Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/1/2010 12:48:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2010 11:29:21 AM EDT by FloridaConfederate]
Bought some DW Drum hardwear and they only had the floor model of the highhat stand. Come to find out it is missing parts and they want to charge me to get the parts....it wasnt sold as is ????

This is not the my first negative time with them....they are very much like a Times Square electronic store...slimy.

Any other Sam Assh horror stories ?

Who is the best mail order ?

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 2:46:32 PM EDT
I've never dealt with them, and the only time I've any experience with a mail order company was one time my Mom ordered a couple pickups from Musician's Friend for my Christmas gift a few years ago.

The pickups were as ordered, so no complaints.

And a friend ordered a Pearl drum set & some other stuff from Musician's Friend about 10 years or so ago & they treated him right.

But for all I know things have changed....
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 3:14:09 PM EDT
ive only heard good stuff about musicians friend. my brother and a good friend from high school both ordered tons of shit from them at one time or another.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:49:55 PM EDT
I used to love Sam Ash over Guitar Center. I had a few experiences at GC where the workers were total pricks and weren't helpful to their customers. A year or so later, SA and GC switched in the CS department somehow. Needless to say, I now am a big fan of Guitar Center to buy in person and Musician's Friend if I have to special order.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:31:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:45:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2010 8:49:05 PM EDT by kevhogAZ]
I've never had anything but excellent service from American Musical Supply. Musicians Friend does pretty good, as well. I bought a guitar from AMS, that came in about 14 pieces. One call to AMS, and I had a new guitar on the way, and a return tag for the broken guitar. They also offer 3 payments, to make it easier on your wallet.

American Musical Supply

I bought from Sweetwater, one time. They have the weirdest policies, ever. You order online, but a sales rep has to call you, to complete your order. If you don't talk to the rep, they don't send your stuff. They call 'em sales engineers or something, and if you ask me, it's a waste of time. I know what I want, and don't need somebody to approve my order.

The worst service I got was from Music 123. I will never buy anything from them again.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:32:25 PM EDT
Bought 4 guitars, 2 amps and a set of SD blackout pickups from Musicians friend... never had any problems.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:25:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:33:01 AM EDT
Samedaymusic is the absolute best. They have an online price match system, I use Google shopping to find the absolute lowest price by some questionable website, submit it with the url and price with shipping, and every time they BEAT that price. And ship it the same day.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 1:12:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Hendricks5150:
I used to love Sam Ash over Guitar Center. I had a few experiences at GC where the workers were total pricks and weren't helpful to their customers. A year or so later, SA and GC switched in the CS department somehow. Needless to say, I now am a big fan of Guitar Center to buy in person and Musician's Friend if I have to special order.

I always get good service at Guitar Center, in fact I usually can get them to give me a discount on whatever I am buying just by asking if they can lower the price a bit. I have never dealt with Sam Ash so I cant really say one way or the other for them.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 2:29:49 PM EDT
Paul Ash contacted me directly to resolve this.

That is pretty stand up.

I am sure he / they / all retailers get hit up for bitchers seeking freebies, comps etc

I was seeking free anything....I just wanted the part(s) the HH stand came with that were missing. I had communicated w/ DW who agreed to send me the parts out of dealer network after they heard my story and investmentI have in their products.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:35:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By FloridaConfederate:
Paul Ash contacted me directly to resolve this.

That is pretty stand up.

I am sure he / they / all retailers get hit up for bitchers seeking freebies, comps etc

I was seeking free anything....I just wanted the part(s) the HH stand came with that were missing. I had communicated w/ DW who agreed to send me the parts out of dealer network after they heard my story and investmentI have in their products.

Then please update the title of the post if you could so somebody reading this doesn't think they will get screwed by SamAsh and that they stand behind their sales.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:38:43 PM EDT
If you want to find some used gear check these guys out: http://www.daddys.com/

I have bought and sold to them, was happy with the deals I got.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:14:54 AM EDT
Sweetwater

You can haggle with the sales person and free fed ex shipping.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:55:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By RolandBozz:
Sweetwater

You can haggle with the sales person and free fed ex shipping.

I don't care for Sweetwater. They try to do this "personalized", "you're special" thing.

They call me and ask if there's anything I need. If they lose the rep assigned to me, I get a phone call from the new one introducing himself and asking if/how he can help.

I don't need or want that. I know what I want, when I want it, and I'll place an anonymous internet order to do so.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:45:17 AM EDT
I am fully a sweetwater fan. I like they way they do business. Always easier to measure twice and cut once. They also tend to carry only the better products.
Top Top