Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2011 1:24:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/9/2011 1:24:35 PM EDT by Scottyman]
Today, the state Senate passed Legislative Document 35, NRA-backed self-defense legislation, by a 19 to 15 vote. Yesterday, the state House passed this bill by a 75 to 68 vote. LD 35 now goes to Governor Paul LePage for approval.

Introduced by state Representative Richard Cebra (R-Naples), LD 35 would prohibit an employer from banning an employee with a valid concealed firearms permit from keeping a firearm in the employee's vehicle as long as the vehicle is locked and the firearm is not visible.  This legislation would protect your right to keep a firearm in your car for self-defense, hunting, or target shooting before or after work.  Businesses have no legitimate interest in micromanaging the lawful contents of one’s private vehicle.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=6893
Link Posted: 6/11/2011 1:08:21 AM EDT
I don't think he signed it yet. He is a conservative, but you never know.

My employer makes it grounds for termination if you have a firearm (even a bow, arrows ect) or even parts of a firearm in your vehicle on their property.

The paranoid hysteria must end soon.

Link Posted: 6/11/2011 3:06:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Scottyman:
I don't think he signed it yet. He is a conservative, but you never know.

My employer makes it grounds for termination if you have a firearm (even a bow, arrows ect) or even parts of a firearm in your vehicle on their property.

The paranoid hysteria must end soon.

Hope the Gov signs it.

It sucks to know that your second ammendment rights end at the parking lot entrance.....

Link Posted: 6/16/2011 11:55:02 AM EDT

Still no word when or if he's going to sign it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 1:56:04 PM EDT
It has been signed!!  

Maine Governor Signs Three Self-Defense Firearm Bills into Law

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=6941
Top Top