Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2010 6:25:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:29:25 AM EDT
[#1]
The right to "keep and bear" shall NOT BE INFRINGED.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:31:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Void where prohibited by law.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:33:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Guilty of conspiracy to keep and bear arms.

And did a reporter, who gets paid to write the English language, just use the word "snuck'?  Well, snuck you, reporter.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:34:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Should inmates have them in their jail cells?

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:39:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Kieser also told the court the federal gun ban at schools was found unconstitutional, has been rewritten and is "not widely used in New Hampshire."

Police Capt. Corey MacDonald told the Herald following Tuesday's hearing that he searched Young's home after his arrest and also concluded he was not a public threat. Young, a masonry contractor, is the owner of Plain & Fancy Brick Work of Hampton.

MacDonald previously told the Portsmouth Herald that New Hampshire law prohibits persons without licenses from carrying concealed weapons on their person or in their vehicles. If Young had left the gun on the seat of his truck, or removed the ammunition, no law would have been broken, he confirmed.

The Kel Tec .380 is a highly concealable weapon, weighing just 7.2 ounces and measuring 5.1 inches in overall length, according to manufacturer's specifications.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20100312-NEWS-3120375
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:42:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

herp derp

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:42:18 AM EDT
[#7]
So a taxpayer goes into a "open townhall meeting" on tax payer funded property where there is going to be a discussion with a "public servant" and he is sentanced for "tresspassing?"
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:47:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:49:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When does school start back again?  Is it middle of August for everyone?

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:49:48 AM EDT
[#10]
He played a stupid game:

Voluntarily INVITING the MAN into your life:  "I don't have any concealed weapons on my person, Officer - but I have one in my TRUCK fifty yards away!" is stupid.

Carrying a loaded, concealed weapon in that truck - in violation of state law since he didn't have a CCW - and then ADMITTING to it is really, really stupid.  

Unfortunately, I see no reason to rally behind this person.   Chalk it up to experience.   "Shall not be infringed" wouldn't apply if he lived in a shall-issue state and all other aspects of the case were the same; so I will avoid debating its merits here.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:52:32 AM EDT
[#11]
So having a gun in his truck is what he got convicted for. Whoa, just whoa.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:53:14 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

So a taxpayer goes into a "open townhall meeting" on tax payer funded property where there is going to be a discussion with a "public servant" and he is sentanced for "tresspassing?"

It was not an 'open' meeting, merely styled like an open forum, hence why you needed a ticket.  Second, because its public property does not mean its open to the public, try waltzing into a .mil base or a court house with being expressly allowed in.  

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:56:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED is not as cut and dry as some think.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:58:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

So having a gun in his truck is what he got convicted for. Whoa, just whoa.

No, concealed in his truck while loaded is.  Though if he had a license he would have been fine.  The law is meant to stop people from poaching from their car, hence why they let him go with good behavior.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:59:18 AM EDT
[#15]

he didn't "bring a gun to an obama event".

he went to an obama event, and had a frearm outside in his parked car.

two VERY different things.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:59:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Getting a CCW in NH is filling out a single page form, paying $20 and waiting no more than 2 weeks. (by law). And is good for 4 years.

No photos. No fingerprints. No nothing. Just fill out the form and pay the 20 spot.

It's stupid NOT to have one.

Having said that, it would not cover leaving a loaded gun in your vehicle. Only concealed on your person.
To the best of my knowledge, a loaded gun left in a vehicle is a no-no, no matter how you cut it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:01:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
he didn't "bring a gun to an obama event".

he went to an obama event, and had a frearm outside in his parked car.

two VERY different things.

Yep.. and was dumb enough to tell the popo about it.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:02:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

derpity doo
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:02:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
He played a stupid game:

Voluntarily INVITING the MAN into your life:  "I don't have any concealed weapons on my person, Officer - but I have one in my TRUCK fifty yards away!" is stupid.

Carrying a loaded, concealed weapon in that truck - in violation of state law since he didn't have a CCW - and then ADMITTING to it is really, really stupid.  

This.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:03:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Troll much?

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:04:24 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Troll Fail.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:10:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It was not an 'open' meeting, merely styled like an open forum, hence why you needed a ticket.  Second, because its public property does not mean its open to the public, try waltzing into a .mil base or a court house with being expressly allowed in.  

My point was, that the "townhalls" are packed and they don't want to have joe the plumber types in who might make an embarassing question, thus the need to be selected.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:12:27 AM EDT
[#23]
He's lucky the feds didn't go after him.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:51:59 AM EDT
[#24]
I avoid all those gathers where any president makes an appearance. The equivalent of getting a cavity search is no fun.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:20:06 AM EDT
[#25]
OK, wait. Gun was in his vehicle, not on his person? Bad arrest. Secret Service deemed him to be a non threat? Bad on local LEOs to trump SS. Case should never have been heard in that case. Prosecutor and lead detective should be ashamed of themselves for this if that were the case.

Any prior arrests for violence? Any mental problems? Any threats made to anyone in attendance there? No? I CALL BULLSHIT ON THE WHOLE THING! Appeal and sight violation of Constitutional rights.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:27:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Here in NM you can have a loaded gun in your vehicle on school grounds.  Hell you can have it in a zipper bag on your bicycle and it is still considered ok.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:36:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Thank God that this dangerous criminal has been dealt with!
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:40:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Yeah that is strange to me.  In my state what he did would not be a crime.

Well maybe the being there without a ticket.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:44:03 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Thank God that this dangerous criminal has been dealt with!

thank god indeed.

he had a round IN the chamber**
**in a pistol not readily available inside a parked car outside of the building

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:48:43 AM EDT
[#30]
not a crime here.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Kieser also told the court the federal gun ban at schools was found unconstitutional, has been rewritten and is "not widely used in New Hampshire."

Police Capt. Corey MacDonald told the Herald following Tuesday's hearing that he searched Young's home after his arrest and also concluded he was not a public threat. Young, a masonry contractor, is the owner of Plain & Fancy Brick Work of Hampton.

MacDonald previously told the Portsmouth Herald that New Hampshire law prohibits persons without licenses from carrying concealed weapons on their person or in their vehicles. If Young had left the gun on the seat of his truck, or removed the ammunition, no law would have been broken, he confirmed.

The Kel Tec .380 is a highly concealable weapon, weighing just 7.2 ounces and measuring 5.1 inches in overall length, according to manufacturer's specifications.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20100312-NEWS-3120375

How did this event give them PC to search the mans home ?
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Getting a CCW in NH is filling out a single page form, paying $20 $10 and waiting no more than 2 weeks. (by law). And is good for 4 years.

No photos. No fingerprints. No nothing. Just fill out the form and pay the 20 10 spot.

Having said that, it would not cover leaving a loaded gun in your vehicle. Only concealed on your person.
To the best of my knowledge, a loaded gun left in a vehicle is a no-no, no matter how you cut it.

Fixed it for you.  WTF?

The guy was arrested for sneaking into a "closed" (i.e. tickets required) event with the POTUS.  (Stupid Act 1) They then search his truck and find a "concealed" handgun (hey, that's the definition under the law.  Very plainly spelled out.) , and he is not licensed to carry a handgun concealed.  (Stupid Act 2) Doesn't seem like my idea of a "wronged hero" to rally behind.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 9:51:04 AM EDT
[#33]
no law was broken if he was in most other states
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 10:01:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Getting a CCW in NH is filling out a single page form, paying $20 $10 and waiting no more than 2 weeks. (by law). And is good for 4 years.

No photos. No fingerprints. No nothing. Just fill out the form and pay the 20 10 spot.

Fixed it for you.  WTF?

The guy was arrested for sneaking into a "closed" (i.e. tickets required) event with the POTUS.  (Stupid Act 1) They then search his truck and find a "concealed" handgun (hey, that's the definition under the law.  Very plainly spelled out.) , and he is not licensed to carry a handgun concealed.  (Stupid Act 2) Doesn't seem like my idea of a "wronged hero" to rally behind.

How about, "Sorry sir, but you don't have a ticket so you will have to leave.  Okay, thanks, bye."
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 10:14:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fixed it for you.  WTF?

How about, "Sorry sir, but you don't have a ticket so you will have to leave.  Okay, thanks, bye."

Oh, please.  He didn't walk up to the door and try to get in, or inadvertently walk through the wrong door.. He purposely avoided security and slipped through. If some moonbat had purposely evaded security to get in to where W was speaking, would we advocate the Sec Service just say, "Sorry, sir, but you don't have a ticket..."  I don't think so.

I hate the cliche, but "Play stupid games..."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top