Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2015 5:32:02 PM EDT
Heads up for those of you with magpul's glock magazines that don't work.

Taken from facebook
Now Shipping--Again--The PMAG17 GL9.

We have now shipped replacement bodies for the entire first run of PMAG17 GL9 magazines to our dealers and distributors. Within the next few days, everyone who purchased PMAG17 GL9 magazines from the initial run should be receiving their replacement bodies, either delivered directly to the purchaser in the case of those who purchased from Brownells, Midway, DSG, Aim Surplus, or other online retailers, or delivered to your local gun store, where you may trade the old bodies for new, in the case of an over-the-counter sale. If anyone who purchased at a brick and mortar store is unable to return to the purchase location, please contact customer service and alternate arrangements will be made.

This also marks the kickoff of full production of the magazine as originally intended, and the corrected PMAG17 GL9 will begin shipping again to dealers and distributors. All magazine bodies with a date code of 5/15 and later are the corrected bodies, and will work flawlessly with G34, G17, G17L, G19, and G26 pistols with none of the ammunition sensitivities exhibited in the first run.

We thank everyone for their patience with this product launch, and we appreciate your continued business.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:34:07 PM EDT
[#1]
That is how you stand behind a product!
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:46:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmm... Two things I find odd...

I've never seen one of these mags in the wild.

Why are they putting date codes on mags?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
H

View Quote

Exactly for reasons like this, so you can identify a "bad" production part, etc
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:49:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I've never seen one of these mags in the wild. I have three

Why are they putting date codes on mags? In case of recalls?
View Quote

I have only tried one of mine and it worked just fine so I don't know what all the fuss is about.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've never seen one of these mags in the wild.

View Quote

All my pmags are date coded.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:50:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Why are they putting date codes on magazines?
Maybe to tell apart those produced after a certain date from those produced before a certain date?  
They could use a "B", or any other mark, but a date is pretty easy to read and understand.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Just received a shipping notice/tracking number from DSG for the replacement bodies 15 minutes ago. Nice to see magpul being on the ball with this issue.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#8]
What was the issue with them?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:22:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

What was the issue with them?
View Quote
My understanding was they didn't feed reliably with certain types of ammo.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top