Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2002 3:03:38 PM EDT
I made my shooting bench for the BRC, and a target stand for ranges of less than 100 yards.
I got the whole top of the bench painted, and was feeling good unitl I put it together.
I used plastic tension sawhorse brackets for it, and got enough 2x4s for four legs....it needs eight. Crap.

At least the rest is done. I will get another 12 footer tomorrow and finish it.

Then I can start loading again. I still have 500 45s to load, 1k 38 special, and at least 300 more 30/06. (And my rifle loading is all single stage on a lee starter press)
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm making one which looks like this.   I have the wood cut and I'm waiting for the legs to showup.  

[img]ambrutis.com/john/pix/bench1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#2]
7, That looks like a nice portable bench design.  I've been thinking about building one, maybe I should copy that one.  Thanks for the pic.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#3]
That looks llike one of those old CPR backboards we use in cardiac arrest.  You just gave me an idea.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 4:33:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I took a half sheet of BC 3/4 and attached 4 plastic tension style sawhorse brackets to it.
The top is 48" long and 35" wide at the wide point. The left side scoops in to 24" at the back (my wife and I are both right handed).
I didn't do the handle thing.
With the additional legs the cost for the bench and target stand is $50.
I first made the bench 37" high, but that was way too high for the folding chairs so I am going to trim the height to 32".
I rounded over all corners, routered over the edges, sanded, and painted, all in an attempt to avoid splinters.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 5:02:30 PM EDT
[#5]
nice job 7. I'll have to try that.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top