Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2016 12:23:58 PM EDT
It will be served over toast with a couple eggs on top.  

This is one of my favorite things about Turkey Day and that is what I get to do with the leftovers.  

I started with onions sauteed in butter and olive oil, added flour for the roux and then added boiling water.  I immersion blended until smooth, added heavy cream, a touch of browning, poultry seasoning, lots of pepper, and then the rest of my turkey meat leftovers in small chunks. I added about 10 ounces of the mother gravy from Turkey Day.  It is reducing a bit at this moment.  

Good times!!!  Maybe a pic to follow...........

Link Posted: 12/10/2016 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of toast are you using for the shingle?

Link Posted: 12/10/2016 1:03:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Standard cheap bread toast. (I wanted to make biscuits but didn't win that one.........) 
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I have always preferred cheap bread for some reason with SOS.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 2:37:31 PM EDT
[#4]
No reloads.

other than that it looks gross and I mean that in a good way.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have always preferred cheap bread for some reason with SOS.
View Quote

This. It reminds me of SOS at the mess hall. It's just not the same with "good" bread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top