Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2005 11:58:13 PM EDT
Besides the sick and old people who would be harmed more by being moved ,should there be some kind of penalty imposed on people that ignore a mandatory evacuation order and cause the government to spend millions saving them?

I undertand the urge to protect your home, but when you live below sea level and a cat 5 is headed your way, its time to go. Many have paid the ultimate price already.

Maybe the current situation in New orleans has given me a shitty outlook on things.  Give us your thoughs.

Flame suit on.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:13:52 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Besides the sick and old people who would be harmed more by being moved ,should there be some kind of penalty imposed on people that ignore a mandatory evacuation order and cause the government to spend millions saving them?

I undertand the urge to protect your home, but when you live below sea level and a cat 5 is headed your way, its time to go. Many have paid the ultimate price already.

Maybe the current situation in New orleans has given me a shitty outlook on things.  Give us your thoughs.

Flame suit on.

From where are they supposed to pay this fine? Nobody is working right now and many that live in that region are on welfare as it is. We gonna tap their welfare checks? You think they're pissed now!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:17:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

From where are they supposed to pay this fine? Nobody is working right now and many that live in that region are on welfare as it is. We gonna tap their welfare checks? You think they're pissed now!

Indeed, even those who were upstanding and had jobs the majority of there employers are now out of business and their facilities destroyed.

They couldn't pay any fine if they wanted to.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:18:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Indeed, even those who were upstanding and had jobs the majority of there employers are now out of business and their facilities destroyed.

Those people evacuated.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:19:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those people evacuated.

You and I don't know every story.  A gross overgeneralization like that is just assinine.

I fully agree with your sentiments on the issue, but it just plum ain't gonna happen.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:26:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I know it won't happen, and I may be am generalizing, but the situation with the widespread looting and all is just pissing me off i guess.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:52:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Flame suit on.

The fine was getting getting hit in the head by a Buick while treading water and living in some shit hole shelter smelling other peoples poopy.

Somebody else said it best. "Stupid Hurts". I do think there should be some penalty but it's not practical to apply.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:00:34 AM EDT
[#7]
They could have just gone around in boats with a bullhorn announcing "There was a mandatory evacuation, you people should not be here... Good night"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top