I bought a 3.5lbs corned beef from costco and I want to make it in my crock pot for tomorrow.
I was planning on using this recipe:
* 3 -4 lbs corned beef brisket
* 6 medium potatoes , peeled and quartered
* 2 medium onions , peeled and quartered
* 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
* 1 bay leaf (or two small ones)
* 1 cup beer
* 1 small cabbage , cut in wedges (optional)
1. Place potatoes, onions, carrots, and bay leaf in crock pot.
2. Trim excess fat from brisket; put meat on top of veges.
3. If desired, place cabbage wedges on top of meat.
4. Pour beer over all.
5. Cover and cook on LOW heat setting 9-11 hours.
6. Slice brisket thinly across grain (let it cool 5- 10 minutes for easier slicing).
7. Serve with vegetables.
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/corned-beef-in-beer-crock-pot-70522#ixzz1iXIdPEJw
It says to cook it for between 9 and 11 hours. Well two hours cooking time is a big difference... I want it to be absolutely delicious. How long should I cook it for??
Also what type of beer should I use?