Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/8/2014 8:31:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2014 8:34:18 AM EDT by rabidus]
I just got into reloading shotgun shells. I have a lyman 525gr slug and to mark the hulls I created and ordered a rubber stamp design. The Staz-On solvent based ink sticks and dries to the hulls just fine. I used metallic silver as it will show up on all hull colors. Yellow was my next choice but there are some yellow hulls out there. The stamp is on a is a .5x1" stamp pad.
I have a 12ga design and the skinnier longer 20ga design. The one pictured below is 20ga design on a 12ga hull. I liked it more.
PM me with an Email address and I'll send you the two files you can upload to:

Takes 1-2 days for them to ship.
Rubber Stamps

They're $4.95-5.95 per stamp and you just upload your design to them.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:38:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2014 8:39:42 AM EDT by DRich]
I used to reload a LOT of 12ga before the price of lead skyrocketed and my sources of free wheel weights evaporated. I always used a Sharpie and it lasted a long time before it became illegible. With the amount of trap shooting I do (~4k/month), it's simply not worth the time time do it anymore. Cheaper to buy flats.

I like the design, though. Pretty cool for a touch of personalization.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:46:12 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DRich:
I used to reload a LOT of 12ga before the price of lead skyrocketed and my sources of free wheel weights evaporated. I always used a Sharpie and it lasted a long time before it became illegible. With the amount of trap shooting I do (~4k/month), it's simply not worth the time time do it anymore. Cheaper to buy flats.

I like the design, though. Pretty cool for a touch of personalization.
View Quote

I wouldn't mark trap loads, just the slugs. For buckshot I simply dot it with a silver sharpie for each 0. I mark the tops too in case they are in a sleeve.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:02:39 PM EDT
One last bump for the night crew.
Top Top