Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/2/2005 9:24:15 PM EDT
I've been lucky enough to have been comfortable around most women.

The exception of course being the ones I absolutely, desperately wanted to have. But overall I did ok in my single days. Been married 4 years now but some habits die hard and I catch myself smiling at all the pretty things I see. And I'm not as young as I used to be and I could lose 10 pounds but girls down her are still pretty friendly.

Usually just an exchange of smiles and then back to whatever pointless errand I was doing in the first place. Like I said I'm married so everything else is just a dry run.

Anyway I took a break today and ran the local bike path (4.5 miles). Actually run isn't the most accurate word, lightly trodded would be better and I only did the first half. Absolutely brutal during the day but I was feeling restless and the view is better during the day, lots of rollerbladers - sometimes in thongs, etc.

So I get to the water fountain at the halfway point and take a break. And I'm sitting there when this interesting looking thing runs up for a drink and sits down. Tight shorts and a tied off t shirt and yes she caught me looking when she was getting a drink.

She sits down and begins begins to wipe down with a hand towel. While I'm sure she brought it for that reason I think a little was for my benefit, she leaned back and did her stomach and legs.

So when it becomes obvious she will be sitting there for longer than 10 seconds we exchange pleasantries and start the usual BS conversation men and women have when they are trying to determine if the other party is at all interested in them.

Now I was pretty much just going through the motions for sake of nostalgia. And when we got to the point where she asked if I wanted to go get something to eat or a drink I declined because I'm married.

She seemed a bit annoyed (probably knew I was married but didn't care) but will surely get over it and won't have any trouble finding an interested party. Besides pretty girls need to be turned down on occassion, it helps balance things.

But it's nice to know I can still hook up.

Now if only I could get the wife to ok that threeway.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:26:54 PM EDT
[#1]
<Ralph Malph>  I still got it!  </Ralph Malph>
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Take it it's one of these situations.....

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:41:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Now I was pretty much just going through the motions for sake of nostalgia. And when we got to the point where she asked if I wanted to go get something to eat or a drink I declined because I'm married.

She seemed a bit annoyed (probably knew I was married but didn't care) but will surely get over it and won't have any trouble finding an interested party. Besides pretty girls need to be turned down on occassion, it helps balance things.

But it's nice to know I can still hook up.

Yep.... all the time. The problem starts when you get "hit" on by hottie potential underage 16 yr. old girls.... scary stuff....
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Sometimes, but mostly I found that getting married is like some sort of bullseye for chicks....If I had no morals, faith, fortitude, compassion, etc, I'd be getting more nookie than I ever thought possible.  

If I am ever single again, I am going to still wear the ring, it is like a magnet of some sort.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:50:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm sure it purely the uniform but I had a chick ask me if I was single one night going home from  a late shift. I said no, I'm married and she said well here's my # if ya want something on the side! No sh!t never said word one to her she came up out of the blue..
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:56:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Being married is its own aphrodisiac to women.

All you have to be is happy, comfortable, and aloof to the presence of ladies and magically they start wanting to screw you.

I don't care if women still want me, I just care about the one I sleep next to. She's not with me to screw up another woman's happiness.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#7]
No?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:58:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

....All you have to be is happy, comfortable, and aloof to the presence of ladies and magically they start wanting to screw you....

There ya go, the man said it.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:00:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Most of my clients are female, I even get flowers and cards and the occasional thong left on my antenna.
I'm ugly as hell so it must be the money or sock in my pants.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes I do still flirt around
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:03:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Obviously you just lurk and never speak to them.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:05:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Still got it?   I never had it..
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:16:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Then you were not supposed to answer.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:22:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Not when I was married , well not for real anyways .

Since my divorce it's become like breathing
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:25:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<HC4> At last! After 10 months at this place, FINALLY a thread worth replying to! </HC4>
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:35:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:38:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't put yourself in that situation.  It is one thing to be nice and smile, "flirt" if you want to call it. but if you do get some strange, and are married, that's bad.  It can only get easier and go downhill fast.

My wife and I do joke about a "free pass".  You know, a celebrity dream date.  If she and Dale Earnhardt get together...She can use her free pass.   My free pass dream date?... well, it changes weekly.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:42:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Don't put yourself in that situation.  It is one thing to be nice and smile, "flirt" if you want to call it. but if you do get some strange, and are married, that's bad.  It can only get easier and go downhill fast.

My wife and I do joke about a "free pass".  You know, a celebrity dream date.  If she and Dale Earnhardt get together...She can use her free pass.   My free pass dream date?... well, it changes weekly.

Man, honestly I don't have the time for one on the side. I got my hands full as it is.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:49:27 PM EDT
[#20]
My wife points out the girls that give me the look or smile.  She gets tickled pink by it.  I usually am so clueless when girls are after me that it is really pathetic.  It is amazing that I got any at all and it usually took a girl getting frustrated, forward, and obvious.  Like stripping down.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:04:54 PM EDT
[#21]
I had a fun experiance one night when I was out to see a buddies band.
I was waiting in line at the bar to get a beer, when this girl come over and starts a conversation. It went well for a couple of minutes, with the normal "hi, I'm so and so, how are you tonight" rigamaroll. After I got my beer, I kept talking to her for awhile, as I was taking a drink (I'm left handed, VERY important here)....I see her do this     She stammered a few mumbled words followed by " Oh my God!!! I'm so sorry.....you're.....you're MARRIED!!, Oh....I'm so embarrassed" After that she practically ran away to the other side of the bar. I still get a kick out of it. I have never unintentionally embarrassed someone so bad in my life, poor girl.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:08:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then you were not supposed to answer.

I still have a post count to maintain.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:35:37 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm not married, but I may as well be already.

I don't flirt anymore... I'd get cut...

I live in fear....
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:43:51 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Post Number :: 1

+
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:44:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Post Number :: 1

+

Ouch!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:32:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Wedding ring + Kid + dog + park = beat them back with a stick.  The gods have a cruel sense of humor.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:42:00 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

me too, im a loser
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:54:21 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

You DO mean Jr., right??

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:13:46 AM EDT
[#29]
No woman wants a man that another woman doesn't already have.  

Wedding Ring = Pie Magnet

And yes, they do get frustrated with polite rejection due to marital status.  It's as if you're saying, "Sorry sweetie, but I got this other one that makes you look like Mr. Ed..."  

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:27:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Flirt.......Why ask for trouble?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:26:43 AM EDT
[#31]
In regard to the question in the thread title, no.

I'm not so insecure that I have to play silly (and dangerous) games to prove my manhood.

I love my wife too much to do something like that.

I actually go out of my way to avoid giving the impression that I am interested in anyone but her.

"It" is strictly for my wife.  It's a commitment, not an adolescent game.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:33:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Don't feel any need to.  

I've always been, and always will be...  a Stud.  
what's that dear?

yes honey,  right away.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:25:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:28:40 AM EDT
[#34]

Married Guys...Ever Flirt Just To See If You Still Got It...?  

I never had "it" to begin with.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:41:09 AM EDT
[#35]
No, of course not.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:12:03 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man, honestly I don't have the time for one on the side. I got my hands full as it is.

Preach it brother....
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:14:19 AM EDT
[#37]
I ain't got it no more.  

Old, Fat, Balding, get the picture?

I would never do anything to put my marriage in jepordy.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:18:05 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Don't feel any need to.  

I've always been, and always will be...  a Stud.  
what's that dear?

yes honey,  right away.

You are soooo right !
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:21:20 AM EDT
[#39]
No way Jose.

I work with lots of very attractive* young women (often flirtatious enough themselves) and I do NOT play with fire.

* hey, I'm a married Christian but I'm not dead...
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:23:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Not successfully...
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:27:51 AM EDT
[#41]
not my style.  I have too much respect for my wife for that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:40:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Sometimes......its nice to know I'm not invisible.......
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:44:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:45:09 AM EDT
[#44]
You mean you guys dont go home with them too?!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:50:15 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
No?

Sgat1r5

Was that "No you don't have it!" or "No, you don't flirt"?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:02:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Both my husband and I are big flirts.  I think its fine if what you say and do is something you would say or do in front of your spouse.  However it has come back to bite both of us.  David's innocent flirtations [he likes to rub ladies, particularly ladies his mother's age egos with comments like "My Mrs. Rietman you hair looks pretty today, hug, smile etc" ] have been taken seriously and women have asked him out.  I'm no different.  I enjoy joking around and what I would think of as innocent has come back with offers of more.  So those who say they wouldn't play with fire have reason.  Will I change? Most likely not.

Patty
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:09:57 AM EDT
[#47]
I flirt with old ladies when I am with my wife.  Old ladies love me, I have no idea why.  One of the checkers at our local grocery store is a nice little Mexican lady who is in her sixties.  One day as we are leaving, she stopped my wife and told her, "Your husband, he has a nice ass.  If you get tired of him, you send him to me, OK?"  My wife turned beet red.

Now I tease her about it.  "Be nice to me, or I'll dump ya for Maria.  Remember, once you go gray, you'll never stray."
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:20:21 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Sometimes, but mostly I found that getting married is like some sort of bullseye for chicks....If I had no morals, faith, fortitude, compassion, etc, I'd be getting more nookie than I ever thought possible.  

If I am ever single again, I am going to still wear the ring, it is like a magnet of some sort.

Hmmm interesting! I may have to try the ring trick.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:21:07 AM EDT
[#49]
No, I am just nice. It's the same thing I did before I was married. However it would be nice to know I still "had it". I still have all my hair and I haven't gotten fat, so I'm probably okay.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:23:14 AM EDT
[#50]
I never really had it in the first place.

Those few gals who show interest I blow off.  I do not want my wife to any doubts about my loyalty.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top