Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/2/2006 4:32:08 PM EST
Preface: All of my information about the laws of both state legislatures was gathered from Packing.org

I will be 18 on the 14th of January. Missouri has a "Shall-Issue" CCW policy at age 23. However,

Maine will issue CCWs at age 18 with certain prerequisites such as proof of firearms training, etc.

Furthermore, Missouri recognizes CCWs issued by the state of Maine. Now, I understand that the rule of

thumb is "You cannot carry a concealed weapon anywhere you cannot open carry a weapon." Also, just

because someone has a Maine CCW though they are living in Missouri, does not make them exempt

from the gun laws of Missouri. Basically, my question is this really a sound loop-hole or could I find

my ass over a flame if I apply for and am granted a Maine CCW and yet living and carrying my

weapons in Missouri? Thanks. - Kool-Aid (LCA ts1337)
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:23:48 AM EST
As a general rule, you must observe the CCW laws of the state you are in. Even if you have a Maine CCW, you must observe Missouri law. If Missouri says you have to be 23, then you must observe that law even though you may have a CCW from another state that allows carry at 18.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:42:25 AM EST
Straight up depends on Missouri's reprocicity laws. Check Attorney General and the Maine Bureau of investigation. Or packing.org, which is not working for me.

That general rule is not that great to follow. Texas has supposedly the best laws, yet no open carry, etc. And some cities do not allow open carry, like Denver.

Anyways, I HIGHLY doubt that hardly any states have reprocicity with Maine. Especially MO being age 23 and Main being 18.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:21:54 PM EST
There is no open carry in Missouri; you will need to be 23 before you carry in Missouri.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:13:02 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/3/2006 6:26:59 PM EST by Hellbender]
NONE of the answers given here are correct, go here for the correct answers......


There are SOME legal ways for you (@18 years old) to conceal carry in Mo., they will involve an Out of State CCL and certian handguns that are over 50 years old, or a handgun transferred to you by a guardian before the Mo. laws changed in 1998-99.

Do your homework and you can make it happen legally.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:36:20 PM EST
Maine should not issue you a non resident permit without a valid permit from your state of residence. thus this chain breaks in the beginning.
Top Top