Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2006 6:27:06 PM EDT

www.theage.com.au/news/National/Man-breaks-leg-while-kicking-spider/2006/01/12/1136956282333.html

Man breaks leg while kicking spider

January 12, 2006 - 2:24PM

A 19-year-old broke his leg in two places while kicking at a spider in the NSW Southern Highlands.

NRMA CareFlight said the teenager was flown to Liverpool Hospital in a stable condition from a property 25km west of Mittagong after the incident involving a large huntsman spider before 1pm (AEDT) on Thursday.

The force of the man's kick at the spider broke his right leg in two places and also killed the spider.

The Huntsman is listed by the Australian Museum as being a relatively harmless species, although the Badge Huntsman can cause pain, headache, vomiting and an irregular pulse.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#1]
he could compete with chuck norris if he only had stronger bones
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:28:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope DrFriDge has a speedy recovery.

Did it look like this?

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:29:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I hate those spiders. They chase you too. We have them here as well.

www.floridanature.org/species.asp?species=Heteropoda_venatoria
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:29:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I hope DrFriDge has a speedy recovery.

Did it look like this?

www.cirrusimage.com/Spider/Argiope_aurantia_1.jpg

Fuck.

I'd fuckin shoot it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top