Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2004 6:13:29 PM EDT
cbs2.com/california/CA--AirportArrest-kn/resources_news_html

Man arrested at LA airport allegedly had three bullets in jacket
Monday September 20, 2004

LOS ANGELES (AP) A man was arrested Monday at Los Angeles International Airport after three bullets were found sewn inside his jacket as he passed through a metal detector, authorities said.

The man, believed to be in his 40s, was taken into custody about 4:10 p.m. by police and could be charged with possession of contraband, said Officer Jason Lee, a police spokesman.

The man, who was not immediately identified, set off a metal detector in Terminal 4, where he was planning to board an American Airlines flight to Austin, Texas, Lee said.

The man was arrested without incident and no passengers were evacuated from the terminal, authorities said.

(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:16:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I call bullshit!
They fell through a hole in his pocket I bet!
Noone on God's green earth would sew those bullets into their jacket.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:16:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Imbro?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I call bullshit!
They fell through a hole in his pocket I bet!
Noone on God's green earth would sew those bullets into their jacket.

I was thinking about this as well.  I have an old coat with all kinds of stuff that fell through the rip and into the bulk of the coat.  Probably even have a couple 22 rounds in there.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:20:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll call BULLSHIT! just because this is the first day of new TSA procedures and standards, which now include having passengers remove all jackets and coats and run them through the x-ray machines.
How conveeenient to make such a bust on the very first day.

/tinfoil-ish
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:24:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Such BS from these Left Coast JBT's.  
I accidentially left a Bianchi speedstrip of .38+P in my briefcase leaving Phoneix one day earlier this year, and they simply said I had to give them up as they couldn't allow me to take them on the plane.  They also let me keep the speedstrip after they had unloaded it.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:25:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Why am I sooo reminded of stories out of NAZI Germany when I hear about stuff like that? It seems like it's too easy for JBT's to hook someone up for ANYTHING as of late. Scary times.

Modes of travel remaining that I will utilize:

Train
Airplane
Bus
My own car

JBT: "Your papers please"?

Me: "Huh"?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:29:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw the sound bite on the evening news, and the reporter walked up to the guy who was in the backseat of a LAPD cruiser, and he mouthed to her  "f'ck you" on live TV. I just love these live, unedited reports.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Another great reason to have your private piltos certificate.  I am so very glad I don't have to deal with this shite.  Have you noticed the people who do the screening are the type that you should be checking out in the first place?  All the ones at Houstons airports have their baggy pants hanging down to their knees and speak jive.  They break dance around you with the metal detector wand while the other play dominoes.  And we are supposed to trust our lives to that shit.  No thanks.  I'll rent a plane and fly myself.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#9]
... Shit man, at any given time it seems I'll have loose 5.56mm, 22LR. 7.62mm or a .45ACP round rolling around the cab of the truck, my left sneaker in the closet, in my bed, washing machine, my computer desk, in my lawn, shirt pockets, dishwasher and the cars glove-box. I even found one once in the toilet; it wouldn't flush under its own power - I had to fish.

Note to self: Check clothing with magnetometer before leaving home for a flight
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:39:44 PM EDT
[#10]
It's that guy who was on here saying he's pro gun because he has a .38 and a 10/22, and that we don't need AWs. Obviously.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:43:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Another great reason to have your private piltos certificate.  I am so very glad I don't have to deal with this shite.  Have you noticed the people who do the screening are the type that you should be checking out in the first place?  All the ones at Houstons airports have their baggy pants hanging down to their knees and speak jive.  They break dance around you with the metal detector wand while the other play dominoes.  And we are supposed to trust our lives to that shit.  No thanks.  I'll rent a plane and fly myself.

The people that do the screening look like they have the words "breathe" tattooed on the underside of their eyelids, just so they don't forget.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The people that do the screening look like they have the words "breathe" tattooed on the underside of their eyelids, just so they don't forget.

They really are all ganbangers or those fat african american women with the weaves and foor long fingernails and names like Lucreita and Pashama.  Truly scary
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#13]
If he really did sew in the bullets its another story.  But most likely they are just inside the coat.  You should see the bullets my GF fishes out of the washer.  I usually hear a lot of cussing as well!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:48:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They really are all ganbangers or those fat african american women with the weaves and foor long fingernails and names like Lucreita and Pashama.  Truly scary

Can we say BIGOT?

IBTL
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
It's that guy who was on here saying he's pro gun because he has a .38 and a 10/22, and that we don't need AWs. Obviously.

I lost all my guns in a skydiving accident...except for my 10/22 and .38.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm constantly finding loose rounds lying around the house, in clothing, in my vehicle.  I picked up a pair of BDU pants that were lying in the garage from a range trip ages ago.  A .17HMR round fell out.

I really do think that someday in the not too distant future .gov is going to suggest everyone be sent to changing rooms at the airport where they will strip and don pocketless paper jumpsuits for the flight.  They'll seal your street clothes in a container and at the destination you'll be given them back.

This will be proposed to "enhance the saftey of and security of air travel for the greater good" and a suprising number of people sheep will nod their heads and say "Well, if it's going to make things safer, we'll be happy to do it."

Reason #6,470 why I will DRIVE anywhere that I need to go and if I can't drive (or fly myself there) well... I guess I really didn't need to be there, did I?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Can we say BIGOT?

IBTL

Truth and Bigotry are 2 very different things.  I'll stick with municipal flying thank you very much.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:48:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Rookie,  I had a whole magazine full of bucketmouth 45's in my bag.  That got the TSA people VERY excited.  It also gets me a nice visit with them EEEVERY time I fly now.  

just last week I had a nice 20 minute screening by a nice young man by the name of Lemonjello at the Orlando airport.  

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:56:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
cbs2.com/california/CA--AirportArrest-kn/resources_news_html

Man arrested at LA airport allegedly had three bullets in jacket
Monday September 20, 2004

LOS ANGELES (AP) A man was arrested Monday at Los Angeles International Airport after three bullets were found sewn inside his jacket as he passed through a metal detector, authorities said.

The man, believed to be in his 40s, was taken into custody about 4:10 p.m. by police and could be charged with possession of contraband, said Officer Jason Lee, a police spokesman.

The man, who was not immediately identified, set off a metal detector in Terminal 4, where he was planning to board an American Airlines flight to Austin, Texas, Lee said.

The man was arrested without incident and no passengers were evacuated from the terminal, authorities said.

(Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Everybody (except the Japanese of course) knows a bullet can't do anything without a case, powder, primer, and, oh yeah, a GUN!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:57:05 PM EDT
[#20]
We're all crazy...... And it's getting worse.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:03:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#22]
I was on a plane with a shotgun shell in my pocket.  This was years ago, but I was wearing a hunting vest, going to a cold place.  I sat in my seat, put my hands in my pockets, and felt my face getting flush.  I just kept cool, since I had essentially "gotten away with it" and got off the plane and threw it away.  I always search my clothes, but you can miss things in a rush.  

pucker factor.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Ii once had a 7X57mm round pulled out of a corner pocket of my jacket and thrown away. Didn't know it was in there. The guy was actually pretty cool about it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:25:34 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everybody (except the Japanese of course) knows a bullet can't do anything without a case, powder, primer, and, oh yeah, a GUN!

Okay I surrender smarty pants. The new media means 3 loaded cartridges.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top