Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2011 4:24:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:26:18 AM EDT
[#1]
At first I thought this was about the FYROM.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:27:03 AM EDT
[#2]
We have a law in Va that the HOA cannot ask you to remove the US flag. No matter the size

I thought it would be cool to hang a gigantic on from the eves of the roof if someone pulled that shit on me
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:29:09 AM EDT
[#3]
He moves into a community with a regualtion he disagrees with and choses not to follow it.  He will lose.  Needs to move where the contract allows him to have a flagpole and fly the flag.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:34:20 AM EDT
[#4]
After hearing many such stories about homeowners associations I am convinced that Hitler, Mao and Stalin all got their starts in HOA's.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:42:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He moves into a community with a regualtion he disagrees with and choses not to follow it.  He will lose.  Needs to move where the contract allows him to have a flagpole and fly the flag.

As shitty as it is, this is true. But OH has a law protecting him maybe?

Quigley's attorney, Gerald Patronite, said Ohio state law prohibits restrictions on flying the American flag on personal property.

I wonder how that will play out?

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:58:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
After hearing many such stories about homeowners associations I am convinced that Hitler, Mao and Stalin all got their starts in HOA's.

Not quite.  Hitler, Mao and Stalin rose to the top of their national food chain.  HOA presidents weren't good enough and couldn't make it into politics, so they turned toward HOAs where they can be the local god-king.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 5:02:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not quite.  Hitler, Mao and Stalin rose to the top of their national food chain.  HOA presidents weren't good enough and couldn't make it into politics, so they turned toward HOAs where they can be the local god-king.

It sounds like there were rules against this sort of thing (although I would personally disagree with them).  There's no indication this is a personality-based conflict.  

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 5:02:53 AM EDT
[#8]
in before the big city thinker says how he thinks its great that the vet cant fly the flag and posts his smug ass smileys!

as a member of the .mil and even more importantly a proud and unapologetic American, I think it should be unlawful to ban or otherwise prevent the flying of an American flag, be it by flag from the house railing or a flagpole in the yard.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 5:04:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 5:15:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I guess nobody read the article that says OH law prohibits flag flying restrictions on personal property.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top