Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2005 11:25:22 PM EDT
Dog badly injured after being dragged

05:33 PM PDT on Thursday, August 25, 2005

By PAUL AKER / KING 5 News

LACEY, Wash. – A black Labrador had his paws scraped to the bones after his owner allegedly dragged the dog behind an all-terrain vehicle Wednesday.
Aged between one and two, sweet-natured Bear is nursing some pretty painful injuries.
“The bone is exposed on the nails, that's just on the grinding,” said veterinarian Dr. Rhonda. Snyder.
The dog’s owner is accused of doing it on purpose.

Veterinarian Dr. Rhonda Snyder sits with Bear, whose paws were scraped to the bone.
It happened along a Thurston County road. Police said Bear was pulled so hard that he left a blood trail. The alleged dragging didn't stop until a neighbor flagged the man down. Witnesses said he threatened to shoot the woman for interfering.
The dog's owner was held on the preliminary appearance Thursday. He could be charged with the alleged crime as early as the end of this week.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:31:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to drag the asshole behind my Raptor for awhile and see if he can keep up.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:34:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'd like to drag the asshole behind my Raptor for awhile and see if he can keep up.

No shit!!!!

People like that just piss me off
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:36:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Too bad such a wonderful breed of dog had such a shitty excuse for a dog owner.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:37:20 PM EDT
[#4]
That boy needs some Lester Maddox therapy bad...
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:38:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Kill him now, for the children.

Seriously.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:44:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The alleged dragging didn't stop until a neighbor flagged the man down. Witnesses said he threatened to shoot the woman for interfering.

Scum.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:46:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Remember the movie where a cop stopped someone for this?

"If I wasnt in uniform I'd split your head with the butt of this revolver faster than you can say police brutality"
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:49:51 PM EDT
[#8]
maybe he was reenacting the scene in NATIONAL LAMPOON VACATION
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:54:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:47:56 AM EDT
[#10]
You can imagine where I come down on this.
<-----avatar

I would love to drive a railroad spike into that dickhead's cranium.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:32:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Fucking asshole.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:37:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:00:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Witnesses said he threatened to shoot the woman for interfering.

Looks like somebody missed their golden moment of opportunity to wipe this shitstain off the planet.  

Personally, I respond to these types of threats...
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:51:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Woman witnesses dog being dragged
Suspect arrested for alleged threat
BY KEVIN KALHOEFER

THE OLYMPIAN

A man was arrested at his home Wednesday night for allegedly threatening to shoot a woman after she confronted him about dragging a dog by its leash from an all-terrain vehicle down a road, the sheriff's office reported.

At about 6:28 p.m., the Thurston County Sheriff's Office received a call from a woman reporting a man dragging a black Labrador by its leash from his ATV, said Captain Brad Watkins of the Thurston County Sheriff's Office.

The woman confronted the suspect, William E. Murphy, 42, who then threatened to shoot her, Watkins said.

The witness left and contacted law enforcement officials. She directed a sheriff's officer to Murphy's home on Baker Ames Road, north of Olympia.

Murphy was standing outside next to the injured dog, Watkins said. The officer asked to talk to Murphy, but Murphy ignored the officer and walked into his house, Watkins said.

Two sheriff's officers and two Olympia officers later arrived at the scene.

"For safety reasons, they avoided going inside," Watkins said.

Officers were able to telephone the house, where Murphy's mother answered. Murphy's mother came outside to ask what was going on, said she wasn't feeling well and walked back inside the house, Watkins said.

Officers were preparing to make a warrant request when Murphy walked out and gave himself up. He was arrested at about 6:50 p.m., according to the police report.

The dog was taken to Mountain View Veterinary Hospital in Olympia for injuries to its paws and legs. The dog will be turned over to Animal Services, Watkins said.

"There was a moderate amount of blood on the road" where the dog had been dragged, Watkins said. "We were appalled by it."

Murphy was booked for felony harassment for threatening to kill someone and referred for animal cruelty. He could face a prison sentence of up to five years, Watkins said.

Murphy did not give any statements for either charge, Watkins said.

Intoxicants were detected on Murphy's breath at the time of arrest, according to the police report.

Story in The Olympian HERE.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Tree shredder, the super size ones.  More then likely the asshole will get a slap on the wrist for this.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:34:04 PM EDT
[#16]
When I was a kid a guy that lived near me did this same thing. After he was arrested and got back home he poured gas all overhimself walked out in the street in front of me and several other kids that were playing and lit himself on fire.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Hearing this kind of stuff makes me furious.  An icepick in the forehead would be waaay to good for this piece of shit....

Alpine
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:01:08 PM EDT
[#18]
What if it was a cat he was dragging?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:12:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Drag him by his ankles thru a cactus patch, stop periodically and throw some cold water on him, then do it again.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:14:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I don't do shit like that to any animal. Whether I like said animal or not makes no difference.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:40:57 PM EDT
[#21]
It's just property?  Whats the deal?

[That was satire folks!]

There are lots of people here that feel animal cruelity is a BS charge.  Personally I might well have done that man scum sucking, asshole, fucking piece of shit some serious physical injury if I saw that.  The kind of cruelty you need in your heart to do that to an animal needs to be destroyed in my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
When I was a kid a guy that lived near me did this same thing. After he was arrested and got back home he poured gas all overhimself walked out in the street in front of me and several other kids that were playing and lit himself on fire.

Well..... bye then.     Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:53:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I was driving my sled dog team a few years ago down a gravel road and didn't notice
that a young new dog was being dragged by the rest of the team.

When I got home and saw the damage to that dog I was heart broken and swore I would never let that happen again.

Man, it's hard to bring it up now.

I was a dumb ass.

GM
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:55:59 PM EDT
[#24]
that spretty fucked up  and people that do that shit move onto bigger and better victims
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:59:38 PM EDT
[#25]
What a pathetic excuse for a human being. How could someone do that? I have a black lab pup and he is the greatest thing in the world. What the hell is wrong with people?

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#26]
A guy like that really really needs to be taught a lesson. The sad thing is he will just get off with a fine. I could enjoy hurting a person like this
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Now that would be cool.  I wish something like that would happen in my neighborhood.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I's STILL say the same thing!!!  If anyone did that to my Rotty or cats there would be some serious pain and suffering inflicted upon them.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#29]
I could understand it if he was pulling a big dog like that to lead it somewhere, but to drag it!  What a dick!

I hate him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top