Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2011 7:02:02 AM EDT
I say the police should turn him back over to the Marines when they find him and let them "sort him out"!!!!
http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/264027/3/Visiting-Marine-stabbed-in-downtown-St-Louis
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 7:13:32 AM EDT
[#1]
As some of the comments in that article state: Welcome to Saint Louis.

I would not walk 14th and Chestnut at 2:30am if you paid me.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 7:33:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Shouldn't be out walking around that shit hole under Platoon Strength with a full combat load , LAV over watch and CAS on the IP. St Louis is a fuckin blight that needs to be turned to rubble and then sowed with salt.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 7:35:41 AM EDT
[#3]
A stabbing at 2:30 in the morning in St Louis?  Shocking.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 7:49:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Crack addict probably.

Dangerous in those situation when you've got crazy bums some of whom are looking for cash and others just high, drunk, or insane. Marine, Navy SEAL, Delta, Ranger, the janitor at walmart doesn't matter if one of them blind sides you and get a lucky stab in.

I wont go to downtown Detroit to watch a Tiger's game anymore. It's a "gun free" zone so I can't carry and while walking back to my car I know I'm going to have to deal with mutliple crazy homeless people.  Have had some tense moments where I thought I was going to have to kill a homeless man with my bear hands. Not my idea of a fun time out.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 7:48:51 PM EDT
[#5]
More info at this link....http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2011/06/22/two-unarmed-men-mug-3-marines-mayor-wonders-how/

“Marines have been given rules of engagement not to engage in any violence except to protect their lives,” said Marine Spokeswoman Capt Kate Vanden Bossche.

When asked if the Marines have essentially been told to hand over their wallets in St. Louis, rather than fight to protect their property, Vanden Bossche said: “If someone is in such dire need that they need to rob someone,  I don’t think that’s a fight Marines need to get into.”

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top