Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
5/28/2020 10:18:12 PM
Posted: 1/8/2003 4:31:29 PM EDT
Sorry if this is a dumb question.

I have the itch to get a machine gun. I was complaining to a friend at the gun shop the other day about the expense involved in purchasing a full auto AR and he said I could make one and register it on ATF Form 1 as an individual.

I didn't think this was legal.

Is it possible to register a reciever on a form 1 and make a machine gun?
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 4:39:13 PM EDT
It had to be registered prior to '86 to be transferable. However you can buy a RDIAS (registered drop in auto sear) and put that in a new postban receiver and do anything you want to it, but the sear must already be registered and transferable. The same would go for a lightning link. Otherwise you're looking at a true machine gun made and registered before '86, or a registered receiver that was a converted semi, both are more expensive then the first two. Hope that helped.

Link Posted: 1/8/2003 4:59:57 PM EDT

That's what I thought, but you know how the advice you get in a gun shop can be...

Top Top