Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2002 4:28:25 AM EDT
[url]http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-24decapitate.story?coll=sfla%2Dhome%2Dheadlines[/url]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 4:31:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmmmm...  How do you stab someone with a machete?
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 4:34:55 AM EDT
[#2]
"The only way to stop a terrorist.....Cut his head off." -James Woods

[url]http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/story/0,1259,---10619,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 4:35:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Ban all machetes. For the children.
Ban all severed heads. For the children.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 5:02:46 AM EDT
[#4]
``He didn't give the officers any trouble at the scene,''
View Quote

Well of course not, mission accomplished [IMG]http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/aahmed/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 5:26:36 AM EDT
[#5]
The woman told police Roache was wielding a 2½-foot machete. Police said he'd bought the machete Sunday at a Pinellas Park flea market.
View Quote

OK, time to start doing background checks at flea markets on the purchase of any machete with a blade length greater than 18". [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 6:07:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

OK, time to start doing background checks at flea markets on the purchase of any machete with a blade length greater than 18". [rolleyes]
View Quote

Hey what about those Saturday Night Special paring knives?

And what home REALLY has a need for more than 3 knives in the kitchen?   Let us also not forget the deadly rolling pin.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 6:57:47 AM EDT
[#7]
That sort of reminds me of a clip on one of those amazing video shows I saw over the weekend.

Guy standing on a long porch of his house when the anouncer says something to the effect "This guy has been tormented by the neighborhood bully for weeks. The bully has beat him up on numerous occasions, the guy decides he has had enough". A camcorder was obviously set up to show the porch guy do what he was about to do.

Camera shows him standing with his back to the camera with a small handgun in his hand held behind his back. On the lawn to his left, the bully is seen yelling at him and then charging to his right up onto the porch with clenched fists. As bullyboy comes forward, porchguy pulls up the pistol and shoots bullyboy in the chest about 5 times.

Bullyboy falls backward with a hell of a surprized look on his face and kind of mumbling WTF! He later dies of his wounds.

Both guys looked to be 19-20 years old and both looked kinda whimpy. Both minus shirts in a typical white trash kinda way.

I hate to say it, but it was almost comical the way bullyboy went down. You could almost hear him saying "why did you shoot me, I wasn't doing nothing".
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:06:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That sort of reminds me of a clip on one of those amazing video shows I saw over the weekend.

Guy standing on a long porch of his house when the anouncer says something to the effect "This guy has been tormented by the neighborhood bully for weeks. The bully has beat him up on numerous occasions, the guy decides he has had enough". A camcorder was obviously set up to show the porch guy do what he was about to do.

Camera shows him standing with his back to the camera with a small handgun in his hand held behind his back. On the lawn to his left, the bully is seen yelling at him and then charging to his right up onto the porch with clenched fists. As bullyboy comes forward, porchguy pulls up the pistol and shoots bullyboy in the chest about 5 times.

Bullyboy falls backward with a hell of a surprized look on his face and kind of mumbling WTF! He later dies of his wounds.

Both guys looked to be 19-20 years old and both looked kinda whimpy. Both minus shirts in a typical white trash kinda way.

I hate to say it, but it was almost comical the way bullyboy went down. You could almost hear him saying "why did you shoot me, I wasn't doing nothing".
View Quote

NBC did a report on citizens using firearms to "defend" themselves, and they used this clip and story.  The jury felt that the homeowner set up an ambush, and now the guy's doing time for manslaughter or something.  Never should have taped it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:09:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's also an illegal use of deadly force.

Not only did the guy with the gun make no effort to distance himself prior to using deadly force, he shot the "bully" more than necessary to end the encounter and then proceeded to let him lay there bleeding to death without calling 911.

I wouldn't use it as an example of anything....other than entertainment if that's your sort of thing.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:25:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Police were called to the home in south St. Petersburg shortly before 8:30 a.m. by a woman who said she had barricaded herself in a bathroom when her former boyfriend broke into the home of her current boyfriend, Gregory L. Shannon, 18.........

Police arrived four minutes after the woman placed her call, just as Roache was adjusting the mirror.
View Quote
This should once and for all destroy the myth of 'call 911' by anti-gun pukes.  Even with a 4 minute reponse time, which was damn quick, the 18 year old was still killed.  If he had been armed, he could have nailed the bastard, but those 4 defenseless minutes cost him his life.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 8:50:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Sun Sentinel Says..

They watched in horror as he placed the head on the hood of a parked car facing the street and began adjusting the rear-view mirror.

``He was adjusting the mirror so the head, if it were alive, could see itself,'' Kajtsa said.
View Quote

..uhh correct me if im wrong. but isnt the rearview mirror setup to show you a view out the back of the car not the front? how could it be adjusted to show the hood area. without ripping it off its mounts.   not only are journalists gun-ignorante, but they are automotive-ignorante!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top