Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2011 4:07:30 PM EDT
My wife and I have an 800 credit score, plenty in the bank and make good money.  We are trying to refinance our house because rates are so low, not because we actually need it.

Anyway, USAA is asking for my wife's business tax returns (she's in a partnership).  This seems crazy.  Thoughts?

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:53:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Lots of new regulations being forced on home mortgage lenders after the last fuck up. They will look at that business to see if it will impact your ability to repay your loan. If it were a corp, they probably wouldn't ask.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Trust but verify.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:09:11 AM EDT
[#3]
So I called another Lender, Quicken Loans, and they said the same thing.  They said it was a requirement.  Hmm, guess I need to pony up the tax records.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:18:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So I called another Lender, Quicken Loans, and they said the same thing.  They said it was a requirement.  Hmm, guess I need to pony up the tax records.

We bought 3 years ago and this had already started.

Same scenario:  Great credit scores, really good debt/asset ratio, solid employment, 23% cash downpayment ready....and we had to give them everything under the sun before the underwriters were satisfied including all tax forms for me, my wife, and my wife's business.

I'm actually glad they're doing it, despite the hassle.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Same here.

Two years ago they didn't need your whole return, just a permission slip to have the IRS send them a summary page documenting your income.

Not sure what they require now.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I do wonder if your of a minority background what rules can be waived?
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#7]
what is outrageous about requesting income verification?
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been through lots of loans and they have always requested financials.

Grove
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#9]
2-3 yrs tax returns , income stream, credit score, appraisal of property @ a minimum NOW.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 7:28:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds about right. There is all sorts of new regs they need info on for stuff now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top