Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:46:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:49:05 AM EDT
[#2]
damn,"suicide by cop" because he didn't want to go back to Iraq.

Says a lot.

I'm saddened for everyone involved.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:49:16 AM EDT
[#3]
"He rejoined his unit at Camp Pendleton on Jan. 2. Sheriff's Lt. Bill Heyne said Raya was last seen at Camp Pendleton Saturday.

He reportedly told fellow soldiers he was going to get a quick bite to eat. Instead, he showed up in Ceres 24 hours later, armed with an SKS assault rifle. The rifle is a Chinese version of the weapon that Raya was trained to use in the Marines, Heyne said."

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:49:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:50:22 AM EDT
[#5]
It's all Bush's fault.

HE started the war.

HE sent this poor man to die.

HE didn't ban the gun he used.

HE polluted the atmosphere.

Damned pity about the dead cop, though.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:50:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Instead, he showed up in Ceres 24 hours later, armed with an SKS assault rifle. The rifle is a Chinese version of the weapon that Raya was trained to use in the Marines, Heyne said.

wtf
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:57:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:00:53 AM EDT
[#8]

"We knew that it was an automatic weapon," said his wife, Karen Travis.

I don't know whats worse, the fact that this happened or the shoddy reporting.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:01:55 AM EDT
[#9]
It kills me that this guy, who was only 19 by the way, saw and experienced enough to screw up his head enough to influence him to do what he did and die how he did, no matter what the "reason", as if anyone could really reason this on out.

Its sad that the cops died doing their job.

nevermind the Bush comments, nevermind the inaccuracies about what weapon he used.

The whole thing SUCKS ASS.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:09:11 AM EDT
[#10]
+1, no good in this anywhere.

Its horrible, and the strains of war must be horrific - however, that doesn't account for him deciding to wage war on his town, and innocent people.

While secondarily doing more harm to our cause, and giving ammunition to the anti's.

Terrible.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:11:21 AM EDT
[#11]
sks, automatic rifle, trained with it in the Marines, Fellow soldiers, damn what a horrible article did they do any research??
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:10:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Terrible thing. However, I don't think that simply going to war was all that was wrong with this guy. I went to that war, as did dozens of other members of this board, and thousands of other servicemen. We all saw horrible things, but it takes more than seeing something bad to make this happen.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
sks, automatic rifle, trained with it in the Marines, Fellow soldiers, damn what a horrible article did they do any research??

I met a guy that was former USMC RECON and he told me that they trained with Soviet SKS rifles and other foreign weapons.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:37:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:39:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Terrible thing. However, I don't think that simply going to war was all that was wrong with this guy. I went to that war, as did dozens of other members of this board, and thousands of other servicemen. We all saw horrible things, but it takes more than seeing something bad to make this happen.

not if your about half twisted to begin with.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:40:42 AM EDT
[#16]
seems like a waste, they could have strapped him with explosives and sent him out on the streets to be kidnapped if he wanted to die so badly
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:42:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Since when does the media have to make sure they're using accurate, factual data in their reports? Legally, they can MAKE UP anything they please.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

not if your about half twisted to begin with.

Right. Regardless of what he saw or did in Iraq, something was wrong, although maybe not majorly wrong, in this guy's head before he ever went there.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:49:16 AM EDT
[#19]
remember crack babies from the early 80's

not saying he was one but i wonder what happened to them?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:58:24 AM EDT
[#20]
damn... just damn.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:22:56 AM EDT
[#21]
I live by Ceres. Went to a few schools with some Ceres cops.. Its a horrible shame about the Police SGT. that died because of this coward.

Its disgusting and a disgrace.  He should have manned up and took his own life instead of ruining someone else's.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:51:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Dupe!

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=312648

Punk kid who would have been a gang banger if not for the USMC. He was a murdering coward.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top