the two officers, according to Botieri.

The police opened fire, killing McGrath, who was alone in the car.

"It's a tragedy when something like this happens," Botieri said.

The owner of the liquor store, Steve Berg, said a glass door was cracked. "It looked like somebody struck the door with a rock," he told The Patriot Ledger of Quincy.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh, well. His life of crime ended early.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:39:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Title should read "Police Defend themselves accordinly from dangerous vehicle"
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Oh, well. His life of crime ended early.

+1
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:41:28 PM EDT
[#4]

. "I want to know who killed my son for no reason at all."

You have got to be shitting me.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#5]

"My son got a death sentence," the boy's mother, Denise McGrath, told reporters. "I want to know who killed my son for no reason at all."

Sounds like a good shoot.  16 or not, they ain't going to card him before he tries to run them over to see if it okay to shoot.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn. I came into this thread ready to take cheap shots at JBTs and bash them at will. I'm thoroughly disappointed to read the little dead punk deserved it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:43:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep JR did NOTHING, RIIIIIIIIIGHT. Momma gots ta get a brain to get a clue. I don't have a problem with it at all, sounds like a good shoot.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:43:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Got no problem with this...tell the mom if she would've raised said scumbag right, he wouldn't have been shot.

Case closed, no more boom boom for that baby-san....
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:43:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Shouldn't have brought that car to a gunfight.

He lost.

Good guys won.

That's all that matters.

HH
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#10]

No bitch, your son tried to give an innocent man a death sentence.  For some unknown reason he decided to go home to his family instead.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:44:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Ma'am, why was your son out at 0330?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:47:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like some good shooting to me.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#13]
charge the family for the bullets
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:54:58 PM EDT
[#14]
"My baby didn't hurt nobody !"
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:00:14 PM EDT
[#15]
TS - good shoot.    Little fracker deserved it, from the report
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:05:10 PM EDT
[#16]
"He was a good old boy, wouldn't do NOONE no harm!"

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:10:22 PM EDT
[#17]
When the police do anything to anyone 17 or under, they always seem to get the "little angels" that would never hurt anyone.

Coincidence? Yeah right.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
When the police do anything to anyone 17 or under, they always seem to get the "little angels" that would never hurt anyone.

Coincidence? Yeah right.

Worse.  whenever they are under 20 years old the media calls them a "teen."  Can be a 19yo parolee on a robbery spree and its a "teenage boy" to the media.  

Sorry, my 15yo sister is a "teen". Anyone over 17 is an adult!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:25:43 PM EDT
[#19]
from the reported information the officers did their job.

sounds like one more thug off the streets.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:47:37 PM EDT
[#20]
I own a business in Plymouth, and am a little familiar with the ‘family McGrath’. Let’s just say they are poster children for Planned Parenthood, you know, “If you don’t use one of these, (Point at bowl of Condoms) you will get one of these. (Point at ‘Little Tony’)
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Shouldn't have brought that car to a gunfight.

He lost.

Good guys won.

That's all that matters.

HH

Right on!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:51:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

No kidding, obviously it was HER FAULT for raising such a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#23]
uh boy, I know some McGraths from the Boston area.  

I gotta make some phone calls.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:10:31 PM EDT
[#24]
"I want to know who killed my son for no reason at all, other than the fact that he was a lethal danger to police officers and the public in general, trying to run them over with a car during a robbery...

the nerve of those...police officers...*sarcasm off*
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:17:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Sounds like a really good mother , I  think the kid was just confused and misunderstood
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

"It's a tragedy when something like this happens," Botieri said.

trag·e·dy    Pronunciation Key  (trj-d)
n. pl. trag·e·dies

A drama or literary work in which the main character is brought to ruin or suffers extreme sorrow, especially as a consequence of a tragic flaw, moral weakness, or inability to cope with unfavorable circumstances
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:18:16 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
"I want to know who killed my son for no reason at all." the boys mother, Denise McGrath asked

You did.  When you mounted the father.  You did.  Whne you gave birth.  You did.  When you decided not to be a good parent.  You did.  When you let him out of your house at 3:20 in the morning.  Happy now, bitch?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:18:48 PM EDT
[#28]
I double tapped.  

arfcom hasnt been working well here lately.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#29]
In before the "how's the dog" posts.

Good shoot.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:26:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Looks like mama can't depend on her son's criminal ways to put food on the table no more.
Good shoot.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Man, for some reason momma sounds just like the one in our paper today. Got busted with 63 bags of coke packaged for sale hidden under a little baby in a car seat. Car was involved in a shooting at our local foreign leagion [local drug/gun/lowlife bar]. Momma was complaining that her kid was just "in the wrong company" and her "boy" was a good person. [Asshole was 30!!!!! years old]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:37:09 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm sorry, but that doesn't seem like a good shoot.

I never had a car try to run me down but I would think you could jump out of the way easier than drawing and shooting (unless donut abuse was involved).  

The punishment does not fit the crime.

Kid's do stupid stuff. 16 is a kid.

Rant away.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Good shot. Act stupid around people with guns and hilarity will ensue.

There are people who would still complain if the criminal scum bag vermin was standing over the bodies of 1,000 fetuses, infants, toddlers, and pre-schoolers as he made his last crack/ coke/ meth/ extasy crazed last stand using a belt-fed-semi-auto-bolt-action-lever-charged-automatic-revolver-of-death to spray the whole city using the more-thrust-per-squeeze-bumb-firing technique he learned on the Internet.

They would be lined up at the funeral shouting praises to the massed cameras that this was a good boy, an honerable boy, who took care of his family and 25 kids, and prayed every night, went to church every day, did missionary overseas, had cured aids, won a nobel peace price, work 4 jobs, blah, blah, blah.

They would also be at the trial telling the victims family that they deserved whatever their innocent angelic boy had done. That their demon spawn must have somehow forced their baby into defending hmiself and that they were in colusion with the popo to frame their kid who happened to be on mars that night doing spiritial work for the lord.

Fact is some people deserve killing. I applaud the police that they are able to do the job that they do as well as they are. I know I wouldn't be able to deal with their working conditions and stay sane. We (civilised society) should reward the ones unfurtunate enough to have to live through a death-by-cop senario such as this one.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:03:08 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I never had a car try to run me down but I would think you could jump out of the way easier than drawing and shooting (unless donut abuse was involved).  

Rant away.

1.  Lots of cops have been killed by cars.  You never know if you can get away, so start blasting.
2.  It sends a good message to other assholes who think they can use a car to intimidate the police into backing off.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:12:57 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rant away.

1.  Lots of cops have been killed by cars.  You never know if you can get away, so start blasting.
2.  It sends a good message to other assholes who think they can use a car to intimidate the police into backing off.

---------------------------------------------------------------

You are right. I thought about it more and they did what they had to do.

I think the 16 y.o. thing got the best of me.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:20:46 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rant away.

---------------------------------------------------------------

You are right. I thought about it more and they did what they had to do.

I think the 16 y.o. thing got the best of me.

Nothing wrong with that.  We didn't see how close they were from getting run down.  At 16 I knew that trying to run over a cop would probably get me two to the chest though.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:41:53 PM EDT
[#37]

"I want to know who killed my son for no reason at all."

Yo moms, some folks need killing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top