Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/12/2006 12:08:10 PM EDT
Man Shoots Himself To Death During Chippenham Parkway Traffic Stop    
01-12-2006 1:51 PM

(Chester, VA) -- State police are reporting a Henrico County man shot himself to death after being stopped for speeding on Chippenham Parkway. Authorities say a state trooper clocked 25-year-old Jeffrey Brooks going 75 miles an hour in a 60 zone on Chippenham between Hull Street and Belmont Road early Tuesday morning, and attempted to pull him over. State police Sergeant Kevin Barrack says the trooper activated his blue lights and noticed Brooks' vehicle slow down and start pulling to the right. The trooper then saw a bright flash in the car and the driver's window blew out. The trooper, in fact, thought he was being shot at and drove past the vehicle and took cover. Another trooper vehicle arrived and noticed the car stopped and the driver slumped over in the seat. Brooks had a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head and was pronounced dead at the scene. Police say they have not determined why Brooks committed suicide.

The article never mentions the dog so I guess his ploy to give the dog enough time to escape worked.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:09:12 PM EDT
[#1]
This is like 10 minutes from me!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Good for him.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:12:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably dicided that offing himself was abetter way to "not go back to jail" then killing a cop and trying to stay "free"

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:14:53 PM EDT
[#4]
WTF does the dog have to do with this story?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

New here, huh?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Hang out a little longer around this board and you'll find out.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:21:21 PM EDT
[#7]
that's fucked!!!   Out of all the times Ive been pulled or arrested, I never once considered suicide as the solution.

-HS
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:23:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

(Chester, VA) -- State police are reporting a Henrico County man shot himself to death after being stopped for speeding on Chippenham Parkway. Authorities say a state trooper clocked 25-year-old Jeffrey Brooks going 75 miles an hour in a 60 zone on Chippenham between Hull Street and Belmont Road early Tuesday morning, and attempted to pull him over. State police Sergeant Kevin Barrack says the trooper activated his blue lights and noticed Brooks' vehicle slow down and start pulling to the right. The trooper then saw a bright flash in the car and the driver's window blew out. The trooper, in fact, thought he was being shot at and drove past the vehicle and took cover. Another trooper vehicle arrived and noticed the car stopped and the driver slumped over in the seat. Brooks had a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head and was pronounced dead at the scene. Police say they have not determined why Brooks committed suicide.

The article never mentions the dog so I guess his ploy to give the dog enough time to escape worked.

What a pathetic attempt to stir up the usual cop hatred on GD....the old worn out dog cliche' no less.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hang out a little longer around this board and you'll find out.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:30:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a pathetic attempt to stir up the usual cop hatred on GD....the old worn out dog cliche' no less.

+1 This shit is soooo stale
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:31:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know where you;ve been since 2001, but it's obviously not been around this board because this whole dog and cops thing has become a fucking joke. If it's that much of an issue for you maybe you need to take a break from the site. I supose you gave Bama-Shooter the same shit for his thread yesterday too.

We all recognise the joke, if yu don't then slowly step away from the keyboard and go do something else.....

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:39:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I bet the cat did it
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:41:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:45:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Another story says there was alcohol on his breath. Maybe he thought that since his life would be over if he got a DUI, he would just expedite the result.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Another story says there was alcohol on his breath. Maybe he thought that since his life would be over if he got a DUI, he would just expedite the result.

+1....might have just had a couple drinks, but held a job where a DUI meant losing his job/being kicked out of his field.  That would literally bring your whole f-ing world down around your head.

What a shame.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:55:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know where you;ve been since 2001, but it's obviously not been around this board because this whole dog and cops thing has become a fucking joke. If it's that much of an issue for you maybe you need to take a break from the site. I supose you gave Bama-Shooter the same shit for his thread yesterday too.

We all recognise the joke, if yu don't then slowly step away from the keyboard and go do something else.....

I do get it pal.  I get that it's a canned formula to incite the cop bashers and initiate the daily, worn out cop hater thread.
I have no idea about "Bama-Shooter's" thread yesterday, nor am I inclined to much give a shit about his posts.
The originator of the thread took a plain vanilla article about some idiot killing himself on a traffic stop, and inserted his own agenda creating a dog controversy that wasn't even there just to start some shit.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:05:44 PM EDT
[#17]
one moron down how many more to go
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
[I do get it pal.  I get that it's a canned formula to incite the cop bashers and initiate the daily, worn out cop hater thread.
I have no idea about "Bama-Shooter's" thread yesterday, nor am I inclined to much give a shit about his posts.
The originator of the thread took a plain vanilla article about some idiot killing himself on a traffic stop, and inserted his own agenda creating a dog controversy that wasn't even there just to start some shit.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:12:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do get it pal.  I get that it's a canned formula to incite the cop bashers and initiate the daily, worn out cop hater thread.

Seems like it worked pretty good, too.

Got a non-stop trickle of shit rolling out of you, didn't it?

Go back to the bat cave, Bruce.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:16:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:16:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I thought of it as the obligatory dog joke. If I were to read any meaning into it, I would understand it to highlight the absurdity of the knee jerk cop bashing sterotype that the cops will kick down your doors, violate your rights and rape your wife and shoot your dog for fun. In short, I see it as cop basher bashing rather than cop bashing *shrug*

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#22]
does the story mention how many times the body was tasered?

I kid, I kid...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:30:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I kid, I kid...

Prolly jolted his ass a few times when he failed to comply with the order to exit the vehicle.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#24]
So, was I out of line when I left the range one day...  walked past 6-7 uniformed deputies hovered around an open trunk...  and said "Got a box of donuts in there?"  

Geez, take a joke will ya?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I kid, I kid...

couldn't have been a JBT the body didn't catch on fire...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:32:52 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
This is like 10 minutes from me!

Where were you on the night of..... actually I think the dog did it and covered his tracks real smooth.

Lord, I am a bad person for even kidding about this.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:34:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
So, was I out of line when I left the range one day...  walked past 6-7 uniformed deputies hovered around an open trunk...  and said "Got a box of donuts in there?"  

No not out of line at all-actually quite witty and original, I'm sure those  deputies have never heard a cop/donut reference before.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Woah, what happened to this thread!  That was hilarious!

Fuggin cat....
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Ahhhh, another practical example of Mr Darwin's theory!

The only bad thing is that one of us is going to have to hunt down a stray dog before it injures a child or hard working officer.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:38:27 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Ahhhh, another practical example of Mr Darwin's theory!

The only bad thing is that one of us is going to have to hunt down a stray dog before it injures a child or hard working officer.

Now that was at least semi-funny
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Geez, what a tizzy.  

I've never stood among the cop bashers (quite the opposite, actually) but I got the joke and got a laugh out of it.  

Holy crap, someone made a joke in GD? I didn't think that was allowed.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No not out of line at all-actually quite witty and original, I'm sure those  deputies have never heard a cop/donut reference before.

Considering the speed they spun around (enough to power a small village) I guess they were a bit surprised someone would actually say it to them.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:49:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+ Fucking 1.

Here's a tip for the boys in blue...If YOU have NEVER shot a dog then we aren't talking about YOU.

This should be understood and committed to memory.

Lots of cops on this board, we usually aren't talking about the VAST MAJORITY of them.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:50:13 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I kid, I kid...

Prolly jolted his ass a few times when he failed to comply with the order to exit the vehicle.

At that point don't the police usually "send in the dog."

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+ Fucking 1.

Here's a tip for the boys in blue...If YOU have NEVER shot a dog then we aren't talking about YOU.

Lots of cops on this board, we usually aren't talking about the VAST MAJORITY of them.

Like you don't get defensive when somebody posts talking shit about FFL's...
Hey it ain't so much about the cop bashin' that's mildly irritating, it's the stale material.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:55:57 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Considering the speed they spun around (enough to power a small village) I guess they were a bit surprised someone would actually say it to them.

Did they then shoot your dog?  Is your dog OK?  Damn I'm funny, get it get it?   HAHAHAHAHAHA I crack myself up .
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:56:24 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1....might have just had a couple drinks, but held a job where a DUI meant losing his job/being kicked out of his field.  That would literally bring your whole f-ing world down around your head.

What a shame.

what a fatalist...if this is the case.  It really would have only set him back a few years....
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+ Fucking 1.

Hey it ain't so much about the cop bashin' that's mildly irritating, it's the stale material.

Lighten Up, Francis.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:57:20 PM EDT
[#39]
No pride in worksmanship anymore.  That's why you keep getting the same old dried out quotes.  It's sort of like buying rubber barf in bulk from China.

As for the bullet catcher,  one loser down, several million to go.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:11:34 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Isn't it time to change the stick up your ass?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

pal.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:23:06 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I address things when they concern or deal with ALL FFLs.

But when somebody is posting about some dealer at a gunshow selling his "preban" AK mags for $35.00 each I don't say a peep.

Cause they ain't talking about me.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:25:17 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But when somebody is posting about some dealer at a gunshow selling his "preban" AK mags for $35.00 each I don't say a peep.

You forgot to say "pal".
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:27:34 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But of course they are!  It's the tin-foil Konspiracy! All customers really do hate FFLs, and we all charge ridiculous amounts for everything, including the dreaded Transfer Fee! Such is perfectly equated to the mass murder of household pets, perpetrated daily by the scores of lockstep LEO troopers dispatched to suburban neighborhoods throughout Amerika.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:31:29 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Aren't you guys grown men?  I always hear about how tough cops are, they can get the job done, they put their lives at risk every day, etc. etc. yet you guys cry when some dude you don't even know on the internet makes a poor attempt at humor.  "Waaah!  He's making fun of cops!  Waaaah!"  

Who gives a fuck what some stranger posts on the internet about your fucking job?  
Grow a pair why don't you?

Do me and the people of your city a favor and quit.  I don't think you have what it takes to be a cop.  You're too sensitive.  What do you do when people yell at you?  Do you run back to your vehicle and cry?  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#47]
but true
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aren't you guys grown men?  I always hear about how tough cops are, they can get the job done, they put their lives at risk every day, etc. etc. yet you guys cry when some dude you don't even know on the internet makes a poor attempt at humor.  "Waaah!  He's making fun of cops!  Waaaah!"  

Who gives a fuck what some stranger posts on the internet about your fucking job?  

Hey, ya know, yous talk real tough dere, asshole, why don't yous come on out in the open, and i'll give yous a ride around town in da back o'my squad car. We'll see how much of a internet tough guy you are den.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:36:35 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, ya know, yous talk real tough dere, asshole, why don't yous come on out in the open, and i'll give yous a ride around town in da back o'my squad car. We'll see how much of a internet tough guy you are den.

I don't have anything to prove.  I'm not the one who gets upset when complete strangers I don't know make fun of my profession.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:37:05 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't have anything to prove.  I'm not the one who gets upset when complete strangers I don't know make fun of my profession.

Neither am I.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top