Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2016 2:45:42 PM EDT
http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/04/drugs-we-pee-out-are-returning-to-us-in-our-salad-bowls-to-get-re-peed/

Prescription meds get trapped in disturbing pee-to-food-to-pee loop
New irrigation methods mean veggies and fruits serve up used pharmaceuticals.

In a randomized, single-blind pilot study, researchers found that anticonvulsive epilepsy drug carbamazepine, which is released in urine, can accumulate in crops irrigated with recycled water—treated sewage—and end up in the urine of produce-eaters not on the drugs. The study, published Tuesday in Environmental Science & Technology, is the first to validate the long-held suspicion that pharmaceuticals may get trapped in infinite pee-to-food-to-pee loops, exposing consumers to drug doses with unknown health effects.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:48:00 PM EDT
.....and as human beings,you and I need fresh,pure water to replenish our precious bodily fluids.........

I've read stuff like that before-glad I have a well and collect rainwater.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:56:54 PM EDT
Just another reason that I don't regret the money I spent on a new well pump last summer.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:59:55 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
.....and as human beings,you and I need fresh,pure water to replenish our precious bodily fluids.........

View Quote

Collect all the water you want.   It isn't going to solve even the snippet quoted in the original post, unless you're using your rainwater to irrigate your own crops.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:02:45 PM EDT
Seizures acting up? Better drink my piss.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:03:27 PM EDT
Hmmm..... Free drugs on my money, and now veggies too?

Kids in 10 more generations will really love their veggies.

Veeegggggggeeeeeetttttttttttttablllllllles.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:06:15 PM EDT
That piss ain't gonna drink itself.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:11:28 PM EDT
This mean Lance can get all his trophies back ?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:45:01 PM EDT
There are ways to safely treat water that could have pharmaceuticals, it's not cheap. But, I can't think of any city in the US using reclaimed water for crops, they only use it for golf courses and such. However, all sewage treatment plants discharge to a river or creek so that water could more easily get into crops if they're pumping water from those sources.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 6:36:27 PM EDT
I have a reverse osmosis system with carbon filters.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 6:43:13 PM EDT
Quoted:

Collect all the water you want.   It isn't going to solve even the snippet quoted in the original post, unless you're using your rainwater to irrigate your own crops.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reading skills? Not around here.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 6:44:41 PM EDT
Purity of Essence...

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 6:47:27 PM EDT
Well, I don't think they wanted me to talk really. I don't think they wanted me to say anything.
It was just their way of having a bit of fun, the swines.

Strange thing is they make such bloody good cameras.
An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.