Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2005 11:49:24 PM EDT
is this looked down upon as much as China?

I understand the Commie part (duh!),
I mean more from a quality standpoint.

(yes, cheap sh!t comes from everywhere)

no, I'm NOT trying to troll either!
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:01:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Taiwan may no longer exist in a year or two
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:04:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Taiwan may no longer exist in a year or two

Dont sound so Negative...

Maybe....Just Maybe, China wont exist in a year of two.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:19:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I have always believed that keeping your business as local as possible helps yourself by helping your community.  Buying American helps your fellow Americans.  I look to the positive side of that economy and think  "support" rather than "against".  I support Taiwan as long as they struggle for freedom from China.  America dumps billions of dollars in China every year.  It is to the point where you cannot find products that are American made and the only supply is Chinese.  We need to get off our asses and manufacture our own goods, and consumers need to support that or by force with trade tariffs.  Americans have weened on the Chinese tit and like that cheap commy milk.  

Every time a Chinese good is purchased this is what it pays for....
BBC News reports:
"China's President Hu Jintao told China's 2.5 million-strong People's Liberation Army, whose budget has risen rapidly in recent years amid growing concern in the US, to put national defence "above all else"..."We shall step up preparations for possible military struggle and enhance our capabilities to cope with crises, safeguard peace, prevent wars and win the wars if any," the president said. "

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:03:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Made in Taiwan > Made in China if only for the fact that the communists wont be getting the money and using it to build up thier military so that they can one day conquer Taiwan.

IMO if you are going to buy stuff made overseas "Hecho en Mexico" is even better just because its atleast improving the economy of one of our neighbors and they will be more likely to come to buy goods from us.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:56:28 AM EDT
[#5]
My main experience w/ Taiwanese stuff is the realm of bicycles.  Everything I've ever gotten that was made in Taiwan was first rate stuff.  No worries there, mon.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 2:59:07 AM EDT
[#6]
6 of one, half dozen of the other
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top