User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2011 4:42:03 PM EDT
http://www.pocononews.net/news/2011/May/01/01May11-1.html

Man jailed after firing at Jehovah’s Witnesses

PRICE TWP – A Monroe County man who allegedly fired five shots into  
the ground because two Jehovah’s Witnesses were too slow in leaving his
property, is in jail, facing several criminal charges.   The  incident
happened late Saturday morning, in the 400 block of Schoolhouse Road.

William Kalapach, 59, responded after two female two  
missionaries, ages 53 and 18, went to the front door.  His wife
reportedly asked them to leave.  According to one media report, the
woman  insisted their home was a "Catholic home” and claimed her husband
was just  defending their property, after, she claims, the witnesses
ignored initial requests to leave.  

MISSIONARY FIGHT !!

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:48:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Weenie-wagging was not effective?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:50:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Jehovahs are nice enough but keep coming back for me despite my obvious lack of interest. Best I can figure, I must really look like I need the help...

No real problem with missionaries but if I'm doing something I don't answer the door for them either. They're not invited guests.

Not sure why anyone needs to be put in jail for shooting the ground. Is the ground going to be OK?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:54:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Yeah, he needed to shoot because those JW home invasions are legendary.

Enjoy your jail time Elroy.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#4]
JWs keep coming when I let them know to stay away. One time I asked them to leave, and one woman asked me if I wanted an object on my porch, or could she have it. I told her to keep her greedy eyes off my property and get the F off!

I wouldn't convict.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Jehovahs are nice enough but keep coming back for me despite my obvious lack of interest. Best I can figure, I must really look like I need the help...

No real problem with missionaries but if I'm doing something I don't answer the door for them either. They're not invited guests.

Not sure why anyone needs to be put in jail for shooting the ground. Is the ground going to be OK?

Touching off a few rounds as a way to put an exclamation point on the end of your sentence is a good way to get shot.

Stupid move.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:57:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm probably one of the few evangelicals to have had the dubious distinction of being asked to leave a JW's house.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:00:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Touching off a few rounds as a way to put an exclamation point on the end of your sentence is a good way to get shot.

Stupid move.

No argument here. But if someone refuses to leave, and I happened to have been shooting on my property, and I resume shooting on my property, and they're scared...
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stupid move.

No argument here. But if someone refuses to leave, and I happened to have been shooting on my property, and I resume shooting on my property, and they're scared...

That isn't what happened.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Heretics had it coming...
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Good shoot
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:06:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'm probably one of the few evangelicals to have had the dubious distinction of being asked to leave a JW's house.

Now THAT'S what I call obnoxious.  

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:07:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Trust me, they can dish it out much better than they can take it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Two weeks ago it was amish. Last week it was quakers. Now it's Jehovah Witnesses?

I thought a memo went out about this stuff?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:14:59 PM EDT
[#15]
He should have been given a key to the city.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#16]
NO TRESSPASSING sign will keep them away not NO SOLICITING.The shooting was a little overboard but what do I know.If he was in city limits he is screwed and did it to himself!I know some are very pushy but I wouldnt break out the hardware for a holier than thou hypocrite.Maybe a sprinkler turned on or an open robe but not a firearm.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:25:08 PM EDT
[#17]
What is his screen name?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:30:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Ive told them many times to leave me be, but they keep coming back, you would think they would put you on a list.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:35:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Kalapach is in the Monroe County Jail.  He faces one count of aggravated assault and five counts each of terroristic threats and reckless endangerment.

He may have committed a crime, but I don't see how it could be among those for which he was arrested.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#20]
I have NO TRESSPASSING signs on both sides of my driveway which is 80 yards long.  We live very rural and these fucking JW's kept coming back.
My wife's Italian New York attitude came out and she ran them off 3 seperate times, I wasnt home.  Then they come back and I am there this time.  My wife sees their van pulling into our drive and goes ballistic saying those stupid fuckers are back.  
I went to the door and spoke through the screen as they started to get out of their van.  I yelled at them to stop right there, get back in your van and get off my property.  They still wanted to talk and I was pissed by now and just opened the door and let a 110 pounds of pissed off snarling AMSTAF out.  I didnt know a fat old fucker could move so fast and they havent been back.  We do have a sign that says Beware of dog.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stupid move.

Huh?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:37:28 PM EDT
[#22]
I've always heard that telling them you are excommunicated will get them to leave immediately, as they are not supposed to talk to you.

Allegedly works for Mormons too.

Never tried it in person, as we rarely get either and when we do I just don't open the door.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I went to elementary school with some JWs, but they never invited me to their birthday parties. Stuck-up jerks.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:38:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stupid move.

What did he actually do to the visitors?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:38:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Trust me, they can dish it out much better than they can take it.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Lots of internetz to you, Sir.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:40:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went to elementary school with some JWs, but they never invited me to their birthday parties. Stuck-up jerks.

LOL!

I have nothing personal against them - I just hate the way they peddle their beliefs, but can't handle having them examined by others.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Ive told them many times to leave me be, but they keep coming back, you would think they would put you on a list.

Tell them you are with SILENT LAMBS they wont come back!You can ask to be put on a do not call list but there is entertaiment with gullible people that keep coming back!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Since nobody's posted this yet...
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:43:47 PM EDT
[#30]
You didnt ask them to say the Pledge of Allegiance did you? The ones that come to my house periodically dont come as often anymore since they found out I was Baptist........my neighbor asked them to say the Pledge with him and they left real quick

Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not a matter of being obnoxious, its a matter of them being very sensitive to conversing with those who understand the Bible better then they do and are willing to speak the truth.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:46:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stupid move.

You're going to have to go down that path of stupidity by yourself tonight.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:59:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Once again the end result of an idiot with a firearm.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#34]
KNOCK,KNOCK
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:16:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stupid move.

You're going to have to go down that path of stupidity by yourself tonight.

I understand that you have certain limitations that prevent you from formulating a coherent answer to my question. I assumed that after all these years you would have learned to work around them. You have my sympathy, and my apology for embarrassing you.

For those who are not differently abled, he didn't shoot at them. He didn't point a gun at them. There is nothing in the article that suggests that he threatened to shoot them or to shoot at them. He fired into the ground while they were in his yard.  If there is a law against shooting in that general area or within a certain distance from a house, I could see a charge for that, but the story gives no hint of any crime of which the JWs were victims.

Any guesses as to how the listed charges were formulated, or was something just thrown together to answer the inarticulate outrage of the JWs, which we have heard echoed in this thread?

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:32:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I understand that you have certain limitations that prevent you from formulating a coherent answer to my question. I assumed that after all these years you would have learned to work around them. You have my sympathy, and my apology for embarrassing you.

Ah, that's cute.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got that joke.

By the way, they don't excommunicate you, they "disfellowship" you.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Tresspasser refuse to leave after being asked several times. Why are they not in jail too?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:54:42 PM EDT
[#39]
I work with two of them. Both nice guys. I work with one of them quite often. I make him listen to Glenn Beck and Rush!

We've had a few "talks" and I've had one of them at a loss for words. (I'm an Atheist)  

I consider both of them good friends but they know what to expect when they start talking about religion.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:12:36 PM EDT
[#40]

JWs don't come around my part of the world anymore. Not that I miss them.

The Mormons that used to come around were far more tolerable than the Jehovah's Witnesses. Those young men with name tags and white shirts/ties would walk or ride bicycles most everywhere they went, only using a Church provided Toyota econobox when necessary.

The JWs, on the other hand, were always cruising around in their Lincolns and Caddies paid for by "gub'mint checks", and dudded up to the point of gaudiness in their so-called "Sunday Best". And they were a hell of a lot more pushy than the Mormons. They wouldn't take no for an answer half the fucking time. It got to the point where I answered the door politely with a .45 in a holster on my belt, and politely rebuffed them. They never came back to my door. .

Most of the others in my community were outright hostile (lots of Methodists and Baptists around here), and less polite than I was. They eventually stopped coming.

The only reason the Mormons stopped coming was the lack of available missionaries in this Ward, to the best of my knowledge. I dunno.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:20:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Tresspasser refuse to leave after being asked several times. Why are they not in jail too?

Dont bring common sense into GD!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Growing up my dad told me stories of JW’s coming around, he said after WWII a lot of folks did not like them because most everyone lost somebody in the war but JW’s did not go because it was against their religion. My dad said you could always tell their cars because the back glass and trunks were shot up. They built a church in Winnsboro TX. Some of the town’s folks blew up the Church took the pastor tied him to a truck and drug him up and down the street. That did not kill him so they hung him from a street sign. The sign cut through the rope and he fell. They left him for dead.  A doctor in town got him and doctored him up and got him out of town.  A couple of weeks later the doctor disappeared.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:56:10 PM EDT
[#43]
OSAMA BIN SUCKIN PIG DICK IS DEAD!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:01:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

If you call their hall and let them know you do not wish to be contacted again you will be left alone.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:03:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I've always heard that telling them you are excommunicated will get them to leave immediately, as they are not supposed to talk to you.

Allegedly works for Mormons too.

Never tried it in person, as we rarely get either and when we do I just don't open the door.

Disfellowshiped.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:06:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
You didnt ask them to say the Pledge of Allegiance did you? The ones that come to my house periodically dont come as often anymore since they found out I was Baptist........my neighbor asked them to say the Pledge with him and they left real quick

Quoted:
Quoted:

The JW's that canvas my neighborhood quit coming to my door after I told them I am a LCMS Lutheran.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:15:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Growing up my dad told me stories of JW’s coming around, he said after WWII a lot of folks did not like them because most everyone lost somebody in the war but JW’s did not go because it was against their religion. My dad said you could always tell their cars because the back glass and trunks were shot up. They built a church in Winnsboro TX. Some of the town’s folks blew up the Church took the pastor tied him to a truck and drug him up and down the street. That did not kill him so they hung him from a street sign. The sign cut through the rope and he fell. They left him for dead.  A doctor in town got him and doctored him up and got him out of town.  A couple of weeks later the doctor disappeared.

Freedom of religion and all?FREEDOM is what made our country GREAT!Not by repressing it.We can disagree and still live in peace.I am no fan of the Watchtower corp. by any stretch of the imagination but if I saw a that shit being done there would be inbreeders bleeding everywhere gutshot!Sounds more like KKK out on the town.Words and knocking on my door being a pain in the ass is not grounds for violence.I dont have a problem using ANY type of force but only when my family,property,or myself are in dangerof being harmed.OSAMA BIN LADEN ON THE OTHER HAND CAN SUCK PIG DICKS FOR ETERNITY!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:21:07 PM EDT
[#48]

Just ask them to put you on the "do not call" list.  Generally, they'll respect your wishes, and they won't come to your house for a few years, and that'll be to confirm you still live there.  Apartments they clear from the list about once a year.

/Your results may vary

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top