Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:13:58 AM EST
What's his username?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:15:05 AM EST
Originally Posted By Tactical_Ogre:
What's his username?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:15:09 AM EST
What's his username?

Don't you know Arfcommers only use the trigger as their safety?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:16:34 AM EST
Originally Posted By Jinxsters:
What's his username?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:17:11 AM EST
Armor piercing?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:18:47 AM EST
Originally Posted By Bud:
Armor piercing?

Everything that isn't HP is AP now days.

Sigh
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:19:18 AM EST
Armor piercing?

It certainly would've pierced the officers' soft armor.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:19:40 AM EST

Armor piercing?

Yep, the pointed ones.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:21:19 AM EST
Armor piercing?

my bet is on 62g green tip ss109
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:21:45 AM EST
Originally Posted By SeanR:
Armor piercing?

Everything that isn't HP is AP now days.

Sigh

you forgot about the APHP
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:22:29 AM EST
So much for IDing your target before pulling the trigger
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:22:31 AM EST
Armor piercing?

Probably M855, people think it's AP.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:23:07 AM EST
From the first reply under the article

"I love the news, I am one of his neighbors, mind you also a police officer for 23 years and never knew they were at the home till he had already come out after calling for help. They turned thier headlights off after they arrive and never had there strobes on; a big no-no. Second he is legally hearing impaired; no left side hearing and right side is less than half. The officer decided to walk around the home in the middle of the night with just a flash light, tisk-tisk. They were not well lit or easy to identify. The first thing after no answer at door would call to dispatch and get a phone number, never walk around a home for no reason at 2am. Only reason they were even there was a possible traffic ticket.

He went outside after police knock multiple time and rang bell multiple time in a row. He retreated to his home and called police stating, per recording, there are 2 people outside trying to kill me and they have guns. Hmm, you really think he was trying to kill a cop.

I have been shot at and had gun point at me, but they knew clearly who i was. From reading police report and seeing the home really need to be looked at and those officer need to get some extra training."

Seems like a bit was left out by the reporter. At 1 or 2 am anyone of us could have been securing our home with a rifle too after seeing lights in the backyard and NOT being notified they are cops.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:23:55 AM EST
Originally Posted By jaflowers:

"I love the news, I am one of his neighbors, mind you also a police officer for 23 years and never knew they were at the home till he had already come out after calling for help. They turned thier headlights off after they arrive and never had there strobes on; a big no-no. Second he is legally hearing impaired; no left side hearing and right side is less than half. The officer decided to walk around the home in the middle of the night with just a flash light, tisk-tisk. They were not well lit or easy to identify. The first thing after no answer at door would call to dispatch and get a phone number, never walk around a home for no reason at 2am. Only reason they were even there was a possible traffic ticket.

He went outside after police knock multiple time and rang bell multiple time in a row. He retreated to his home and called police stating, per recording, there are 2 people outside trying to kill me and they have guns. Hmm, you really think he was trying to kill a cop.

I have been shot at and had gun point at me, but they knew clearly who i was. From reading police report and seeing the home really need to be looked at and those officer need to get some extra training."

Seems like a bit was left out by the reporter. At 1 or 2 am anyone of us could have been securing our home with a rifle too after seeing lights in the backyard and NOT being notified they are cops.

That guy is full of shit.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:26:55 AM EST

I don't know what kind of cop that guy was, especially for 23 years, but I can tell you this: If I'm approaching a house (for any reason) at night, my neither my emergency lights nor my head lights will be activated. And yes, if there's no answer at the front door, the first thing we do is walk around the house with a flashlight. Usually to knock on a back door.

I don't know that said poster really was ever a cop, but if he was, he wasn't much of one.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:31:40 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/20/2012 5:35:50 AM EST by tc556guy]

"I love the news, I am one of his neighbors, mind you also a police officer for 23 years and never knew they were at the home till he had already come out after calling for help. They turned thier headlights off after they arrive and never had there strobes on; a big no-no. "

"The incident started when Meriden police called Wallingford police about 1:30 a.m. Wednesday and asked them to investigate a driver who was wanted on motor vehicle charges, according to the police report. The driver, who turned out to be Grella, had evaded Meriden police on his way home.

Three Wallingford officers went to Grella’s Highland Avenue home and knocked on the door. When no one answered right away, they began walking around the house."

Normal stuff. No one answered the door, so they started going around the house to find another door. Normal stuff.

Show me any agency that requires officers at the scene of a follow up to a V & T complaint..not a traffic stop, just a complaint that needed to be looked into... to have their light bar going.
As was said, the guy in the comments section is full of it

"Adam Grella told police he had been at Centerfolds in Berlin, where he works, and had consumed four beers before driving home, according to the report. He thought someone from the club was following him and therefore took back roads through Meriden to lose him."

"Grella’s father also came outside, telling police his son is “emotionally unstable,” the report said."

Impaired by alcohol and mentally unstable.
But some here will still stick up for him.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:34:23 AM EST
Originally Posted By TheJammer:
What's his username?

Don't you know Arfcommers only use the trigger as their safety?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:43:00 AM EST
This is shaping up to be awesome.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:51:11 AM EST
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:27:05 AM EST
I expected more from this thread.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:34:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/20/2012 7:36:19 AM EST by Forgetfull]
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:
Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:

I don't know what kind of cop that guy was, especially for 23 years, but I can tell you this: If I'm approaching a house (for any reason) at night, my neither my emergency lights nor my head lights will be activated. And yes, if there's no answer at the front door, the first thing we do is walk around the house with a flashlight. Usually to knock on a back door.

I don't know that said poster really was ever a cop, but if he was, he wasn't much of one.

Above.

Why the hell aren't your headlights on, Are you the CIA?

Also you'll break into someone's backyard to knock on the backdoor?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:36:33 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/20/2012 7:37:56 AM EST by Shenanigunz]
Originally Posted By Forgetfull:

Above.

Why the hell aren't your headlights on? Are you the CIA?

Because you don't want to broadcast your arrival to the drunken fucktard waiting for you with a rifle? Just a guess...

When did "walk around" turn into "break into?"
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:38:10 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/20/2012 7:39:50 AM EST by Dr_Octagon]
How do they know he pulled the trigger if the safety was on?

NVM: I see he seems to have waived his right to remain silent. Idiot.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:38:19 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/20/2012 7:43:46 AM EST by VLODPG]
Three Wallingford officers went to Grella’s Highland Avenue home and knocked on the door. When no one answered right away, they began walking around the house.

One of the officers shouted, “Whoa, he’s got a gun!” followed by several shouts of “Police! Drop the gun!” according to the police report. Another officer approaching the area noticed a man standing in the dark with what appeared to be a rifle, pointed at police.

He told police he had actually pulled the trigger and was surprised the gun didn’t fire, but then noticed the safety was still on.

Adam Grella told police he had been at Centerfolds in Berlin, where he works, and had consumed four beers before driving home, according to the report. He thought someone from the club was following him and therefore took back roads through Meriden to lose him.

When he heard the knock on the door, he thought it was the person following him, so he retrieved his Stag AR15, loaded it, grabbed an extra magazine and took position behind a bush, where he had a table set up with a bipod for the rifle, .... which was loaded with tracer rounds and armor-piercing rounds.

http://www.myrecordjournal.com/wallingford/article_34c507dc-236b-11e2-99b8-001a4bcf887a.html

This is local, 1st I have heard of it!

EDIT:

Interesting post to message board at the OP link:

neighborcop posted at 1:35 pm on Sun, Nov 4, 2012.
I love the news, I am one of his neighbors, mind you also a police officer for 23 years and never knew they were at the home till he had already come out after calling for help. They turned thier headlights off after they arrive and never had there strobes on; a big no-no. Second he is legally hearing impaired; no left side hearing and right side is less than half. The officer decided to walk around the home in the middle of the night with just a flash light, tisk-tisk. They were not well lit or easy to identify. The first thing after no answer at door would call to dispatch and get a phone number, never walk around a home for no reason at 2am. Only reason they were even there was a possible traffic ticket.
I have been shot at and had gun point at me, but they knew clearly who i was. From reading police report and seeing the home really need to be looked at and those officer need to get some extra training.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:39:33 AM EST
Originally Posted By Dr_Octagon:

From the article:

He told police he had actually pulled the trigger and was surprised the gun didn’t fire, but then noticed the safety was still on.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:41:37 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/20/2012 7:45:12 AM EST by Forgetfull]
Originally Posted By Shenanigunz:

Above.

Why the hell aren't your headlights on? Are you the CIA?

Because you don't want to broadcast your arrival to the drunken fucktard waiting for you with a rifle? Just a guess...

When did "walk around" turn into "break into?"

How does one know it's a drunk?
So "approaching a house for any reason" requires stealth mode?

Given that most houses in urban places have fences/walls someone would have to defeat them to knock on a back door.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:41:46 AM EST
I'm told this sort of thing never happens.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:42:43 AM EST
This probably happens all the time to people under stress without training. I did it the first time I went hunting. I'm just glad the USMC does five million CMP shoots so when I had to take a snapshot in country I wasn't slowed down.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:43:15 AM EST
Originally Posted By stutzcattle:
I expected more from this thread.

You just have to believe!

They'll be along soon.

Grella is a dope and shouldn't even be let near matches it sounds like.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:44:30 AM EST
What's his username?

Yep. C'mon Arfcomer, fess up!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:28:52 AM EST
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:54:14 AM EST

You know how many houses out there have fenced in front AND back yards? One way or another you have to go through a fence to get to either door.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:58:58 AM EST
Originally Posted By TheJammer:
What's his username?

Don't you know Arfcommers only use their finger as their safety?

Werd
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:12:35 AM EST
Originally Posted By John87:
Armor piercing?

my bet is on 62g green tip ss109

M193 would poke holes in soft armor, so I guess even that is "armor piercing".
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:13:51 AM EST
Well they got all the verbals overheard in there....good shoot.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:16:28 AM EST
So was he charged or what?

I think we just did this thread not to long ago. Cops walking around people's houses at night un-announced and stuff.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:19:32 AM EST
I pulled a gun on 2 guys sniffing around my yard and neighbors yards yrs ago when it was late, turned out to be bounty hunters looking for neighbor's kid.
It could happen, need more of the story. Why were they going around the house? What type of call was it?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:20:28 AM EST
IIRC, one can only set the safety on only after charging a round? So he charges a round sets the safety then immediately forgets he set the safety? God looks after fools and idiots.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:20:53 AM EST
So cops routinely trespass at 2am for someone that might have commited a traffic infraction. Got it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:27:40 AM EST
There is more to this than has come out.
The guy was on the phone to the police asking why the police were in his yard?Throw in the fact that the guy is basically deaf? How is going to hear commands that the police are giving him?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:30:28 AM EST
So a bunch of people using poor judgement, IMO, converged and something bad ALMOST happened? Meh... So what.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:41:51 AM EST

Originally Posted By Dr_Octagon:

NVM: I see he seems to have waived his right to remain silent. Idiot.

I was thinking this too. This might cost him a few more years if he's unlucky.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:41:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By Shenanigunz:

That guy is full of shit.

That jackass is not a cop.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:42:16 AM EST
Originally Posted By outofstep:
So cops routinely trespass at 2am for someone that might have commited a traffic infraction. Got it.

Fail. For the class, look up your state's trespass statute and tell us why you are wrong.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:44:41 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/20/2012 10:45:35 AM EST by rippersde50]

Originally Posted By CCW:
IIRC, one can only set the safety on only after charging a round? So he charges a round sets the safety then immediately forgets he set the safety? God looks after fools and idiots.

You can charge a round with the safety on if the hammer is already cocked.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:58:58 AM EST

Above.

How the hell are people going to know you are not a criminal? Sure acting like one, granted you should never shoot at an unidentified target, but that is not a good idea in the dark.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:05:42 AM EST
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:32:53 AM EST
Originally Posted By RetroRevolver77:
So was he charged or what?

I think we just did this thread not to long ago. Cops walking around people's houses at night un-announced and stuff.

How are you going to announce yourself to people who wont answer their door?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:45:39 AM EST
If cops don't announce themselves when they are sneaking around in my backyard, how do I know not to shoot them. If they shine a flashlight in my eyes and point a gun at me I'll probably do bad things. This is contingent on me being aware of them being cops or not.

Sneaking around someone's backyard in the middle of the night is just stupid. If I see someone in mine, I'll be armed. When two armed people encounter each other in the dark chances are something awkward is about to happen.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:54:41 PM EST
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top