Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/27/2005 5:18:53 PM EDT
This is what racing is all about. Don't give me any of the cookie cutter 1.5-2 mile tracks. Give me the short tracks. Bristol, Martinsville, Richmond.

I can't imagine how exhausting it is to run 500 laps on that track. I have a hard time running 75 video game laps at Bristol.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:26:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/27/2005 5:27:17 PM EDT by Dru]
Originally Posted By Burley:
This is what racing is all about. Don't give me any of the cookie cutter 1.5-2 mile tracks. Give me the short tracks. Bristol, Martinsville, Richmond.

I can't imagine how exhausting it is to run 500 laps on that track. I have a hard time running 75 video game laps at Bristol.

You lite weight..............
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:30:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dru:

dude my thumb get sore and almost numb to the point that its useless
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:30:30 PM EDT

It messes with my brain. I get zoned in and I can't think about anything else.

I tried running 250 laps at Bristol once. Damn near pissed my pants and forgot who I was.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:32:20 PM EDT

It messes with my brain. I get zoned in and I can't think about anything else.

I tried running 250 laps at Bristol once. Damn near pissed my pants and forgot who I was.

Ooooooooooooh damn thats not good.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:45:36 PM EDT
I hate that cocksucking motherfucking sorry son of a bitch Dale Jarrett.

Hate that fucker. What the fuck did that accomplish??
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:52:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/27/2005 5:53:08 PM EDT by Dru]
Just don't bad mouth Gordon............. My 5 year old son will kick you in the nutz!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:44:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/27/2005 8:46:34 PM EDT by Max_Mike]

It wrecked that asshole that wrecked him... if you can't stand the heat don't wreck people. Newman got what he deserved.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:49:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/27/2005 8:50:20 PM EDT by hydroshok]
I just got home, fill me in, who won ?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:51:34 PM EDT
That was a great race tonight.

DJ went way over the line on wrecking the 12.

I can't believe Harvick wasn't going to get back in the car. I would LOVED to have heard the ass chewing Childress, no doubt, gave him.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:52:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By hydroshok:
I just got home, fill me in, who won ?

Kenseth kicked EVERYONE'S ass.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:57:32 PM EDT
Bristol and Richmond are great, Martinsville needs some banking.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:26:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Max_Mike:

It wrecked that asshole that wrecked him... if you can't stand the heat don't wreck people. Newman got what he deserved.

DJ knows better than that shit though. If you're pissed at someone, take it out on him after the race.

Now DJ and Newman will both be on probation for the rest of the year. And unless Harvick wins the last two races, he's out of the chase.

I was pissed at both of them, but I took most of my frustration out on DJ since he should know better than to pull that shit at Bristol.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:33:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2005 3:34:37 PM EDT by Gopher]
Carl Edwards looked like a 16 year old who's Daddy was taking away his car keys while Kyle Petty was talking to him. Edwards punted both Petty cars into the wall during the race. Kyle had a come to Jesus meeting with him when they got back to the pits.

Read an article on another board that Kyle wasn't mad at him and he knew it was just one of those racing deals but Carl sure looked funny. TNT showed them talking and he just couldn't look Kyle in the eye.

It was a situation I recall many times with my Dad.

Newman said after the race he didn't take DJ out on purpose but there were reports that he said he was going to on the team radio. Hope NASCAR sits them both down for a race or two. If not both of those boys better keep an eye open for that 29 car.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:18:00 PM EDT
Carl Edwards needs to learn to calm down a bit and not wreck anyone within 5 car lengths of him. He's got a good ride, he's won a race, he's got nothing to worry about. Drive clean and everything else will take care of itself.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:27:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dpmmn:
Bristol and Richmond are great, Martinsville needs some banking.

I have been to Richmond a couple of times for Busch and Winston (Nextel) Cup races and I went to this last Busch race at Bristol. It was my first time at Bristol and I must say that Richmond is too flat and needs more banking. You could see everything from anywhere at Bristol, but you can't at Richmond.

NASCAR is OK but it's too damn expensive, we went to the Busch because of my wife. I would have rather watched the damn thing at home. It's dry, the seats are better, you get better coverage, you can hear the announcers, and the booze and food is cheaper.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:30:37 PM EDT
NASCAR? WTF is that?
Top Top