Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2002 2:25:32 PM EDT
All you MD probably know this, but I heard the following.  Anyone who lives in MD and wish to purchase a gun, MUST take a gun saftey course.  It doesn't matter if this is your first gun or 100th.

Link Posted: 1/1/2002 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have to pass a test?

Next step - The mandatory class will only be offered by the State.

Next step - The mandatory class will only be offered by the state on alternate Tuesdays

Next step - The mandatory class will only be offered on February 29.

At 2:00 AM.

It's "for the Children", you know.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 2:53:38 PM EDT
[#2]
YEAH!!!  We will finally be safe!

Actually 7...it is not [i]as[/i] bad as you say.  We only now need a safety course for handguns and "Regulated Weapons" (i.e.-naughty rifles).
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh yeah...and it doesn't matter whether its your first gun or 100th, too.  I'm so glad to be living in this state.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 3:00:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Move guys!  We're still free in Virginia!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
"Thus Always To Tyrants!"

[beer]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#5]
MD SUCKS!!! Come to Virginia!!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 4:28:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Lived in MD for twenty five years.  Crossed the Potomac and moved to West Virginia.  On the other side of the bridge, I shot out my rear view mirror (on the WV side, of course. :)
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's the real deal. As of today all purchasers of regulated firearms (that is handguns and assult weapons)must have completed an approved safety course before taking possession except for the following. If you have already have purchased said weapons prior to 1/1/2002 and is verifiable by MD State Police or have already completed a safety class and can show documentation.
The state's idea of approved safety class is a video they have produced or will sometime in the future apprx. two hours long with no hands on being mentioned. More on the assult weapon stuff. Funny how all AR15's, AK's, FAL's, etc... are restricted except one really cool loop hole. The Colt HBAR is exempted. Any AR15 with a heavy barrel is exempted. Gottta take the breaks when you can get them. BTW- there is a strong grass root base for RKBA but our Governor out right bought our state congresspeople to pass this crap. Even better in 2003 all handguns must have a built in lock to be sold in the state. Only a few makers like Steyr, and Taurus have completly integal locks at this point. There may be others but it will back door ban alot of firearms. All of this might wake up some of the sheeple out there in MD I can only hope.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:07:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I sure wish I could leave TX & move the MD where I could be safe!
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh, and one more thing. Class three is allowed here and the CLEO sign-offs are not that hard to get. What's that tell ya. It's all about the imaginary crime fighting and Big Money is all that matters. I love the state but the laws suck ass.  [50]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top