Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2007 2:57:22 PM EDT

Marion Jones Returns Five Olympic Medals from 2000 Sydney Games

Marion Jones has given up the five medals she won at the Sydney Olympics in 2000 and accepted a two-year period of ineligibility, days after admitting she used performance-enhancing drugs.
The standings normally would be readjusted, with the second-place finisher moving up to gold, third to silver and fourth to bronze. But the silver medalist in Sydney was Greek sprinter Katerina Thanou, who was suspended for two years after being at the center of a major doping scandal at the Athens Olympics.

That Jones eventually would lose the three gold medals and two bronzes she won in 2000 was a given. She pleaded guilty Friday to lying to federal investigators about using steroids, saying she'd taken "the clear" from September 2000 to July 2001. "The clear" is the designer steroid that's been linked to the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, the lab at the center of the steroids scandal in professional sports.

USOC chairman Peter Ueberroth had called on her to "immediately" give up the medals on her own.

"Her admission is long overdue and underscores the shame and dishonor that are inherent with cheating," Ueberroth said Friday.

Jones had been dogged by suspicions and doping allegations for years, angrily denying all of them. On Friday, though, she told a federal judge that then-coach Trevor Graham gave her a substance that he said was flaxseed oil but was actually "the clear."

"By November 2003, I realized he was giving me performance-enhancing drugs," Jones said Friday.

Stupid lying cheating bitch still blames her coach.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Marion Jones Returns Five Olympic Medals from 2000 Sydney Games

Marion Jones has given up the five medals she won at the Sydney Olympics in 2000 and accepted a two-year period of ineligibility, days after admitting she used performance-enhancing drugs.
The standings normally would be readjusted, with the second-place finisher moving up to gold, third to silver and fourth to bronze. But the silver medalist in Sydney was Greek sprinter Katerina Thanou, who was suspended for two years after being at the center of a major doping scandal at the Athens Olympics.

That Jones eventually would lose the three gold medals and two bronzes she won in 2000 was a given. She pleaded guilty Friday to lying to federal investigators about using steroids, saying she'd taken "the clear" from September 2000 to July 2001. "The clear" is the designer steroid that's been linked to the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, the lab at the center of the steroids scandal in professional sports.

USOC chairman Peter Ueberroth had called on her to "immediately" give up the medals on her own.

"Her admission is long overdue and underscores the shame and dishonor that are inherent with cheating," Ueberroth said Friday.

Jones had been dogged by suspicions and doping allegations for years, angrily denying all of them. On Friday, though, she told a federal judge that then-coach Trevor Graham gave her a substance that he said was flaxseed oil but was actually "the clear."

"By November 2003, I realized he was giving me performance-enhancing drugs," Jones said Friday.

Stupid lying cheating bitch still blames her coach.

That was a pretty strange year for the Olympics. Wasn't there some judge in the Winter Olympics that was bribed by the Russian Mob to give some Russian figure skater a gold medal?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Never blame yourself blame others.

It is the DU way.

Max
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Fucking Disgraceful.

-K
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:16:57 PM EDT
[#4]
(Baseball Apologists) But it's just part of the game. (/Baseball Apologists)
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#5]
how about returning all the money she made from cheating those 7 years?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:28:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yeah right.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:32:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Gah...Marion and Justin.  Please oh PLEASE don't let Jeremy Wariner end up positive on a drug test.  

-Ben
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Its a big story down here ATM..

Cheating bitch....

I wonder how clean the next ones's gunna be, and I wonder how many medals the host country will cheat to win?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:34:21 PM EDT
[#9]
What a disgrace.  When will Sosa man-up and give back Aaron's record, BTW?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:36:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Why don't they just have LIMITED CLASS and UNLIMITED CLASS?????

That way, there'd be a place for those who dope and those who don't, with less incentive to hide it.  Legalize it, and it won't be a problem.

Legalize it, let science and technology develop even better, safer products, and then issue it to the military!!  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:37:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Fuck all this shit.
We need to start a league that ONLY uses steroid-induced monstrosities of an unholy, cursed science.

I actually want to see a man pick up a car.
I want to see a woman jump over a semi-truck with no mechanical assistance.
I wanna see a Greco-Roman wrasslin' match where somebody's fucking head comes off.

And then have a league for those that don't want cancer or their nuts to shrivel up.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:43:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

From what I recall she has nothing to return anyway...all the millions from endorsements and whatnot was somehow squandered away.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:45:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Fuck all this shit.
We need to start a league that ONLY uses steroid-induced monstrosities of an unholy, cursed science.

I actually want to see a man pick up a car.
I want to see a woman jump over a semi-truck with no mechanical assistance.
I wanna see a Greco-Roman wrasslin' match where somebody's fucking head comes off.

And then have a league for those that don't want cancer or their nuts to shrivel up.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:47:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

That way, there'd be a place for those who dope and those who don't, with less incentive to hide it.  Legalize it, and it won't be a problem.

How about a category called "NO CLASS" so that no-class, lying, cheating bitches like this can compete against other no-class, lying, cheating bitches.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From what I recall she has nothing to return anyway...all the millions from endorsements and whatnot was somehow squandered away.

Yeah, and I don't recall seeing too many MJ (the chick) commercials in the past few years.

Unless I missed the ad for a chemically-enhanced douche.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:49:45 PM EDT
[#16]
'm getting to the point where I am convinced that they are all doing "something".

Speed, blood doping, HGH, anabolic...whatever...

"If it's worth winning, it's worth cheating over."

NASCAR and IHRA have the non-spec intakes, fuel bladders in the tube frames, 1L too big fuel cell, non-spec aero wings, etc...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:52:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Good you fucking cheating bitch whore.

Cheaters should be hung.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:53:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Which record?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:54:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which record?

Consecutive 100yd rushing games??
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah right.

That's like returning the Escalade you bought while on food stamps.  Ain't gonna happen.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about a category called "NO CLASS" so that no-class, lying, cheating bitches like this can compete against other no-class, lying, cheating bitches.

I think that's called Roller Derby!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:30:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Atleast the bitch is already quite broke.  I read that she thought her trainer was giving her flaxseed oil.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top