Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2002 7:57:37 PM EDT
This is pretty damn funny.

[url]http://pub49.ezboard.com/ftruechristiansunitefrm7.showMessage?topicID=46.topic[/url]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:59:15 AM EDT
[#1]
That is pretty funny. [:)][flame] [flame]

-Velveeta
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:10:33 AM EDT
[#2]
The only thing funny about it is that someone could be so stupid and wrong.  Who is the true cursed sinner?
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:14:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Is IS interesting that anyone could find such vitriol and hatred to be "funny."

Personally, I'm repulsed.

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:18:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Interesting read....

I always liked the advice that a deacon at my church would give, especially to people who shy away from church 'cause of all the "sinners, hypocrits n such".  

[b]If you ever find a perfect church, don't join it.  You'll ruin it.[/b]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:26:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is IS interesting that anyone could find such vitriol and hatred to be "funny."

Personally, I'm repulsed.

View Quote

I see no “vitriol” nor hatred in this.  But I do see it in this:

Quoted:
I  ****WAS NOT**** the one holding your arms down. That was someone else. [BD]

I was the one standing BETWEEN you and Tyrone (no, really, that WAS his name) saving him from getting his arse kicked by you. [:D]

How was I to know someone could be that violent and evil as Tyrone and his jungle bunny buddies???

(To those of you who think that is a racial slur, let me just say "You weren't there. Those PARTICULAR people WERE animals.")
View Quote

From here: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=81028&page=8[/url]

Tell me, do you HAVE to be a hypocrite to believe in God?

-Velveeta
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:32:02 AM EDT
[#6]
You weren't there Velveeta.

Those PARTICULAR people WERE animals. Its NOT a charachterization - it is a statement of FACT.

THis will be my last post to you EVER. Its just a waste of time to post to you. You obviously have just decided to dislike me, which is your right to do so.

But I'll not waste my time with you.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:41:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Frankly I think that the whole thing is.....enlightening!!

Religion twisted once again...

And I can just bet that he can back it all up.

Mind you I still have a sneaking notion that it is really a joke.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:46:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You weren't there Velveeta.

Those PARTICULAR people WERE animals. Its NOT a charachterization - it is a statement of FACT.
View Quote

OK, so you think they were animals[rolleyes], I was not there, so I will not judge you on what you did THERE.  What I can do is point out that you are using RACIAL slurs to describe them HERE. I can assume it is your easy use of racial slurs that may have led to these tensions, because people do not use these words and then treat the targets of these words with respect.  Jesus must be very proud of you.
THis will be my last post to you EVER. Its just a waste of time to post to you. You obviously have just decided to dislike me, which is your right to do so.

But I'll not waste my time with you.
View Quote

I really do not care if you post to me or not.  I will still continue to point out [B]SOME[/B] of the times you are wrong and a hypocrite.  I really do not have the time nor desire to point them all out!  The real reason you do not respond to me though is that it might burst your bubble to have to admit that you are not as smart as you think you are. [rolleyes]  I can accept that.  But I will still post responses as I see fit.  You called me stupid and then when faced with facts, not your childlike assumptions. You want it all to go away. [rolleyes] Too bad, I am here to stay.

-Velveeta
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:49:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I find nothing funny about this link and I also find nothing funny about this thread.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 6:56:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I find nothing funny about this link and I also find nothing funny about this thread.
View Quote

Which is what makes you the unique individual you are.  That is why God gave you free will and loves you. [:D]

-Velveeta

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:05:34 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't think it has so much to do with God as it does with human dignity. What sort of malcontent laughs about or even takes advantage of other people who have disabilities and then tries to justify it in the name of Christianty?

Leaving all religious manner of philosophy out of the conversation, repulsive is indeed the correct word to describe this behavior. I know kindergarteners who are more mature.

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:12:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Time to lock this crap up GoatBoy!
[:O][:O]  [puke]  [:O][:O]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:18:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

... I agree. Seriously, what part exactly makes you laugh?
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:20:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Just my $0.02 but....

The part where he can erroneously link this individual's hatred with Christianity, thereby excusing himself from God.

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:24:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Just my $0.02 but....

The part where he can erroneously link this individual's hatred with Christianity, thereby excusing himself from God.

View Quote

You mean like this good Christian:
Quoted:
I  ****WAS NOT**** the one holding your arms down. That was someone else. [BD]

I was the one standing BETWEEN you and Tyrone (no, really, that WAS his name) saving him from getting his arse kicked by you. [:D]

How was I to know someone could be that violent and evil as Tyrone and his jungle bunny buddies???

(To those of you who think that is a racial slur, let me just say "You weren't there. Those PARTICULAR people WERE animals.")
View Quote

From here: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=81028&page=8[/url]

-Velveeta
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:31:37 AM EDT
[#16]
I am not casting any judgement about any statement from garandman extracted out of context from another thread.

If you are trying to establish some argument for his being a hypocrite then you are doing a poor job of it and your tactics are frankly much lower in taste than his statement to which you have taken issue. You have made your point which is you think garandman might be a hypocrite, but I have a very hard time putting him in the same category as your friend on the other message board.

I don't know either of you guys personally and I would be hard pressed to cast any sort of analysis or judgement about you on the basis of a single statement made on an internet message board.

Lighten up.

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:37:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Velveeta = [:K] [b]BIG[/b] time....

A sniveling mass of backboneless jelly whose only sense of personal value comes from attacking other people's morals.

So typical of insecure non-believers....  They believe in no final authority other than their own.  All they need to do to make themselves feel superior is point to somebody they think is inferior.  

[i]I'm [b]daman[/b] in comparison to him...[/i]

Maybe so.  Does that put you where you need to be????
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:14:11 AM EDT
[#18]
What made me laugh about the artical was this guy is full of shit.

If anyone came up to me spouting that BS, I'd pop him in the mouth.

Do people REALLY belive that the disabled are sinners?

And the last post made me sick:
[i]
Anthony Halverson's Testimony:
The other day some buddies of mine were at the mall because they were having a sale at Abercrombi & Finch (and the new catalogues were coming in), when we saw this crippled guy hobbling around on crutches. So we followed him around for a while, just laughing at him, and pretty soon he went to the bathroom... I then snuck in and noticed he had left his crutches standing on the outside of the stall so I took them and ran off, dumping them in a janitor's door which was slightly ajar! Ha!

Then we waited on the opposite side of the food court and watched to see if he would come out. Sure enough, we see him come out shuffling slowly from the hall and then he tripped and fell over... we were absolutely DIEING laughing by this time, and the guy starts CRAWLING on the floor CRYING that someone had stolen his crutches. It was the funniest thing I ever saw!! Most people just walked around him and pretended not to notice (or else they probabaly would've bursted out loud laughing like we were!), but finally a security guard came over and helped him and we thought it was best to take off at that time. But oh man, that was absolutely hilarious! LOL!

True Christians Rule!
[/i]

People piss me off. [frag]

Av.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:20:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Do people REALLY belive that the disabled are sinners?
View Quote

Actually, for many years my parents attended a Pentecostal church which believed that if some calamity happens to a person then you are under God's judgement. They believe that if you are a victim of say... a tornado, then you had some sinfulness in your life that caused you to deserve God's wrath. They will not assist any disaster or rescue operation/efforts. From what I understand, they even sided with Jerry Falwell in saying that the WTC attack victims deserved their fate in some way and it was a sign of God's judgement.

UGH... I despise self-rightousness hypocrites more than any other kind of person.... but garandman would probably say that I am commanded to even love them too...

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:26:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

UGH... I despise self-rightousness hypocrites more than any other kind of person.... but garandman would probably say that I am commanded to even love them too...

View Quote

Well, you are supposed to REBUKE them for their sinful, self-righteous hypocrisy, and expose thir sin ...in love of course.  [:D]

The "calamity happens only becasue God is punishing you" theory is crap, and goes against Scripture. (See John 9:1-3)

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:32:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well, you are supposed to REBUKE them for their sinful, self-righteous hypocrisy, and expose thir sin ...in love of course.  [:D]
View Quote

Well I think that is what most people have the problem with in general when it comes to the stereotypical image of a 'Christian'. You know the ones.. the zealot "Do as I say and not as I do and I am telling you this because I am commanded to rebuke you" types that fill 99.9% of the church pews every Sunday morning.

It's probably the evangelical part of Christianity that meets with the most resistance because those who evangelize are (in my experience) really poor ambassadors to the faith. Most people I know would be content to let people believe what they want to and would even listen to an evangelical argument every now and then. But when the noisiest evangelists are also some of the worst public offenders, it is difficult to get past the human nature part of the emotional rejection of hypocracy.

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:39:22 AM EDT
[#22]
BenD -

The reality is that ANYONE who preaches the Gospel of Jesus Christ is an IMMENSE hypocrite....simply becasue he is a sinful human.

He's preaching a Gospel he will NEVER humanly be able to follow.

Therein his lifestyle is VERY important. its hard to accept a person living like the devil Himself telling you to live a righteous life.

But then, the truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is NOT dependent on the morality of the person declaring it. It is true regardless.

I agree with you. The MOST distasteful part of Christianity is Christians themselves. But then, God did NOT make His offer of salvation to you dependent on THEIR behaviour anyway.

And why God chose sinful men to tell the story of His Sinless Son I may never fully understand till I get to heaven.

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:43:46 AM EDT
[#23]
troll
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 9:10:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Before this gets locked, yes, that is a parody site. I thought a few guys here might get a laugh out of it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 9:16:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Before this gets locked, yes, that is a parody site. I thought a few guys here might get a laugh out of it.
View Quote

Well, thank goodness it was ONLY Christians and NOT paraplagics that the site was trying to be malicious towards.

I, for one, feel MUCH better.

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 9:35:40 AM EDT
[#26]
"No mercy for the dis-abled"! C'mon, that's just so over the top, it can't be taken seriously.

Like I said, it's a parody site.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 10:04:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Velveeta = [:K] [b]BIG[/b] time....

A sniveling mass of backboneless jelly whose only sense of personal value comes from attacking other people's morals.
View Quote

First off I questioned his faulty theory.  He then told me that I was not intelligent enough to respond to because I could not accept that Bill Gates was not the “final authority” at Microsoft.  Knowing something about the world I pointed out and gave proof that Bill Gates was no longer CEO of Microsoft.  Then instead of apologizing he just abandoned the thread [B]HE[/B] started because it was no longer convenient for him to look down on other people to make himself feel better when he was obviously wrong.

My posts have nothing to do with whether there is a God or not, because I know I cannot prove if there is a God or not.  garandman on the other hand thinks that he is some super intelligent person who can do with his ignorant “final authority” theory what others before him could not.  Do YOU agree with his theory?  Is not agreeing with his theory heretical?
So typical of insecure non-believers....  They believe in no final authority other than their own.
View Quote

How do you know that I am a “Non-believer”?  Just because I think that garandmans theory is laughable proves nothing except that I think his theory is laughable.  Just because he proposed a stupid theory and he believes in God proves nothing about God if he is wrong.  It just means he is wrong.  So do not take it personally when people question peoples God theories, not everyone is a lemming that believes everything they WANT to believe.  
All they need to do to make themselves feel superior is point to somebody they think is inferior.
View Quote

Actually that is what garandman has tried to do.  Unfortunately for him this time I am willing to discuss in depth what he was talking about and will follow him from thread to thread until he admits he was wrong, apologizes to me and promises not to attack me or anyone else in the future.
[i]I'm [b]daman[/b] in comparison to him...[/i]

Maybe so.  Does that put you where you need to be????
View Quote

Not sure where this comes from.

-Velveeta
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 10:08:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I am not casting any judgement about any statement from garandman extracted out of context from another thread.
View Quote

How is it taken out of context?  I posted the link to the entire post.  Pretty much his whole post is there.  He is not claiming it is out of context, just that I was not there so I cannot judge his racist actions.

-Velveeta
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 10:31:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How is it taken out of context?  I posted the link to the entire post.  Pretty much his whole post is there.  He is not claiming it is out of context, just that I was not there so I cannot judge his racist actions.
View Quote

To me, 'out of context'  means your having cross posted the old thread link within this new topic with the apparent intention to discredit or antagonize.

Even after reading the entirety of that whole other thread, I still have no more indication of garandman's or anyone elses true self.

That's the way I see it. As you previously stated, it's my free will and why God loves me.

Link Posted: 1/2/2002 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
That's the way I see it. As you previously stated, it's my free will and why God loves me.
View Quote

Yes it is.[:D]

-Velveeta
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 11:46:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Joke or not, I do recall reading that Jesus forgave sinners of their sins, and because of this some where able to walk, see, ect. So the notion of being dissabled and that meaning your a sinner isn't completelly false. Everyone is a sinner anyway. But it still bothered me to read it.

But, on the other notion of not wanting to have sinners in your church is the biggest crock I've ever heard.

Jesus says in the Bible:
"Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick." Matt 9:12

"I have come not to call the rightous, but sinners, to repentance." Matt 9:13

Just read Matt 9:9-13 to understand what I mean.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

If all were sinners would there be any righteous to call ??
[smoke]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 12:33:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

If all were sinners would there be any righteous to call ??
[smoke]
View Quote

Never thought of it that way. Good one. But that tells you right there that the Lord is for everyone!
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 12:34:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 10:08:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree -  this site is consistent with one where non-believers post "true Believer" material that is actually intended to set people against Christians.

Similar to setting up a "gun control" site where you then lay out the most extreme, stupid things you can attribute to anti-gunners, whether they've actually been said/done or not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top