Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2005 7:51:52 AM EDT
I am in a position now, due to my assignment here, where I have gained a whole lot of expereince with a product made a a company that is small but growing very fast, and I could greatly improve thier product and operations.

I would like to offer my services as a consultant, on a temporary basis, to this company when I return. For those that have done this, what is the best way to approach them?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:28:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump.... anyone?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:52:18 AM EDT
[#2]
put together  a very detailed portfolio (like a resume) with details of your experiences, photos of your experiences or of product in action and a broad overview of how you would improve their product or how you could expand their sales with  YOUR HELP.

next find out the best person to contact in said company without running off at the mouth to the lower road block employees, (you want to save your energy for the person that counts),

then get yourself some information about marketing (background info on how to market anything, it's all basically the same)

set up an appointment with above HMFIC and spill your guts out, oh and find out as much as you can about the company as you can, stock future, earnings, business mission/vision, and even as much PUBLIC information as you can about the person whom you will be giving your presentation to.

you want to stroke his ego without looking like your trying to stroke his ego.

basically your going to sell yourself  and what you can offer the company, what YOU want out of it must remain on the back burner, at least as far as they're concerned.

good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top