Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 6:02:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:06:52 PM EDT
[#1]

A shooting at a local car wash leaves one man dead and another in the hospital. Late Monday night, 82 year old L.G. Vonzehner was washing his car at Sahara and Bruce when he was approached by a man with a gun.

The man demanded he turn over his money. Vonzehner tried to explain that he left his money at home. Officers say that's when one of the men got inside Vonzehner's car. Vonzehner had a gun and shot the robber, who returned fire. The robber died from his injuries. Right now, Vonzehner is at UMC in serious condition.

That's follow through on the draw down!

edit... added the "at"
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Sad.  

Deej
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:10:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn.
Hope Mr. Vonzehner pulls through.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I hear about this happening more and more.  Da'Homeys getting their asses handed to them by CCW citizens.  

"Hmmm. . .if I try to jack this ole' fool, will he have a gat?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:51:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Who are Sahara and Bruce and why was the old man washing them or is that the cars name?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:59:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Reality follows ARFCOM Fantasy
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#7]
WE HAVE FOUND OUR LEADER!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:05:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Intersection in Vega$
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's proof that you draw down first and yell loud at anybody who approaches you at the car wash...
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:06:32 PM EDT
[#10]
One less creep on the streets.

I sure hope the best for this man...he took matters into his own hands and you have to give him some extreme credit for that.

HH
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:07:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Who are Sahara and Bruce and why was the old man washing them or is that the cars name?

I didn't get that either.  Was that the thugs or what he called his cars?  It seems out of order in wording.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:09:45 PM EDT
[#12]

A shooting at a local car wash leaves one man dead and another in the hospital. Late Monday night, 82 year old L.G. Vonzehner was washing his car at Sahara and Bruce when he was approached by a man with a gun.

The man demanded he turn over his money. Vonzehner tried to explain that he left his money at home. Officers say that's when one of the men got inside Vonzehner's car. Vonzehner had a gun and shot the robber, who returned fire. The robber died from his injuries. Right now, Vonzehner is at UMC in serious condition.

Lousy illiterate reporters confusing the ARFCOM folk.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:11:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I am glad that their is one less pos on the streets and I really hope he pulls through.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:15:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Hope the old guys pulls through, hope the maggots eat the perp quickly
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:23:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

+1.  Proofreading is fundamental.  A simple "at" in the sentence would have been nice.

I am constantly amazed at the lack of attention major news networks pay to their websites.

I hope the old man pulls through.  When will these scumbags learn that people are not going to put up with their crap.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Seems like I am saying this every day, but I *swear* 3rd graders write most of the news stories these days.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:27:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Seems like I am saying this every day, but I *swear* 3rd graders write most of the news stories these days.

No, but it is written at the third grade level.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
WE HAVE FOUND OUR LEADER!

Hope he recovers. Next time he will double tap the chest and put one in the head before the criminal can react.

Of course, Sarah Brady would have said to let the poor underprivileged gentleman just rummage through your car and person.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:40:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Sahara and Bruce is an intersection in the ghetto of Las Vegas.

Some of the "bum fights" were filmed in that area, for example.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top