Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 1:47:59 PM EDT
I know there is a season 2 out also. It was been quite a while. I remember us all as a family watching MacGyver, and what the hell is he going to do this time!
Anyone out there ever toy around with what they see done on this show.

I do notice lots of AK-47's in the movies I have seen so far. I do realize MacGyver is on cable /satelite systems, but I don't have it .
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:58:17 PM EDT
[#1]
So refresh my memory.
In the first episode, he enters a foreign country, shoots a bunch of people with an AK47.
And then later turns into a peacenick who hates guns?

And what's the mature theme?
I watched it as a kid.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:06:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Doesnt like guns and eats tofu

I remember one episode where he makes a defibulator out of two candlesticks, an electrical cord, and a rubber mat.

Never had a chance to try it on someone

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought he quit liking guns when he was a kid. I remember there was an episode where him and his friends get their hands on a gun and end up accidently killing one of them.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:11:05 PM EDT
[#4]
"Mature theme"?

It was on network TV in the 80s...it does not get much more tame than that.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:18:57 PM EDT
[#5]
The mature theme is on the DVD's, Probably so young children dont try to make bombs and other things he makes??? I have no idea, I watched it as a kid too.
So, is Macgyver a anti gun Liberal?  If so I had no idea.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I remember as a kid fighting over which show was better The A-Team or MacGyver. Even as a little kid I was mad the MacGyver would never use a gun.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:28:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I thought he quit liking guns when he was a kid. I remember there was an episode where him and his friends get their hands on a gun and end up accidently killing one of them.

That's true, BUT, in the earliest episodes he was using firearms.  Some of those early shows made reference to when he was a soldier, but they later took that out of the story.  

Hopefully someone will remember the early episode where Pete played a totally different character, even going by another name.  This was before they thought up the Phoenix Foundation.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
"Mature theme"? he
I guess it's for the bomb and weapon making.  A lot of fighting too.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:29:53 PM EDT
[#9]
no guns, but he makes C4 to blow stuff up!

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

So, is Macgyver a anti gun Liberal?  If so I had no idea.

I don't think that really came out until the show was doing well.
I liked the show at first, but then it got so that I couldn't watch it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:30:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"Mature theme"?

It was on network TV in the 80s...it does not get much more tame than that.

I guess it's for the bomb and weapon making.

For the most part, they left steps out.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:31:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
no guns, but he makes C4 to blow stuff up!hr
He had his past which made him hate guns.  He didn't like C4 either, he just used it if he needed it to get out of the sticky situation he always found himself in (he would use a gun for this too if one was available).
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:35:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He had his past which made him hate guns.  He didn't like C4 either, he just used it if he needed it to get out of the sticky situation he always found himself in (he would use a gun for this too if one was available).

The one I remember best, he deliberately didn't use a gun he had available.
I think he was being chased by the bad guys, got locked in somewhere, pulled a bullet and used the gunpowder to blast a lock, and then threw the gun away. In spite of the the armed pursuers.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:36:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I remember as a kid fighting over which show was better The A-Team or MacGyver. Even as a little kid I was mad the MacGyver would never use a gun.

I loved the A-team, but unlike mcgyver, everyone had a gun, and no one got shot.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
no guns, but he makes C4 to blow stuff up!hr

I think he was being chased by the bad guys, got locked in somewhere, pulled a bullet and used the gunpowder to blast a lock, and then threw the gun away. In spite of the the armed pursuers.

I remember him using an AK to scare the bad guys, he hooked it up to some type of timer.  Actually, you can see it in the opening credits.  

I guess on the same note, he didn't use C4 against the bad guys just like he didn't use guns, just used them to get out of his situation.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, sometimes it definitely would be more expedient to use the gun.  Like if he needed to get away from the bad guys and he had a perfectly good car, he would disassemble it and make a unicycle to ride out.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:47:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I remember "Mac" at a "Assult Weapons" factory in the US.   The owner(The Bad Guy in the show) told Mac that he had a constitutional right to make these weapons.  He says to the owner of the company I don't think these are going to any National Guard Armorys.

Mac was a Left wing maggot unlike Brigadier General Jack O'Neill

I liked Macgyver for what it was...brain fodder.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:48:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember him using an AK to scare the bad guys, he hooked it up to some type of timer.  Actually, you can see it in the opening credits.  

I guess on the same note, he didn't use C4 against the bad guys just like he didn't use guns, just used them to get out of his situation.  

yeah he rigged it with a stick through the trigger guard. Kind of like bump firing.....instead of your left arm pulling though it used gravity
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah he rigged it with a stick through the trigger guard. Kind of like bump firing.....instead of your left arm pulling though it used gravity

Alright maybe I'm losing it.
I could'a swore it was the very first episode of the show, in the intro he had to scale a cliff to rescue a downed airman, and he used an AK47 to fire on attacking soldiers.
A little help?
I'm not crazy am I?

I do seem to recall the episode where he used the stick through the trigger tho'.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I could'a swore it was the very first episode of the show, in the intro he had to scale a cliff to rescue a downed airman, and he used an AK47 to fire on attacking soldiers.
A little help?
I'm not crazy am I?

I do seem to recall the episode where he used the stick through the trigger tho'.

I think they were different episodes. I cant recall ever seeing one where he shoots people or at them with a gun.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:13:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I think they were different episodes. I cant recall ever seeing one where he shoots people or at them with a gun.

I'm certain they were different, er parts of the same episode episodes.

ETA, see below.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:13:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I remember "Mac" at a "Assult Weapons" factory in the US.   The owner(The Bad Guy in the show) told Mac that he had a constitutional right to make these weapons.  He says to the owner of the company I don't think these are going to any National Guard Armorys.

So that's what happened to the Shrike.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Stryfe asked:

A little help?
I'm not crazy am I?

I saw the "Pilot" it was as you stated, then there was a large acid tank way down below ground.
Pete was a guy that worked in the building, he took his cigarettees and later smoked up the elevator shaft to see the laser lights. Then he broke his favorite pair of binoculors to reflect the lazer, (ever hear of a scorpion stinging its self?) He goes down elevator shaft to a blocked corodor, hears tapping on a pipe. Uses fire hose to elevate beam after he cuts the end off the hose and ties it in a knot. uses leverage of his body to break on through to the other side. finds group of people.
Girl refuses to leave and wants to help him. (Damn, its Diane from Cheer's)  any way they find chocolate bars on the floor that broke a candy machine open open sreating an acid leak, they seal the crack with chocolate bars.  end of show pilot...
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#24]

oooohh... MacGyver...
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:39:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:40:03 PM EDT
[#26]

SalemShooterMN:

Sweet!
Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:15:06 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A little help?
I'm not crazy am I?

This isn't the pilot I believe, but it is in season 1.  It is the only episode that macgyver directly fire s a firearm, and it's only for  a couple of frames.  After he saves the captive pilot, the pilot fires a few rounds from a commandeered AK at the bad guys, then hands it to Mac, who is shown firing for just a split second before the camera cuts to a different scene.  When it comes back, the pilot has the rifle again.  He did the stick in the trigger guard trick to distract the guards to free the airman.

-Nw -
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top