Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2010 7:49:23 PM EDT
What do you think about a Mad Max sequel? It sounds like it could be good so far. I liked the first 2 movies and thought the 3rd was just ok.
IMDb

Link
Mad Max: Fury Road Will Feature “130 Cars and Bikes and 298 Stunts!”

Posted on Thursday, September 2nd, 2010 by Adam Quigley

If the casting of Tom Hardy in the lead role of Mad Max: Fury Road didn’t convince you that this is already a film worthy of your hard-earned cash, maybe this news will. The movie hasn’t started shooting yet—it won’t until next year—but we now have some numbers to give a sense of the amount of vehicular chaos that’s going to ensue. In short: A lot.
Transmoto has some brief words from motorcycle stuntman Cameron Taylor, who’s currently rehearsing stunts for Fury Road, and he let slip, “It’s a big budget deal that’s got 130 cars and bikes and 298 stunts!”

Gordon and the Whale points out that the ’80s film The Junkman holds the Guiness Book of World Records for most amount of car crashes in a movie, with over 250 wrecks to behold.

Now, the “298 stunts” in Fury Road doesn’t necessarily refer exclusively to crashes, but it still puts into perspective just how action-heavy the film promises to be. Best of all, this means they’re putting an emphasis on practical car stunts over CGI, which is something I’ve been eager to experience again ever since seeing Death Proof return to the gloriously raw, gritty ways of old. Fast and Furious certainly didn’t deliver in that department, but with Drive Angry 3D and now Fury Road, it seems that we may not have to wait too long for some more CGI-free automotive pandemonium.
Interestingly, the interview also revealed that the roles that the stuntmen will play in the film extend beyond simply performing stunts:

I’m literally riding all day at the moment, jumping up cliffs and doing some technical riding. So it’s hard work, but good fun. The on-set catering is insane, with choice-cut steaks and all sorts of gourmet stuff, but I think they’re holding off on desserts for us as they want us to all have that skinny, feral desert look. Even I have to lose weight to look right! It’s cool as we are actually going to be part of the movie, not just stunt doubles. I’ll be back out here early next year for seven months while the thing is filmed.

From the sounds of it, director George Miller (who also directed the three previous Mad Max films) is trying to maintain some consistency with his band of marauders, even amidst the extensive car mayhem. That’s even more good news, since watching ridiculously cool action beats without being able to identify who’s in the middle of it is the quickest way to draining them of all their fun.

Mad Max: Fury Road will shoot in 3D early next year. Its cast also includes Charlize Theron, Nicholas Hoult, Teresa Palmer, and Riley Keough.

Here are some pics someone took at a truck stop of some vehicles being trucked to the set. Link

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:06:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Thunderdome sucked. I don't quite know what to expect from a new Max, though. Mel's recent behavior makes him a perfect sun-addled looney
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:24:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd prefer to see Charlize play 'Mad Maxine' instead of the twink they have cast as Max.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:17:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Handsome Bob is going to play the lead?

Really?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:50:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:40:25 AM EDT
[#5]
This thing has been in the works for like a decade or something.  I'll believe it when I see it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:29:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I bet the can get Mel Gibson pretty cheap now.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:49:05 PM EDT
[#7]
They CANNOT have the Interceptor...its fucking dead!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:02:43 PM EDT
[#8]
it's back on?

it got canned years ago

but no Mel no sale

and why is there a picture of the interceptor?

it was the last of the V8s and went kaboom in Road Warrior?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:57:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
it's back on?
it got canned years ago

but no Mel no sale

and why is there a picture of the interceptor?
it was the last of the V8s and went kaboom in Road Warrior?

We only think that because some boom-mounted gimp gear head stuck in the desert said so.  How'd he know?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:50:16 PM EDT
[#10]
well it was the last of the police V8s and I'm pretty sure the blower was custom

in either case, a new sequel having an exact duplicate of the car is lame
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:24:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Could it be a prequel?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:26:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Nah....not a prequel.  Max was amazed when he first saw the Interceptor in Mad Max.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:35:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'd prefer to see Charlize play 'Mad Maxine' instead of the twink they have cast as Max.

I'd have rather watched that hypothetical film as well.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nah....not a prequel.  Max was amazed when he first saw the Interceptor in Mad Max.

No, a prequel to Road Warrior...
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:57:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Here is a site with some history on the interceptor. It's hard to believe it almost got scrapped because no one wanted to buy it and set
outside a junk yard for 3 years. I bet it is worth alot now. link

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:12:49 AM EDT
[#16]
I look forward to it, I love the Mad Max series.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:07:21 AM EDT
[#17]
It could cover the periods in between Mad Max and Road warrior or From Road Warrior to Thunderdome.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:34:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Sounds like a lot of cars and bikes in this movie....maybe it takes place between Mad Max and The Road Warrior?

Quoted:

Here is a site with some history on the interceptor. It's hard to believe it almost got scrapped because no one wanted to buy it and set

outside a junk yard for 3 years. I bet it is worth alot now. link

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/cars/mad-max-interceptor/images/max1.jpg

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/cars/mad-max-interceptor/images/max2.jpg

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/cars/mad-max-interceptor/images/max3.jpg

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/cars/mad-max-interceptor/images/Xb5.jpg

I read they really blew up the car, and it was left in the desert until people started taking parts of it and eventually there was nothing left?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top