Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 2:50:39 PM EDT
My wife and I were headed down I-55 in north Mississippi about an hour ago and passed an Army convoy apparently headed to the coast. It was a convoy of at leat twenty vehicles, mostly Humvees with Military Police on the side and several large trucks. On the back of every vehicle there was written with white chalk "MO 1138". What does that mean? I couldn't tell what unit they were from or what state they had come from.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:54:11 PM EDT
[#1]
MO - Missouri
1138 - probably there unit number.

My guess.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:06:14 PM EDT
[#2]
1138?
they were Lucasfilm security trucks
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:24:32 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a National Gaurd MP Unit based across the street from my house. There were BlackHawks fyling over my place all night last night preparing to take men and rifles to NOLA to shoot looters.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:25:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
There is a National Gaurd MP Unit based across the street from my house. There were BlackHawks fyling over my place all night last night preparing to take men and rifles to NOLA to shoot looters.

Git some!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:40:00 PM EDT
[#5]
1138th MP Co – Springfield Det 1,

1138th MP Co – West Plains

No telling which unit, but they are MP units.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:41:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
1138?
they were Lucasfilm security trucks

Riot police:

"Take that, hippie!"
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:47:37 PM EDT
[#7]
68 members of the MO/NG 1138th MP co are on their way down to take part in the block by block enforcement.  1000 MP's have been called in to restore some law and order in the streets of New Orleans.

Gang's and Looters beware.  These guys will not be kidding.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top