Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2003 3:36:16 PM EDT
Had I been a relative or a victim that survived, I would sue the fuck out of the fucking state!

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/06/29/supermarket.killings.ap/index.html[/url]

here's a winning quote from the article:
[red] "We're in Irvine, California," said Denese Ecker, who works at another Albertson's. "You just don't think things like this will happen. It makes you think about what's important." [/red]

Hey dumbass, here's what's important:[b]Taking responsibility for your own safety by arming yourself!![/b]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#1]
But if somebody had been armed the BG might have been shot.  Then we'd have three dead people.  Nobody want's that.  Just think of the children.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Some dude with a history of mental problems wasted three dudes and himself yesterday in some sleazy residential hotel down in San Francisco's Red Light District.  He was said to have used a semi-automatic handgun.

He killed the first victims in the lobby so they probably never saw it coming.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#3]
And Senator Diane Finstien wants to do WHAT!!
Ahhh Kalifornia a place that I dont want to be,
3,500 miles of separation is just about right.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 4:51:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe he needed an Oreo fix?
[BD]

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#6]
BAN KNIVES!!!
That should solve everything- nothing like this will ever happen again that way.

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
BAN KNIVES!!!
[rolleyes]
View Quote
yes, think of the children!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:08:08 PM EDT
[#8]
No community is crime free. Arm yourself, stay alive.
Just a thought.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Was it a knife or sword?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:06:27 PM EDT
[#10]
In California and in a grocery store...did the cops call for Cobra to get the bad guy?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:08:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Knife, my ass.  It was a fucking samurai sword. This is the third sword attack I've read about this year.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:11:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:51:50 PM EDT
[#13]
This happened just down the street at the store I usually do my shopping at. It was quite shocking to hear about and sad to think about. Irvine is one of the few really conservative cities in California and is in Orange County which is relatively conservative. Unfortunately we have to live with these liberals in control of the government.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:53:59 PM EDT
[#14]
1. Irvine is not a "safe" city. Irvine has some freaks in it, like the Biofirm doctor who buried full auto weapons under his patio, along with biological weapons, and tried to assinate his business partner.

2. It was a sword, not a knife.

3. Orange County hands out CCW permits pretty freely. In fact it's easier to get a permit in OC than in some "Shall issue" states like Michigan, that disqualify people for petty misdemeanors.

4. Someone did shoot the BG. The first cop on scene center punched him, and he later died at the hospital. But cops cant shoot straight, so I'm sure several innocent people and dogs were killed in the process.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:55:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Nearly 10% of all knife attacts occur in California!
View Quote

And We have 12% of the country's population.  Now there's an eye opener [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:04:46 PM EDT
[#16]

[url=http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/news/062903_nw_samurai_attack.html]KABC LA News:[/url]Two Dead in Samurai Attack in Irvine
View Quote

Was this a preban sword?

And why do they emphasize it was a "samurai" attack!? Was the man a Japanese native of samurai heritage? Are they implying that this is how all Japanese people or samurai warriors behave?

Sounds like Nippophobia to me!!!

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Aren't samurai swords banned in Australia? Oh wait this is California. My bad

CRC
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:36:29 PM EDT
[#18]
How come you never hear of things like this happening in areas where many people have CCW?  We just can't trust citizens w/ guns, though [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:51:32 PM EDT
[#19]
2 people were murdered??? Oh Great... Now Irvine's murder rate has doubled this year.

Actually Irvine is relatively safe. Irvine PD pretty much dont take crap. If a gang starts up, the cops start "hanging around" their homes until they move on... and if it somewhere else in Irvine well... the cops hang around there as well... until the gang just leaves.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:22:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
2 people were murdered??? Oh Great... Now Irvine's murder rate has doubled this year.

Actually Irvine is relatively safe. Irvine PD pretty much dont take crap. If a gang starts up, the cops start "hanging around" their homes until they move on... and if it somewhere else in Irvine well... the cops hang around there as well... until the gang just leaves.

View Quote

Well Irvine had 1 murder in 2002 and 0 in 2001, so it did more than that. (from FBI UCR)
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:47:28 AM EDT
[#21]
I heard two workers were killed.

Maybe they could've excercised their right to carry a concealed weapon because it was inside their place of their business.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:33:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The point that Denese Ecker is trying to make is that Irvine is a safe city distant from the strife of South (Central) Los Angeles and that like all humans death makes us seek the more important things in life.

[RED]Typical - blame the state for an act of violence in an attempt to get rich.[/RED]
View Quote

Were you referring to me, Paul? My point (had I been a surviving victim, or a relative of one of the deceased) was to sue the state for not allowing you to exercise your right to defend yourself, not for monetary gain.  

And how did you know what you said was the POINT that Denese Ecker was trying to make?

Saying that Irvine is safe as opposed to L.A. is really not saying much is it? Should Irvine residents just stay within the confines of the city? Where's the city border line  they shouldn't cross lest they jeopardize their safety?  Why should a citizen wait for a cop to show up to defend him/herself?  
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:44:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

And We have 12% of the country's population.  Now there's an eye opener [rolleyes]
View Quote

It would probably be less than 10% if not for the high numbers of Mexicans here. Knife attacks are their forte.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:03:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Irvine is generally a safe city and conservative to boot. A very nice area.

The problem in this state is people have a false sense of security. They move into a nice area, far from crime, and believe they are safe.

Like that woman who was killed in Lafayette, an area of $1+ million homes. The scumbags took BART to Lafayette, walked a mile or so to her block, saw the garage door was open, and walked in. Raped her, killed her and stole her Mercedes minivan.

Although scumbags like these guys stick out like a sore thumb, who's there to see them? Most women in that area work and the kids are at school. During the day it's a ghost town.

In my immediate area, there has been one home burglary in 23 years, the last murder was in 1984 or so, but regardless, I keep the doors locked and always have quick access to a firearm. Call me paranoid.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:37:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Irvine is generally a safe city and conservative to boot. A very nice area.

The problem in this state is people have a false sense of security. They move into a nice area, far from crime, and believe they are safe.

View Quote

That is such a true statement.. I cannot believe how many people here leave their doors unlocked and windows wide open. I have customers that tell me all the time..."Im not home but just go right on in... the door is open"

WTF??

And my wife thinks I am paranoid because not only we are armed and have a dog but we have a security system as well... Hey my home might not be a mansion or have priceless art but IT IS MY HOME AND WHAT IS IN IT, IS MINE!

Last holiday season we had someone break into our LOCKED mailbox and take our Christmas cards. All there were, were pics of my daughters.. no money but still you feel violated when some scumbag has his filthy low class hands all over stuff that doesnt belong to him (or her... Equal Opportunity and all)
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:45:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By redray

Saying that Irvine is safe as opposed to L.A. is really not saying much is it? Should Irvine residents just stay within the confines of the city? Where's the city border line  they shouldn't cross lest they jeopardize their safety?  Why should a citizen wait for a cop to show up to defend him/herself?  
View Quote

Lets be honest. Living in Irvine does not come remotely close to living in Los Angeles. In fact L.A. is surrounded by cities that are well below the national averages for crimes such as Thousand Oaks, Rancho Cucamonga, Simi Valley.

For the record
2001 FBI Uniform Crime Reports (released 11/02)
Burlington, Vermont/Irvine, California
Murder:  0/ 0.7
forceable rape: 32.0/ 13.7
robbery: 144.9/ 36.3
aggravated asault: 323.6/ 100.8
burglary: 728.4/ 529.9
larceny: 2475.3/ 1319.6
motor vehicle theft: 414.2/ 198.1

California, where else!??  Shit happens everywhere don't matter if it is a CCW state or not. Wish I could carry though.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#27]
IRVINE, California (AP) -- Police shot and killed a sword-wielding man Joseph Hunter Parker, described by relatives as schizophrenic after he slashed and killed two former co-workers and wounded three other people at a supermarket where he used to bag groceries.
------------------------------------------------
Thank GOD he did not use an ASSAULT WEAPON!!

Funny thing is, If you had been there and shot him after the first victim, you would be the one on trial.

I'm going to get off my ass and schedule my CCW class Today.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:20:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

[url=http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/news/062903_nw_samurai_attack.html]KABC LA News:[/url]Two Dead in Samurai Attack in Irvine
View Quote

And why do they emphasize it was a "samurai" attack!? Was the man a Japanese native of samurai heritage? Are they implying that this is how all Japanese people or samurai warriors behave?

View Quote

Well at least we know he wasn't a Ninja.
Although he DID flip out, he failed to cut off any heads...

On a side note, I this is a nice touch from the KABC news link:
[img]http://i.abclocal.go.com/@v=0636777@/images/kabc/kabc_020402_ontario_ois1.jpg[/img]

Makes it look like guns were involved, even though the only guns used were in the hands of the police.  I guess they didn't have any stock footage with samurai swords.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:30:01 AM EDT
[#29]
If Samurai swords are outlawed......only outlaws wil have Samurai swords.

There is no legitimate sporting use for Samurai swords.

Wouldn't you like to be "On the scene" to cap one of these Jerk-offs?

Gosh I would!

"HEY ASSHOLE! DROP THE SWORD NOW OR DOWN YOU GO! I DON'T CARE WHAT THE VOICES TELL YOU. THIS VOICE IS THE ONE TO LISTEN TO."
BAAAM! BAAAM!

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:30:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Problem begun with a samurai sword.

Problem ended with an M4!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top