Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/6/2006 7:13:01 AM EDT
This was funny. Who would of thought that wearing a ski mask and leaving a car running in front of the bank would draw suspicion

Not A Robber

Created: 4/6/2006 10:44:58 AM

The next time you think you're having a bad day, consider what John Bennett went through Wednesday morning.

Bennett says he was just on his way to work and figured he'd make a quick stop at the bank and a Valu home store on his way in.

He works as a landscaper and it was cold out, so he was wearing a mask when he went into the bank and, well you can guess where this is going.

Police say: "We had an off duty officer from another jurisdiction report that this white male had a black ski mask on, his vehicle was left running in the lot."

John did his banking, went to value and then: Bennett: "Next thing you know there are guns in my face, machine guns, they pulled me over like i was a bad guy." "They threw the cuffs on me, patted me down, searched all my stuff and I'm like I didn't do anything, but what can you do?"

The cops released him, but then to top it all off John was given a ticket for leaving his car running and unattended!

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=36806
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:14:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:15:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/6/2006 7:16:34 AM EDT by mjohn3006]

Police say: "We had an off duty officer from another jurisdiction report that this white male had a black ski mask on, his vehicle was left running in the lot."

Next time he should wear a white ski mask.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:18:47 AM EDT
I prefer to wear holloween masks when it is cold out.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:19:38 AM EDT

d'oh!

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:22:29 AM EDT
Tragically funny.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:35:06 AM EDT
Pure genius!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:39:29 AM EDT
Florida Vs. Royer
US vs. Cortez
Terry Vs. Ohio
US Vs. Sokolow
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:40:39 AM EDT

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:00:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AR15fan:
Florida Vs. Royer
US vs. Cortez
Terry Vs. Ohio
US Vs. Sokolow

Elaborate, please.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:02:26 AM EDT
His attorney should be contacting the police chief for lack of probable cause.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:07:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/6/2006 8:10:55 AM EDT by Aimless]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:09:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Q3131A:

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:09:50 AM EDT
I like to use masks of Presidents or Hockey masks.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:13:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jtb33:

Originally Posted By AR15fan:
Florida Vs. Royer
US vs. Cortez
Terry Vs. Ohio
US Vs. Sokolow

Elaborate, please.

All cases dealing with 'probable cause'
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:27:25 AM EDT
It's actually illegal here to wear a mask in public on any day except Halloween. It was orginally passed so that the KKK could not hide their faces during marches.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:59:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Q3131A:

never mind that we just threw reasonable suspicion out the window....why does everyone jump right to "there was no probable cause!"????

Jeez...the police can and do detain folks, handcuff them, and mirandize them without arresting them - probable cause is NOT needed for the aforementioned.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:21:40 PM EDT
Um, because this apparently uccured quite a bit after he was finished with his legitimate banking. I'd have my lawyer all over the PD too.

I'd also fight the "ticket for leaving a viehicle running?" WTF
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:51:30 PM EDT
What I'd be interested to know is how many arfcomers, if they were in the bank when the guy came in, would have drawn down on him?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:12:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By NVGdude:
Um, because this apparently uccured quite a bit after he was finished with his legitimate banking. I'd have my lawyer all over the PD too.

I'd also fight the "ticket for leaving a viehicle running?" WTF

Sounds like it occured quite some time after, it says he went to the value store and after leaving there was when he was pulled.

You'd think by then the Police would have had a report on whether the bank had been robbed or not.

Then, just to justify their existance, they gave him a ticket.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:48:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:02:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:04:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:09:29 AM EDT
Stop the War on Ski Masks!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:25:23 AM EDT
I have a friend who was working at a bank as a teller. Day before halloween a guy comes into bank (this is a real upscale yuppy town)with a mask and sticks a gun in her face. (I ask her after,what kind? "A big fucking one!")She cleans out her drawer for like $25000 and he leaves.Bank mucky mucks give her a hard time for giveing him all her money and send her home for the rest of the day. She is at work the next day and about every other idiot comes in wearing a mask.The bank folks give her a hard time for punching the alarm button on the first idiot who refuses to remove his mask at her request. Keep in mind that this is a small town and everyone knows this bank was held up by a guy with a mask the day before.The bank tells her she has to finish out the day and that she can't even ask the idiots to remove the masks. She walks out and they fire her. The funny thing is that the bank had paid for about $20000 worth of college courses in the previous 3 years (MBA)and hadn't offered her a better job than head teller. As soon as they shitcanned her she walked into another bank and got a great job for about 3 times the money. The first bank claimed she owed them because they had paid for school (original deal was that if they paid for school my friend could not take job from their competitors for X number of years without paying back school costs) My friends lawyer pointed out to them that the unlawfull fireing was going to cost them a ton of money and is scared them so bad that they handed over 6 months pay as a severence!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:27:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Tallbob:
What I'd be interested to know is how many arfcomers, if they were in the bank when the guy came in, would have drawn down on him?

Beings this was in NY I guess wearing ski-masks when it's cold out would be more common.

But if this happened here in FL I think my hand would go on my gun fast and I'd be looking to see if he had a weapon.

I hate going into the bank btw.
Top Top