Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:59:24 PM EDT
[#1]

If the napkin won't wipe, your claim is made of tripe.

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Judge should rule in his favor and order McDonald's to give him one more napkin.
View Quote

Plus the bill for all legal fees and court costs.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Case dismissed.

Plaintiff will pay XXXX thousand dollars in court costs.

Next.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Case dismissed.

Next.
View Quote
Good luck collecting.

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Good luck collecting.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Case dismissed.

Next.
Good luck collecting.  

The court always collects.  It's either pay up or go to jail until you do.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:26:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
McDonalds has made a new golden arch enemy -- a California man is suing the company for $1.5 MILLION ... because he says he only got ONE NAPKIN with his meal.

Webster Lucas claims he was stiffed on napkins at the Mickey D's in Pacoima, CA on January 29th -- after ordering a Quarter Pounder Deluxe -- and when he went up to the counter to ask for more, he was rudely rebuffed by the manager ... who insisted he already got some.

According to his lawsuit, Lucas -- who is black -- then retorted, "I should have went to eat at the Jack-in-the-Box because I didn't come here to argue over napkins. I came here to eat."

That's when Lucas says things got racist -- claiming the manager (a Mexican-American) mumbled something about "you people."

Lucas subsequently emailed the general manager to complain -- insisting he couldn't work because of the "undue mental anguish" he was suffering as a result of the napkin debacle -- and says he was insultingly offered free burgers in return.

Lucas wants to super size instead -- $1.5 million.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/27/mcdonalds-webster-lucas-napkin-lawsuit/#ixzz2ua1tHb00
View Quote

That was predictable....

BTW, McDonald's really does have a black website, so they *are* racist, but not in the way that guy claims.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:32:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Some black people are really way overy "touchy" about shit.  Some are not.  Same with homosexuals.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:35:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What attorney would take that case?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:41:09 PM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i58.tinypic.com/25p2yrs.jpg

Touché.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well I'm glad his coffee wasn't too hot.

How much did that women get?
View Quote

I don't mean to pick nits with you, but supposedly during discovery it was revealed that Mickey Dee's HQ knew their coffee was too hot, and that their lids/cups were if-ey.  The reason behind them cranking up the heat on the coffee was so that the sit down and lobby areas would get filled with the smell of coffee, and they would sell more.

Also, AFAIK, the woman was burnt or scalded so bad  in or on her genitals that the burn treatment required scrubbing the dead skin off, I guess, on a daily basis.

Imagine taking a bristle brush to your nutsack, vigorously.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:02:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I don't mean to pick nits with you, but supposedly during discovery it was revealed that Mickey Dee's HQ knew their coffee was too hot, and that their lids/cups were if-ey.  The reason behind them cranking up the heat on the coffee was so that the sit down and lobby areas would get filled with the smell of coffee, and they would sell more.

Also, AFAIK, the woman was burnt or scalded so bad  in or on her genitals that the burn treatment required scrubbing the dead skin off, I guess, on a daily basis.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If I remember, she was holding the cup between her legs with the lid off while driving, trying to mix in creamer or sugar.

I don't know about you, but if I tried to hold a fresh cup of coffee in my crotch with the lid removed in a moving vehicle, I'd blame myself if I got burned.

Good old Stella Lieback, I think was her name.

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:04:01 PM EDT
[#12]
HAHA!   Thats funny...   Coffee burns, anyone?
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

HAHA!   Thats funny...   Coffee burns, anyone?
View Quote

Without a warning on the cup, how are we to know it's hot enough to burn us?

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:05:18 PM EDT
[#14]
"we apologize for underestimating how much of a slob you are and didn't know you would require a diaper for your face"
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:08:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
McDonalds has made a new golden arch enemy -- a California man is suing the company for $1.5 MILLION ... because he says he only got ONE NAPKIN with his meal.

Webster Lucas claims he was stiffed on napkins at the Mickey D's in Pacoima, CA on January 29th -- after ordering a Quarter Pounder Deluxe -- and when he went up to the counter to ask for more, he was rudely rebuffed by the manager ... who insisted he already got some.

According to his lawsuit, Lucas -- who is black -- then retorted, "I should have went to eat at the Jack-in-the-Box because I didn't come here to argue over napkins. I came here to eat."

That's when Lucas says things got racist -- claiming the manager (a Mexican-American) mumbled something about "you people."

Lucas subsequently emailed the general manager to complain -- insisting he couldn't work because of the "undue mental anguish" he was suffering as a result of the napkin debacle -- and says he was insultingly offered free burgers in return.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/27/mcdonalds-webster-lucas-napkin-lawsuit/#ixzz2ua1tHb00

Russell & Tate Law Firm!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:15:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After seeing her injuries on a different website, she deserved every dime.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:27:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Lucas actually has a job? I doubt it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:32:26 PM EDT
[#18]
It's a good thing the manager didn't throw a napkin at him, that's a hate crime felony in California and the customer would be within his rights to
shoot him
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:33:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

It's a good thing the manager didn't throw a napkin at him, that's a hate crime felony in California and the customer would be within his rights to

shoot him
View Quote

It's important to remember that if you're going to hit someone with a napkin, make sure they aren't black.

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:33:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Yer supposed to eat it, not wear it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:34:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That was predictable....

BTW, McDonald's really does have a black website, so they *are* racist, but not in the way that guy claims.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was predictable....

Da Fuk?
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:34:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
shoot him
View Quote

Or popcorn.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:35:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:36:39 PM EDT
[#24]

insisting he couldn't work because of the "undue mental anguish" he was suffering as a result of the napkin debacle -- and says he was insultingly offered free burgers in return.

View Quote

If you're that much of a fuckup, might as well just kill yourself. You aren't going to be doing anything valuable anyway.

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:39:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Judge should rule in his favor and order McDonald's to give him one more napkin.
View Quote

This and ban him from all McDonald restaurants
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:43:38 PM EDT
[#26]
They do seem have this thing where they only give one or two napkins, no matter what you order. On the rare occasions I eat McDonald's, I always ask for extra napkins. They still hand over one or two. Finally, I went through with my daughter after school one day. She wanted a drink and some fries. Same thing.

I asked the drive thru halfwit for extra napkins. She handed me two. I told her, that's too many. I only need half that many, and handed one back to her. She took it back, but then didn't seem to know what to do with it. My daughter thought it was the funniest thing she ever saw, and loves to tell that story.        

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be a favorable judgement for the plaintiff.

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I wouldn't be opposed to a judge walking down to the man, slapping him across the face and ruling in McD's favor.
View Quote

Advocating violence against minorities? Classy! And people wonder why gun owners have a rep for being racist...

j/k
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:46:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I actually agree with you; I just like using this pic.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:47:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, the herp and derp about this case in GD typically never fails through the years.
It was proved in court McDs. brewed their crappy, cheap beans 30-35 degrees hotter than recommended to extract max profit from them. McDonald's also knew that the extra profit would offset the occasional awards for 3rd degree burns caused by their willful  negligence and resulting lawsuits. IIRC, they initially offered her about $800. Also the usual claims of the "millions " she got was actually a fraction of the $400K +/- judgement after the lawyers took their cut.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:51:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yeah, the herp and derp about this case in GD typically never fails through the years.
It was proved in court McDs. brewed their crappy, cheap beans 30-35 degrees hotter than recommended to extract max profit from them. McDonald's also knew that the extra profit would offset the occasional awards for 3rd degree burns caused by their willful  negligence and resulting lawsuits. IIRC, they initially offered her about $800. Also the usual claims of the "millions " she got was actually a fraction of the $400K +/- judgement after the lawyers took their cut.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She underwent skin grafts too...

My ex-fiancee had scars on her thighs from a ramen noodle incident.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:54:45 PM EDT
[#32]
First world problem.  

Meaning it's a problem for the first world when third worlders use the court system to shake down first worlders.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:54:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And yet, she still put hot coffee between her legs, yes?  Or was that false, as well?  Was a long time ago.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
In what law book does "you people" always mean black?
View Quote

H. Ross Perot's
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 10:29:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
White napkins too.  Clearly racist.
View Quote

Genius. Pure unadulterated genius.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 10:45:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Hey, if you can't hit the lottery....make your own
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 10:50:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 11:25:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Which one?  The idiot guy suing or the idiot guy that refuses to give napkins to customers?z
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a loser.

Which one?  The idiot guy suing or the idiot guy that refuses to give napkins to customers?z

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 11:31:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 11:34:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Not super related to this thread, but I think it would be funny if someone shot a mcdonald's commercial with typical customers. eg. 350lb lady with facial hair, thong and manly voice saying i'm lovin it
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 11:55:52 PM EDT
[#41]
this aggression will not stand man
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 12:00:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Didnt Governor Moonbeam declare a napkin shortage in Kalifornia?  

Link Posted: 2/28/2014 12:56:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Webster is a cunt
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 1:00:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/28/2014 1:49:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What lawyer is going to represent this guy, given it's a percentage and a lot of court time.
View Quote

Lawyers are probably lining up at his door.

Most attorneys take 1/3 of the settlement plus expenses.  That would be 1/2 mil plus if they win.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 1:54:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If you're that much of a fuckup, might as well just kill yourself. You aren't going to be doing anything valuable anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
insisting he couldn't work because of the "undue mental anguish" he was suffering as a result of the napkin debacle -- and says he was insultingly offered free burgers in return.

You really think the guy had a real "9 to 5" job?

He probably just couldn't pick up bottles and cans on the side of the road.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 2:14:34 AM EDT
[#47]
$1.5 million dollars is selling his dignity rather cheaply.  ("Madam, we have already established what you are, now we are negotiating your fee")
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 2:16:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

STOP!    NOW!
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 2:31:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Spot on!

Link Posted: 2/28/2014 2:44:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Just use your shirt sleeve.  Gimme Gimme. Retard. Award him exactly 1 napkin.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top